Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One in seven thinks end of world is coming

world

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#91    _Only

_Only

• 6,670 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostMID, on 19 May 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I would tend to agree, in the presence of a complete sentence.
However, I asked Redoubt the question.

:tu:

Yeah, I don't like loaded rhetorical questions, so I answered for him.

In incomplete form.

I can do that stuff.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#92    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,546 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Remember what's his name that predicted the end of the world twice in the last year? And there's all those people in France, waiting for the end as well. I wonder how many times the end has been predicted over the last 4-5,000. And people are still falling for it. I do believe the big draw is that some people believe they are the chosen ones who are sure to ascend, leaving the rest of us behind. For sure, us un-chosen ones are pretty sure the world will continue mostly as it always has, although it might be really cool if the chosen ones ascended (or descended, as the case may be) and left the rest of us in peace, with no leaflets stuck on our doors and no missionaries disturbing a fine day.

#93    mytan08

mytan08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

hi, im new in this forum and as what's on my mind we dont when will be our mother earth will rest or the end of the world.
we just have to care our earth more and believe in him.

Untold Mysteries of the deepsea creatures

#94    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,238 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostSakari, on 02 May 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

I do not think it is going to on a specific date....

I just hope it does happen, sooner than later.....This cancer on Earth needs to be treated all ready.
Yeah we need a good lemming jump don't we. Unfortunately, we are probably stuck with the current arrangement for now.  Mabey a good solar flare will wipe out electronics and we can live by our wits again I stead of chaseing the joneses.

Edited by Seeker79, 21 May 2012 - 02:46 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#95    advincharles

advincharles

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

I think that this is all a part of joke because if in really this thing is exist then according to the maya culture the beginning of the beginning of 2012 is the end of world but is it happened? the answer is not so just chill.

#96    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

View Postadvincharles, on 21 May 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I think that this is all a part of joke because if in really this thing is exist then according to the maya culture the beginning of the beginning of 2012 is the end of world but is it happened? the answer is not so just chill.

Actually, there's nothing in that Mayan calendar that indicates the end of the world is anytime.
That's a wishful-thinking ( :unsure2: ) creation of gullible people, the same type that affix all sorts of prophecy and prediction to the nonsensical gibberish that Nostradamus wrote.

#97    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostMID, on 24 May 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Actually, there's nothing in that Mayan calendar that indicates the end of the world is anytime.
That's a wishful-thinking ( :unsure2: ) creation of gullible people, the same type that affix all sorts of prophecy and prediction to the nonsensical gibberish that Nostradamus wrote.

Holy ****, that was well said. :tu:

#98    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 24 May 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Holy ****, that was well said. :tu:

Many thanks, Sir.

:yes:

#99    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,109 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Mayb e someone went back in time and created a giant ad that spans time. A new flavour of coke or another iphone will be released 21/12/12 maybe.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#100    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

One in seven people are absolutely hopeless at arithmetic, and the other five have to make up for it.

#101    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostHabitat, on 27 May 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

One in seven people are absolutely hopeless at arithmetic, and the other five have to make up for it.

:w00t:

#102    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostMID, on 27 May 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

:w00t:

:tu:

Posted Image

#103    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

i hope the whole 2012 december date is a big flop.. whatever don't kill us makes us stronger

all the ones who believed it was doomsday are forced to rethink things.. that's a good thing,

if you know someone who's currently bothered by the whole scene, it becomes your job opens up an oppurtunity for you to help them work through 2013 :tu:

there's no point griefing them the next morning.. anyone with half a brain will be doing that to themselves, it's the ones who still cling to the destruction story, that kind of thinking would only hinder them in 2013..

i see two possibilities emerging from this... either we the people are going to get our **** together and confront the establishment... or the establishment (which has been busy getting its **** together) is going to confront us...

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#104    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Based on the news this past week... Zombie Apocalypse is seeming more and more like the correct answer.... :no: :tu:

#105    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,479 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Is One in Seven a character in a new Star Trek series?

If so, why should we listen to her/him/it?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

Also tagged with world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users