Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stephen Fry: "only humans are homophobic"

stephen fry homophobic gay out4marriage

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#91    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Can you explain to me the relevance of this question as it applies to what I stated?

Because I was curious..I wanted to know if you felt it was a choice or not... ?    I tend to ask questions when I get curious, I picked it up as a kid.. sigh

As for the second question, again, it is no easier to fall in love with a member of the same sex than it is to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.                  

Just like I cannot  force myself to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex.. I find that impossible to do...     We cannot help who it is we feel attracted to.. We just feel it..  I was born straight.. just like those who are gay were born that way.. Many will not like being gay, and have tried dating the opposite sex, marrying them thinking it will make the gay go away.. Some killed themselves  thinking they were not normal  because society said so... Humans are cruel... and stupid

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#92    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostHasina, on 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'm in love with a girl, I wonder why it's so wrong to care about someone romantically that's the same gender as myself.
I'm in love with Left-Field. I want to hold him and be close to him everyday. How can something so wrong feel so right?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#93    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostBling, on 15 October 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Stating I'm an atheist is not against the rules.

And I never said it was. Stating my belief in God and responding to peoples questions pertaining to that belief is not against the rules either.

#94    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Because I was curious..I wanted to know if you felt it was a choice or not... ? I tend to ask questions when I get curious, I picked it up as a kid.. sigh

Just like I cannot  force myself to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex.. I find that impossible to do... We cannot help who it is we feel attracted to.. We just feel it..  I was born straight.. just like those who are gay were born that way.. Many will not like being gay, and have tried dating the opposite sex, marrying them thinking it will make the gay go away.. Some killed themselves  thinking they were not normal  because society said so... Humans are cruel... and stupid

I get gay when I drink. Not 'sexually attracted to men' gay, but 'people get so hilariously uncomfortable when I drunkenly hit on them' gay.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#95    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

I'm in love with Left-Field. I want to hold him and be close to him everyday. How can something so wrong feel so right?

:lol:

I'm finding myself strangely attracted also....I think I may be on the cusp of conversion

#96    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

How dare you try and steal my new boyfriend...He and I were to have fun in the darkness.. and here you are trying to snatch him from me..

I am taking you off my christmas card list for that bucko ...   Now you will be sorry   lol

:D

#97    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostBling, on 15 October 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

:lol:

I'm finding myself strangely attracted also....I think I may be on the cusp of conversion

You stay away! He doesn't want your lady bits!

#98    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Science cannot prove how everything around us came to be either. That being the case, do you believe that nothing is real?
At the moment, science can't, but it's constantly improving, and so is our understanding of the universe, little by little.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#99    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

It is, but no one here is preaching.

I am discussing my belief in God and responding to questions and comments posed to me. That is not against the rules anymore than you stating why you are an aetheist or Imaginarynumber1 stating his belief that the Bible is a book of jewish fairy tales.

You forgot to mention you are also judging others, telling them they live in darkness all because they didn't make the same choice as you did..  Naughty boy  lol

#100    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Naughty boy  lol

I think that's why I like him... ;)

#101    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I think that's why I like him... ;)

I like him too.. Such a conundrum !!

Are you going to fight me for him now?

#102    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

I like him too.. Such a conundrum !!

Are you going to fight me for him now?

It's on, you Irish hussie!

#103    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

You forgot to mention you are also judging others, telling them they live in darkness all because they didn't make the same choice as you did..  Naughty boy  lol

I am not judging others any differently than I judge myself.

Regarding sexuality, again, no one here has any idea what I regard my own sexuality to be.

Imaginarynumber1 (and you) seem to be having a laugh at my expense by mockingly stating his attraction towards me as if it somehow makes me uncomfortable, or as if I would curse or revolt against him for doing so. This is not the case, however.

I don't care to discuss my sexuality or what persons I find sexually attractive in an open forum, but based on the reactions some have given to me within this thread they'd likely be very surprised about what they'd find out were they to discuss such things with me in private.

I really don't understand the need some feel for mockery or their need to draw incorrect assumptions about me.

If anyone in this thread wants to know my personal dealings with and thoughts on homosexuality you are free to PM me about it. I'd appreciate if people would do that as opposed to making such false presumptions about me regarding the subject.

Edited by Left-Field, 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#104    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

It's on, you Irish hussie!

Shut up you tart..

#105    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Imaginarynumber1 seems to be having a laugh at my expense by mockingly stating his attraction towards me as if it somehow makes me uncomfortable, or as if i would curse or revolt against him for doing so. This is not the case, however.

It's no joke.

I LOVE you. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users