Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA successfully launches Curiosity rover

Saru

A new journey to Mars begins as the huge car-sized rover is launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida.

A robot built to roam Mars in search of signs that the planet could have supported life has been launched without a hitch by Nasa.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaden

• 27vet

• d e v i c e

• gatobenson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was wondering if they are going out of curiosity or out of belief?

Well NASA knows but i doubt they will tell you, even if you are taxpayer...

I dont know much but does anybody know if the rover ever went to the face on mars?

Pareidolia aka matrixing. From other angles the face completely disappears. Absolutely 100% natural.

Good job NASA! I wouldn't be surprized if it finds a McDonalds drive-thru or similar there.

Thats a lot of money to go squandering on a question that already has an answer. The answer being; yes, there is life other than here on Earth.

Edited by Device

I don't understand whybin times of national need we can't just put a pause on all these optional mega billion $ programs. Nasa can be important, but so is making sure our education system straightens up enough to keep suppling them with scientists.

Thats a lot of money to go squandering on a question that already has an answer. The answer being; yes, there is life other than here on Earth.

Where exactly?

I dont know much but does anybody know if the rover ever went to the face on mars?

That is a good question. Not as far as I know. I do know that Cydonia lies in the planet's northern hemisphere and that orbiting projects have taken photos.

Why to spent million of dollars to see something that is proven beyond any doubt that is a simple freaking rock?

You can go here; http://marsrover.nasa.gov/home/ and find a map that shows exactly where the rovers have traveled. No where near the Cydonia region, but, why? There is not a scientist on this planet that thinks that formation is anything but natural. Not one, nada, zip, zero. The only ones that believe it is not a natural geologic feature are charlatans and the gullible who believe them.

As for life, while it may seem logical that it is out there somewhere, the fact is, we have not found any signs of it anywhere. We have found places that could support life and we have found places that could have supported life in the past, but no definite signs of life of any kind anywhere.

While exploring another world may seem extravagant, it seems to me that we must prepare for the future, and that means we must eventually expand to other worlds. This planet is not going to support a growing population forever. We'll have to go elsewhere for mining of resources and living space. Waiting until we absolutely have to is a big mistake, we have to start now and that start is by exploring, and developing new technology.

Edited by Gaden

They aren't trying to answer the question "is there life other than here on Earth"

The questions are "Is there or was there life on Mars? What is or was it like? What is the history of life on Mars? Etc."

Saying that this mission is "squandering" is like saying that the Hubble Space Telescope was "squandering" because scientists already knew there was stars and galaxies in the universe before they sent it into space.

• 4 weeks later...

You can go here; http://marsrover.nasa.gov/home/ and find a map that shows exactly where the rovers have traveled. No where near the Cydonia region, but, why? There is not a scientist on this planet that thinks that formation is anything but natural. Not one, nada, zip, zero. The only ones that believe it is not a natural geologic feature are charlatans and the gullible who believe them.

As for life, while it may seem logical that it is out there somewhere, the fact is, we have not found any signs of it anywhere. We have found places that could support life and we have found places that could have supported life in the past, but no definite signs of life of any kind anywhere.

While exploring another world may seem extravagant, it seems to me that we must prepare for the future, and that means we must eventually expand to other worlds. This planet is not going to support a growing population forever. We'll have to go elsewhere for mining of resources and living space. Waiting until we absolutely have to is a big mistake, we have to start now and that start is by exploring, and developing new technology.

gatobenson Graham Hancock quoted several scientists that believe the

Cydonia area is artificial in "

Graham Hancock quoted several scientists that believe the Cydonia area is artificial in his book "THE MARS MYSTEY".

A good proof is at url:

http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/mars.htm

Edited by gatobenson

Graham Hancock quoted several scientists that believe the Cydonia area is artificial in his book "THE MARS MYSTEY".

A good proof is at url:

http://www.thehidden...ds.com/mars.htm

:blink:

What scientists? And there is no proof. It's an imaginary tale based on pareidolia combined with a determination to see something there by all means. It is, by all means of respect, utter nonsense.

Cheers,

Badeskov

:blink:

What scientists? And there is no proof. It's an imaginary tale based on pareidolia combined with a determination to see something there by all means. It is, by all means of respect, utter nonsense.

Cheers,

Badeskov

We know thats Santa Claus on Mars dont we Badeskov`s !

Have a great Christmas to you and your family buddie ! :tu:

Heres your present early ! Dont tell Pee-Wee I took it !

post-68971-0-05050800-1324786348_thumb.j

post-106608-0-02628000-1325116215_thumb.post-106608-0-02628000-1325116215_thumb.

A good proof is at url:

http://www.thehidden...ds.com/mars.htm

. Side view of the 'mouth

I'll stand by my statement. First of all, by scientist, I mean someone witha degree and doing research in a scientific field. Geology, archaeology, astronomy, et al. Second of all, Graham Hancock is one of the charlatans I was referring to.

Here is a photo of the 'face' in the cydonia region, post-106608-0-61663600-1325115859_thumb. from this far away, it really does resemble a face, but let's zoom in;post-106608-0-99587400-1325115883_thumb. now you have to squint to see it. Zooming in on the 'mouth' it's starting to look more natural; post-106608-0-92473900-1325116116_thumb. side view even more so;post-106608-0-32425000-1325116150_thumb. close up on the eyepost-106608-0-04742300-1325116197_thumb., side view;post-106608-0-02628000-1325116215_thumb.A view at the NW corner;post-106608-0-08750200-1325116451_thumb.

Here is a close up on the area between the eyes post-106608-0-26120600-1325116593_thumb. that the link above claims shows 2m sized block clusters. Looks like naturally eroded rock to me. Elsewhere in Cydonia we have the D&M pyramid post-106608-0-00134700-1325116790_thumb. which according to some is a perfectly shaped 5 sided pyramid. Seems you can't trust some people, can you? South elevation;post-106608-0-52038200-1325116917_thumb. West;post-106608-0-28581000-1325116940_thumb. North;post-106608-0-87533600-1325116978_thumb. Eastpost-106608-0-79153500-1325116997_thumb. Here is the so called 'city' in cydonia;post-106608-0-47039000-1325117056_thumb. Better photography than Viking gave us shows what most of us knew all along, Hoagland is full of it and there are no artifical structures on Mars. Would it be fantastic if there were? Yes, it would be, but in my own not so humble opinion, it is a criminal act to try to pass those blurry pictures off as any thing but natural geologic formations.

Edited by Gaden

Space exploration is not a waste of money at all. It is far better than spending money on war for instance. Today we might not benefit other than having our curiosities satisfied, but future generations will.