Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reprogramming to improve your relationships

anatoly

I'm coming from a place where I need to be competitive, day in and day out... however sometimes I realize that this competitive mindset that our Western society lives with sometime causes us to view others in an "unfriendly manner" outside of work environment.

Recently I been trying some exercises, which I would like to share. And I would like you guys to share as well what type of visualizations and exercises you would do to better your relations with people and view your fellow human beings more of like a family member then an outsider.

I would like us all to learn from each others posts and preform these exercises

So here goes...

Sometimes when I sit on a bus or in a waiting area, I look at the person infront of me, if I happen for some reason find something about that person which I don't particularly like, instead of looking at that person as "Me vs him/her". I look at them as a reflection of me. I imagine that, that person is an exact reflecting of me, and if I don't like what I see, I have to change myself first... this type of artificially implemented mindset humbles me and helps me generate compassion for the other person.

• Like 1

Seems kind of narcissistic to have to see that person as yourself before you are willing to generate compassion for them

• Like 2

See them as yourself. Exactly like treat others as you want to be treated, makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

I'm no psychologist so I'm not sure how effective your routines are but I find that being the de facto unchallenged absolute ruler of the planet makes all relationships perfect. You should try it sometime.

• Like 2

I usually got about my business. If anything people notice my wizrd hat and wine jug... yes they do!

• Like 1

"Seeing myself in others" can work, might be better not take it too literally so it works better. People are different though, so profoundly you shouldn't expect everyone like the same things.

I rather empty & sensitivise myself and take the reactions. It's easier to learn new stuff if you "clean the harddrive" once in a while.

• Like 1

I advocate seeing the humanity in others. Others have family and friends who love them. Others may be struggling with illness or depression. Others have the same basic survival issues we all have. Seeing others as being like ourselves is the key to empathy and compassion.

• Like 1