Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bin Laden---I'll bankrupt U.S.

Independent1

Read the full story here

Full Text of Bin Laden Tape Released

CAIRO, Egypt — Usama bin Laden vowed to bleed America to bankruptcy, according to a full transcript of unaired portions of a videotape released Monday by an Arab television station. The Al Qaeda leader's remarks appeared targeted to the final days of the U.S. presidential campaign in which the struggling economy is a major issue.

Bin Laden boasted in his first appearance in more than a year that for every $1 Al Qaeda has spent on terrorist strikes, it has cost the United States $1 million in economic fallout and military spending, including emergency funding for Iraq and Afghanistan.

"As for the size of the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers," bin Laden said, estimating the deficit at more than $1 trillion.

In reality, spending in the war against terror and other factors have resulted in an expected $377 billion shortfall for 2003 — the highest deficit since World War II accounting for inflation. The total U.S. national debt is near the $7.4 trillion statutory limit.

Bin Laden dwelled on Al Qaeda's economic strategy against the United States, according to the complete transcript of the 18-minute video that aired on Al-Jazeera and was obtained by U.S. intelligence. Al-Jazeera broadcast about 14 minutes of the video Friday and put the full English language transcript on its web site on Monday.

The terror mastermind whose Al Qaeda network carried out the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks credited the religiously inspired Arab volunteers that he fought with against the Soviets in Afghanistan with having "bled Russia for 10 years, until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat." He suggested the same strategy would work against the United States.

"So we are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy," a calm and forceful bin Laden said in the tape that appeared near the end of a U.S. campaign that has focused on the war on terror as well as the foundering U.S. economy.

Bin Laden, in rhetoric that seemed to echo critical campaign headlines in the United States, accused President Bush of going to war in oil-rich Iraq simply to create business for military contractors linked to his administration.

In his message aimed at American listeners, bin Laden claimed Al Qaeda was winning its war with the United States, and that contractors "like Halliburton and its kind" were also benefiting, while the losers were "the American people and their economy."

Interesting that Bin Laden is starting to quote democratic propoganda about the deficit and halliburton.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• kikuchiyo

• vimjams

• Babs

The terror mastermind whose Al Qaeda network carried out the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks credited the religiously inspired Arab volunteers that he fought with against the Soviets in Afghanistan with having "bled Russia for 10 years, until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat." He suggested the same strategy would work against the United States.

the dumbass thinks he was responsible for sending Russia bankrupt? bwahahahaha

Interesting how he doesn't credit the US of A for actually letting them beat the russians, those american weapons (most importantly Surface to Air Missiles) saved the Mujahadeen asses.

What a delusional idiot.

And yes i noticed his speech contains allot of Moore/Democrat talking points.

Osama Bin Laden? Media Ignores Absence of Proof

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=58357

You see...Some of you people are no different. You are shown 'something' and because it fits in with your current feelings you instantly take it as fact. But you don't really know.

Christopher Bollyn writes...

"The mainstream media has presented the latest video of what is said to be Osama bin Laden as if there were no doubt or suspicions about WHO it is in the video.

The only agency that claims to have checked the tape is the CIA, who is an active combatant in the "war on terror." That's like asking a boxer in the ring to referee the match he is in.

I asked the CIA about the latest video of some bearded guy who they say is Osama bin Laden: An "intelligence official" at the CIA named Anja told me that the agency had done a "technical assessment" of the tape. What this "assessment" included, Anja wouldn't say.

Asked if the assessment included voice verification technology, Anja would only say that the CIA "declined to be more specific."

The CIA has "a high degree of confidence" that it is OBL, and the President has "full confidence" in the CIA's assessment, according to a deputy spokesman working at the National Security Advisor's (Condoleezza Rice) office at the White House.

If the CIA actually used voice verification technology on the tape to determine that it was Osama bin Laden then why don't they tell us? Don't we deserve to know that the authenticity of the tape has been checked before it is presented to the American people as fact?

Why does the Associated Press (see Sun-Times article below), report that "The Bush administration said it believes the videotape is authentic..?"

I mean, don't these people know about voice verification technology? Or didn't they use it because they KNOW the tape is a hoax, because they made it?

And why has the media parroted these claims without even mentioning that there is a reasonable doubt that the image and voice in the tape belong to Osama bin Laden?

When I raised these questions with Michael Cooke, the British-born Editor-in-Chief of the Chicago Sun-Times, one of the 10 largest papers in the United States, he sounded like a typical Establishment gate-keeper/opinion-shaper: "I don't care," he said. "If it's a hoax then we've been hoaxed."

Here is my follow-up note to Michael Cooke of the Sun-Times:

TO: Michael Cooke, E-mail: mcooke@suntimes.com Editor-in-Chief, Chicago Sun-Times

RE: Sun-Times Coverage of Purported Osama bin Laden Video

DATE: November 1, 2004

Dear Mr. Cooke,

After speaking with you on the phone today, I am sending this note as a follow-up.

I am a correspondent with American Free Press, based on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.

The website for American Free Press is: http://www.americanfreepress.net/

I called you this afternoon to discuss how the Chicago Sun-Times presented the news about the latest videotape of what is said to be Osama bin Laden. Your headline on October 30, 2004 read: OSAMA MESSES WITH THE ELECTION

In the Sun-Times coverage of this video there was no mention of any doubt that the image and voice were truly those of Osama bin Laden. You seemed unaware of voice verification technology, which is at least 10 years old and widely used in the United States.

Halfway through the article by Maggie Michael [AP] in Cairo, Egypt, there is only one sentence that even addresses the authenticity of the video: "The Bush administration said it believes the videotape is authentic and that it was made recently, noting that bin Laden referred to 1,000 U.S. military deaths in Iraq which happened in early September."

I asked you, in light of the admissions by the New York Times and the Washington Post that they had "failed the American public" by not adequately questioning the flawed case for war made by the U.S. and British governments, and the faulty intelligence of those governments, if the Chicago Sun-Times didn't owe it to its readers to raise the question and mentionthat there is absolutely no proof that the voice and image in the video actually belong to Osama bin Laden?

"I don't care," you replied, adding, "If it's a hoax, we've been hoaxed. It has all the hallmarks of being Osama bin Laden."

When I asked you about your statement, "I don't care," you said that you were referring to my questions. Does that mean that you don't care if the mainstream media and intelligence have been terribly wrong about the "war on terror" in the past?

Are you saying it doesn't matter to you if your readers know that there is reasonable doubt that this is Osama bin Laden?

You said that it looked like Osama bin Laden to you and the paper because it had the "hallmarks" of Osama bin Laden. When I asked you what those hallmarks were, the only hallmark you mentioned was that it had been on television.

Lastly, you said that if I reported that you said, "I don't care," you'd come to Washington and "bite you on your ass."

I hope you don't really mean that. I'm based in Chicago.

Regards,

Christopher Bollyn

Michael Cooke, the British Editor in Chief of the Chicago Sun-Times said that he thought the man in this video is Osama bin Laden, because it had "all the hallmarks of being Osama bin Laden."

Asked what those "hallmarks" were, Cooke mentioned one: "It was on TV."

Then Cooke ran the headline: OSAMA MESSES WITH THE ELECTION, because he saw the video on TV.

How's that for controlled journalism in America?"

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Edited by vimjams

the dumbass thinks he was responsible for sending Russia bankrupt? bwahahahaha

Interesting how he doesn't credit the US of A for actually letting them beat the russians, those american weapons (most importantly Surface to Air Missiles) saved the Mujahadeen asses.

What a delusional idiot.

And yes i noticed his speech contains allot of Moore/Democrat talking points.

335795[/snapback]

The Soviet Afgan campaign was a part of their demise, but only a part.

Osama Bin Laden? Media Ignores Absence of Proof

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=58357

You see...Some of you people are no different. You are shown 'something' and because it fits in with your current feelings you instantly take it as fact. But you don't really know.

Christopher Bollyn writes...

"The mainstream media has presented the latest video of what is said to be Osama bin Laden as if there were no doubt or suspicions about WHO it is in the video.

335879[/snapback]

Another wild conspiracy theory.

Independent1...Something of yours I found in another thread

In fact, iread somewhere that for radical muslims, when a boy comes of age he is supposed to beat up his mom to prove his manhood.

I'll take no lessons in 'conspiracy theories' from a guy who reads this as 'fact' and repeats this kind of sh***. where did you read that...Your local 'Brownshirt Times'

Facist weekly or the KKK fact sheet?

Jeez...I did mention that stuff about believing anything so long as it fits...didn't I?

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Edited by vimjams

Jeez...I did mention that stuff about believing anything so long as it fits...didn't I?

Yes. And you have proven that it applies to you quite well...

...my sentiments exactly Stellar. The only thing I see in your article, vimjims, is someone getting the news out. News is news, whether it be proven a hoax down the road......or not.

I think Bin Laden is trying to break us because that is the only way he can break us_ in the economy department. I think we better be careful with our resources or we will end up in the terrorists' hip-pocket.

That's why more countries should help us, this is, after all, a global undertaking. We are bringing safety to the world.

I think Bin Laden is trying to break us because that is the only way he can break us_ in the economy department. I think we better be careful with our resources or we will end up in the terrorists' hip-pocket.

what do u mean by careful and watching your resources??

Not invading countries in illegal invasions???

That's why more countries should help us, this is, after all, a global undertaking. We are bringing safety to the world.

Oh so the rest of the world exists does it??

YOu need the french, the germans and the russians etc now..

But i thought america only needed "new europe" countries with such decorated militaries as Poland , Hungary and Latvia lol...

Oh how the tune is changing.

Once agian I am forced to repeat myself, after George W. Bush wins this election we can stop being so politically correct and take the gloves off and go get this loser. Up until now the politically correct crowd has tried to handcuff this war, Kerry's remarks about passing a world test before we react to terrorist activities are but one example. If John Kerry had his way we would not make a move without U.N. approval. I firmly believe Bin Laden is a loser and will be caught if and when the liberals step back and let the warriors fight the war. Stop being so "namby, pamby".

what do u mean by this statement "when the gloves come of"?

Im really intruiged.

Does this mean massive attacks on sovereign states and to hell with their civilian populations (becuase obv their lives arent worth the same as ours), much like al queada's attack on 9/11?

If so where is the difference between them and us???????

what do u mean by this statement "when the gloves come of"?

I would think the answer is painfully obvious, what I mean is the end of political correctness.

There is no difference between them and us, but I am reminded of an old saying, "you can't make an omlet without breaking eggs"

YES! twp. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I have always said other countries should help us, wun. rolleyes.gif

It's true, the liberals tie our hands and drag us down in this country. We are spinning our wheels and getting into deeper danger with the liberals pulling on our coat-tails. It's kinda hard to fight when you have to pass a global test first. grin2.gif

*GET THE HAWKS BACK IN* original.gif

Babs

I see we can agree on some things right.

I would think the answer is painfully obvious, what I mean is the end of political correctness.

There is no difference between them and us, but I am reminded of an old saying, "you can't make an omlet without breaking eggs"

Oh yeah cos thats a similar analogy.

So then by that same logic the people or relatives of the murdered civilians in the countrys you wan to turn to ash have EVERY right to commit another 9/11 on american soil.

I CANT BELEIVE THIS STUFF

really why do so many americans think like this??????????????

So babs why dont you just kick every one out that doesnt agree with you eh??

Better yet use twdyp's twisted logic and gas them while your at it

Then youll be right up their with nazi germany. thumbsup.gif

And scissor...where the hell does 'idealism' come into war? You are always spouting off about," How can we do these things?...

how could Al Qaeda do these things? blink.gif

Well, how could Al Qaeda execute 911? disgust.gif

wun wrote:

If so where is the difference between them and us?????

Is this an idealistic contest you are running here? If you have to worry about being 'better' than our enemy, we are sure to fall back in this war.

Get real.

this is actually painful to read you two.

Do u realise how illeducated these comments are?

Do u realise that attitude is EXACTLY what caused 9/11?

It is exactly 30 years of foreign policy by people who come away with analogys like the one above that made decisions which killed people in other nations, who then went on to become the al zrqwi's an bin ladens of this world.

No you dont and becuase of his the cycle will continue.

Is this an idealistic contest you are running here? If you have to worry about being 'better' than our enemy, we are sure to fall back in this war.

Oh yeah very reminiscent of germany's "FINAL SOLUTION".

you know what that is babs eh?

Nazi germany never let ideals get in the road of a good old fashioned gassing did they??

IDEALS ARE EVERYTHING!!!

Jesus it gets worse and worse.

These people decide who is to be the most powerful man on earth......

Interesting, wun. Could you elaborate?

What about extremist 'Islamic ideals'? That's what got us into this. You are right about ideals.

Edited by Babs

Do u realise how illeducated these comments are?

Do u realise that attitude is EXACTLY what caused 9/11?

No I disagree, it is the ohhh lets not upset the terrorist attitude that allowed the events of 9/11 to happen. It was William Jefferson Clinton not taking Bin Laden when the opportunity presented itself. It was this country always trying to be so damn politically correct and the worlds big brother. I for one have grown tired of worrying about how the rest of the world sees us. We are the most powerful nation on earth why do we have to behave like a little kid who is afraid of the class bully? I say step up and be bold if we must be the worlds big brother then lets be a strong big brother. If we are to take the role of big brother and our little brothers need to be defended, why do the little brothers worry so about how we go about defending them. The U.N. could nor would do nothing about terrorism but turn a blind eye and pass some more useless resolutions. Where I am from there is a saying" Cowboy Up" It means step up and make a stand. Well for the first time in a long time we are stepping up and making a stand, Bin Laden has neither the power nor the might to make us even hesitate in our pursuit of justice.

All the Osama bin Ladens of the world are doing is creating more Osama haters. With every innocent civilian they capture and behead, the sons, the wives/husbands, parents, friends... they all now want to go kill Osama Bin Ladens around the world. It's a vicious cycle that never ends unless the Osama Bin Ladens of the world stop the cycle of violence.

Oh wait, forgot to blame America first again...

I am not surprised by their sentiments at all wunarmdscissor...These people don't have a clue really, they have just spouted out and revealed the very attitude which the rest of the world has been so concerned about...A violent country, with a violent people and a violent past to live up to.

The fact that they simply assume their military might is going to somehow 'do the job' is going to be their biggest mistake...one of many mistakes I may add.

Bush hasn't even won yet and all ready these worms are crawling out of the woodwork warning the rest of us and the world to 'watch out'!

There are two kinds of Americans...One of them sees the world as a community of people regardless of race creed and religion...The other kind are here in this forum...spitting out their hatred and venom.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

The other kind are here in this forum...spitting out their hatred and venom.

I didnt know you're american!

You know I'm not...But I think you really wish and dream you were.

And trying to be clever Stellar you have actually gone and endorsed the sentence I wrote

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Edited by vimjams

Read somewhere they're going to target the 'red' states. Texas I'm sure will be high on the list. Will laugh when they still are found plotting in blue states.

Wonder how many terrorist related people voted here, and who they voted for.