Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

We will become Nomads of the universe

space travel

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,765 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 08 April 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

When this planet runs out of resources or gets wiped out by an catastrophic event

we will conquer the universe and we will become nomads of the universe

we will travel in space stoping on different planets at different times of their orbit where we can survive.
I would probably agree for the majority of mankind (or whatever we'll be called then). After generations in space traveling here and there, we're bound to adapt to low gravity. So it seems likely that many would chose to remain in space (the only home they had ever known), rather then go down the gravity well to some hostile deadly planetary surface. Probably there will be a gigantic number of these space people and a much smaller number of planet people.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

I saw this full length cartoon once where this happened.

But really we as a species have to learn to cooperate and work towards a common good before anything such as that becomes realistic.

Edited by AsteroidX, 08 April 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,765 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 08 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I saw this full length cartoon once where this happened.
Titan AE?

Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thats the one DC. :tu:

#20    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 April 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

I love how you think the human species cant be taken out of the picture by ANYTHING :tu:

yes i based this on how we started off as species

we were nomads trying to survive no matter what ..

staying anywhere we could

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#21    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 April 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I would probably agree for the majority of mankind (or whatever we'll be called then). After generations in space traveling here and there, we're bound to adapt to low gravity. So it seems likely that many would chose to remain in space (the only home they had ever known), rather then go down the gravity well to some hostile deadly planetary surface. Probably there will be a gigantic number of these space people and a much smaller number of planet people.

idk space travel will be hard on humans

you prolly be sleep most of it
and then cruise around after you wake at your destination

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,765 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Low gravity is hard on humans, but mostly it is because we eventually have to come back. If people did not have to come back, the drawbacks would not be so very great. Short term this is an engineering issue, but long term it would be a biological issue.

But, you are right that even if we put out a ship with the very best technology we can come up with... cost be damned... it would still take 20 to 100 years to get to the nearest stars. It will happen, it just might not be soon.

#23    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I got you.

I don't think we will get off this planet though if soemthing bad happens soon. We should be doing more for space exploration instead of fighting each other. I would love to see a United International space program where we all work together and strive for our future.. That's my opinion.

This.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#24    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

i dont think so because technology is making more ppl more smarter
we will evolve to not be as violent and more smarter

like the golden age

we are confused and dont understand our self and the world we live in
Although technology has made us smarter in ways it's also made a lot of people extremely dependent on it.  So I see technology as a double edged sword

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 09 April 2013 - 02:09 AM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 09 April 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

Although technology has made us smarter in ways it's also made a lot of people extremely dependent on it.  So I see technology as a double edged sword
Personnally I think it has made us Dumber in a lot of ways. People have troubles remembering the freaking PIN number for 2 or 3 cards. When the ancient peoples with Oral traditions used to pass down entire Encyclopedias of knowledge by word of mouth alone.

The Bible was passed along orally for like 100 years and then when they found the Dead Sea Scrolls they found that much of it was accurately passed down.

The Druids and Irish Bards used to know hundreds or thousands of songs and ceremonys.

Today people need their phone to remember the numbers of their 10 closest friends.

#26    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 April 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Personnally I think it has made us Dumber in a lot of ways. People have troubles remembering the freaking PIN number for 2 or 3 cards. When the ancient peoples with Oral traditions used to pass down entire Encyclopedias of knowledge by word of mouth alone.

The Bible was passed along orally for like 100 years and then when they found the Dead Sea Scrolls they found that much of it was accurately passed down.

The Druids and Irish Bards used to know hundreds or thousands of songs and ceremonys.

Today people need their phone to remember the numbers of their 10 closest friends.
Yeah I highly agree, It seems like today when some technology is down like no cell phone signal people go ape ****

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#27    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,765 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 10 April 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Yeah I highly agree, It seems like today when some technology is down like no cell phone signal people go ape ****
I've actually dealt with people where I say...

Me: "OK, we have 8 of these here, and 8 over there and 21 in the warehouse and 13 more on order.... And, that equals 50."
Other Guy (OG): "How do you know that?"
Me: "What?"
OG: "How do you know it is 50? Did you figure that out ahead of time?"
Me: "No... I added...."
OG: "But, I did not see you calculating it."
Me: "I did it in my head."
OG: "Oh. I always use my phone to figure out that kind of thing."

OMG.... People need their phone to add 4 different numbers!! I've seen it over and over again.

Test: Ask someone what 13 times 13 is... It is not on the Elementary School table that people are forced to memorize so they will have to figure it out. The answer is 169 BTW. See if the person you ask has to write it down, or use a calculator... My vote is most want to use a calculator.

Edited by DieChecker, 10 April 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#28    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I've actually dealt with people where I say...

Me: "OK, we have 8 of these here, and 8 over there and 21 in the warehouse and 13 more on order.... And, that equals 50."
Other Guy (OG): "How do you know that?"
Me: "What?"
OG: "How do you know it is 50? Did you figure that out ahead of time?"
Me: "No... I added...."
OG: "But, I did not see you calculating it."
Me: "I did it in my head."
OG: "Oh. I always use my phone to figure out that kind of thing."

OMG.... People need their phone to add 4 different numbers!! I've seen it over and over again.

Test: Ask someone what 13 times 13 is... It is not on the Elementary School table that people are forced to memorize so they will have to figure it out. The answer is 169 BTW. See if the person you ask has to write it down, or use a calculator... My vote is most want to use a calculator.
lol yeah I think its just become so incredibly common these days for people to just look to there mechanical devices, and it also gives them a comfort level just knowing they have said device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users