Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother dog carries her puppies to safety

Still Waters

Touching pictures of a dog rescuing her ten-day-old puppies from a house fire and carrying them to safety have emerged on the internet.

The blaze broke out at a home in Santa Rosa de Temuco, Chile, on Thursday after a car bomb went off.

The mother dog - a German Shepherd mix called Amanda - risked her life to pick up the puppies in her mouth and carried them from the burning house to the safety of the fire truck.

http://www.dailymail...ome-safety.html

• Like 8

Amazing. Such devotion shows that even animals can override their fear of harm to save their babies.

I recall a similar story that involved a mommy cat who went into a burning building to save each and every kitten even as she got burned herself.

So sweet.

• Like 7

Could teach some humans a thing or two...shame one died but at least the mother gave it a fighting chance.. :(

• Like 6

As I was reading I called Becky in to take a look at the dog saving her pups.. and she goes - Aww so cute, how does she know how to do that? I said - She is a mother, that's how !..

If UM had a - Story of the day function..this thread / story would clinch it

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 5

That was really touching, it's brought a tear to my eye.

• Like 5

I love reading this type of story it always makes me feel warm inside. :tu:

• Like 3

Reading or hearing stories like this makes me think about all those dog movies I watched when I was a kid, especially Lassie. Good movies, they are.

And somebody should give that momma dog a lifetime of free bone-treats.

• Like 3

Beautiful.

Shame one of them didn't make it. :cry:

• Like 3

Aw, that is so beautiful. What is really amazing is that she had the sense to choose the firetruck as the safe haven, like she totally understood it had arrived to save the day and the firemen along with it, truly insightful of her :yes: . Poor pup that didn't make it, I hate thinking how it would have broke her heart to see it injured so badly. :cry:

• Like 3

poor puppy. But I am glad mum and its brothers and sisters made it out.

Great story. Good heart warming story for a change.