Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead prawns litter Chile coastline

Saru

Authorities have been left baffled by thousands of dead prawns that have washed up in Chile.

Thousands of dead prawns have washed up on Chile's coastline leaving authorities confused about what could have killed them. The chief investigator said police were compiling as much evidence as possible to determine what killed the vast number of crustaceans off Concepcion province.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I was unsure what to have for dinner tonight, I think it will be Chile Prawns now... ;)

Seriously though, another mass death of marine life washing up on the beach. I wonder if they will get to the bottom of this one and let us know if man caused this or if its the result of a natural occurrence.

Edited by Junior Chubb

It could be linked to the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster

• Like 2

Well its better than thousands of dead pigs littering up your riverbank.

• Like 1

Its getting where you hear about stuff like this constantly. I have a feeling there is more than one culprit involved. Pollution from oil rigs, trash, radiation, global warming, disease.

More likely these things get reported worldwide where they use to be just a local item.

Still wonder if this is toxic levels of CO2 or other gases vented from undersea volcanic activity; this area is part of the "ring of fire".

It is very odd so many unrelated types of animals have died in this area.

• Like 1

I recall similar incidents happening in Hawaii when I was a kid, it would be only one species of fish washed up on the shore dead. One time it was baby hammerhead sharks at Kualoa beach. I wanted to take one home but my mother would not let me. lol

that is just sad and horrible people.i believe the problem is humanity in the following sense ans ways.first of all humanity is destroying the planet and the environment!how?well let's start with pollution on the oceans,lakes and sea.by throwing garbage,oil,these chemicals that fall from the sky by man made chem trials that these airplanes leave when they fly.the government knows this and does it on purpose.2)humanity does not do enough and in in my opinion just sits on the side line and watches.all it takes for evil to win is for good people and good to do nothing!!!i don't buy this is a natural cause.mother nature does not do this its man and some of humanity.my question is for humanity how much longer are we going to destroy the planet and this beautiful world we live in???when its too late and when it reaches the point that it is irreversible???

'thousands' of prawns isn't a catastrophy, it's less than a dumping of a single trawler net.

this is scaremongering masquerading as news.

where's the human angle on this, where the prawns were boiled up to feed the homeless....?

shame on you sky, for letting a story go to waste like so many prawns washed up on a beach.....

;-)

Well its better than thousands of dead pigs littering up your riverbank.

no frank, it isn't.

pigs are magical creatures. you can eat every part of them, and they're all delicious.

thousands of dead pigs=thousands of people fed.

thousands of dead prawns=a couple of gumbos.

(apologies if you're hindu dude!!)

no frank, it isn't.

pigs are magical creatures. you can eat every part of them, and they're all delicious.

thousands of dead pigs=thousands of people fed.

thousands of dead prawns=a couple of gumbos.

(apologies if you're hindu dude!!)

You obviously didn't see the photos of all the dead pigs on the river bank . Oozing fluids from them have turned the drinking water pink.

Between the smog ,red water and dead rotting pig carcasses,China is ground zero for apocalyptic prophecies coming true .

• Like 1

Getting my BBQ ready and off for Chile!

Chile is not a bad place to visit; really spectacular scenery. I would leave off eating what you find on the beach tho.

All these folk thinking dead pigs or prawns washed up on the beach are an opportunity for a feed - good luck with that, something killed them critters in an untimely fashion. Just saying. :whistle:

I'm pretty sure it's in jest :innocent:

Shrimp die all the time; so do pigs, although they usually live a little longer if we let them.