Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fenris Vs Falco: Theologys examined

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:50 PM

Notice that I didn't say we were created by God. I believe in the theory of Abiogenesis myself. However we have agreed that living things use gods energy and return it when we die...
From here on in I'll be posting pure wild speculation, so bear with me... wink2.gif

Imagine if you will the first creatures to devolop some intelligence and sense of self. When they die God recieves a small portion of that and becomes aware of itself. As evolution continues and the intelligence gets higher God becomes more intelligent too. Since God is not bound to a single life but recieves a portion of all thoughts you can see how quickly intelligence would be built..
Now imagine that God found a way to communicate small portions of the total divine knowledge to a small but promising looking group of Hominids. The hominids used these bits of information to help them develop along their evolutionary journey and along the way their thoughts turned to what might be greater than them, or what might explain things they could not. Thoughts directed at God further empowered the divine energy and increased it's own sentience..
So in my worldview God and Man evolved co-dependant on each other..
Every once in a while, a human recieves inspiration from the Divine and the resulting change in society from that whether it be physical, spiritual, or technological empowers God with something new to It's makeup..
I don't believe God waved a wand and we were Intelligent and Free-willed, but I do believe that he facilitated our ability to be both as it increases what he posesses too..
That is why I believe God would be against Dogma and Blind Faith, it stifles the independant thought and experimentation that helps all of us along our journey through existence..

*I realize I referred to God as he several times, and that doesn't seem consistent with my beliefs. blame it on cultural conditioning and ease of writing..

#62    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Falco Rex @ Jun 17 2004, 01:50 PM)
*I realize I referred to God as he several times, and that doesn't seem consistent with my beliefs. blame it on cultural conditioning and ease of writing..

Ah that then is the probable origin of you stating since "God" provided us with free will, which is why I asked as it seemed at odds with the rest of what you said about your beliefs original.gif

A part of this post also seems slightly contradictory, here you state.....
Imagine if you will the first creatures to devolop some intelligence and sense of self. When they die God recieves a small portion of that and becomes aware of itself.

Yet priviously you stated I believe that after you die your "soul" for lack of a better term splits into two parts. The first part, which is the basic life energy that everyone posesses, is reabsorbed by "God" or whatever you feel comfortable calling the Divine Force..
The second part, which consists of our memories and personalities and whatever makes each one of us uniquely us, travels to what some would term the Afterlife..

If its the soul energy that gets reabsorbed whilst the rest goes on to some 'afterlife' how then can 'god' be recieving intelligence from that process as surely that would be part of the personality (Which you state you believe does the afterlife thang) rather than part of the 'basic life energy (Which you have as the portion being reabsorbed)?

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#63    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:20 PM

It's not really at odds with the statement, I just didn't go into the concept deep enough. Sorry, lazy typing.. sad.gif
If you read my first post in the Reincarnation thread(At least I think that's the one) you'll see that I said I believe that your basic life energy you use during your life is bound to absorb some of your thoughts and intelligence. The fact that the record of those thoughts is there, doesn't make that "You". You as a soul with personality and sentience has moved on to wherever, you've merely left parts of your intelligence behind..
God, as a living being who absorbs the energy you leave has the ability to assimilate the information that may be imprinted on this energy for Him/Her/Itself..
I like the concept of the Akashic Record now that you've explained it, and I'll probably do some reading on the subject..

#64    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:56 AM

If you read my first post in the Reincarnation thread(At least I think that's the one) you'll see that I said I believe that your basic life energy you use during your life is bound to absorb some of your thoughts and intelligence

I'm not sure I catch your drift on the difference between "your basic life energy" and "your thoughts and intelligence".

An elaboration on this idea would allow me to offer into proper discussion is all.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#65    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:07 AM

My belief is fairly simple on this one. Every thing that has life has energy or the potential for energy within it..Hence, basic life energy.
However, every being that can think builds up a record of thoughts and emotions and memories, etc. This is a far more complex thing than just "Being."
So I believe the soul is dualistic in nature. So you have your Undersoul, which is basically just the energy needed to be alive, and you have your Oversoul which is everything that makes you uniquely yourself.
While the Undersoul is static and unchanging, the Oversoul grows as you do through your entire existance...
I hope that helped explain it a little..  

#66    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:43 AM

So your edging back toward having the part that gets reabsorbed as having no inteligence? Or are you now saying that the inteligence part is also absorbed? I'm getting kind of Fuzzy about what you actualy believe on that, you seem to be saying two contradictory things?

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#67    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:00 PM

To elaborate a bit..I believe that the part of your soul that gets reabsorbed carries an imprint of your intelligence and memories but that it's not intelligent or sentient on it's own..
The other half of the soul; the one that moves on to wherever it may go; is the real you in a sense. It has your intelligence and memories too; but more importantly it's made up of your sentience and will-power..
It's the difference between a copy and the original basically..

#68    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

While the Undersoul is static and unchanging, the Oversoul grows as you do through your entire existance...

I dig what your saying now Falco. I guess I interpret this issue as the "Undersoul" is what you are born with, it is a clear slate, pure and unadulterated. Through life experience this clean slate is impressed apon and changes to what you refer to as an "Oversoul".

Where as I view these two things as very much the same thing. Undersoul being the initial ingredient and the Oversoul being the final product after processing through life's influence.

So in my view the soul is the soul as in its singularity. In death this singular entity continues in its energy form.

Would your idea of the soul be Tinistic in nature, the Undersoul, Oversoul and the body?

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#69    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:56 AM

Yes, that's basically what I believe. However I don't view the undersoul as being a clean slate. Or any slate, really. I think of it as merely life force, with no good or bad attached to it. It's the oversoul where things like morality and higher or lack thereof take place, independantly and yet symbiotically with the undersoul and body..  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users