Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can I develop my abilities further?

cybills_double

To the lovely people on this forum who do embrace their gifts, how can I continue to develop mine? I have had experiences showing that I may be a medium, but I often struggle with differing what I'm getting versus what could be my own thoughts. I often times don't want to say anything for fear of being wrong. The first time I spoke up, i was validated and it encouraged me to speak up the second, and then third time. I haven't opened up since. Any thoughts and suggestions are very welcome!

Dear cybills_double-

if you are looking into mediumship you probably should find a local group you can meet with on a regular basis.

It is important you have experienced people around you who can monitor who is entering your energy field.

They also will help you in learning letting the information just flow and add questions that will challange you to keep on going with what you hear and see and not surpress due to your doubts.

Check into spiritual/unity churches, google for local meet up's or go to a metaphysical bookstore - they always have contact informations etc.

I do not suggest this kind of development through the internet and by yourself.

Good Luck to you on this wonderful journey.

Love, Blessings & Light

Yes, I know doing it over the internet is tough... I haven't found anything in my area yet, but my search has not yet ended!

Yes, I know doing it over the internet is tough... I haven't found anything in my area yet, but my search has not yet ended!

I am involved with one on one efforts doing telepathy sessions several times a week. Mediums and channels are using telepathy even if they call it something else.

If you would like to learn more about this, please send me a pm and I will answer your questions.

Thanks,

John

When I first started doing this I asked friends & family to let me read them, as a favor to me, and to give me feedback after. That was very helpful. I also kept a journal and made notes about each reading, including questions I had, and did a lot of reading around the subject. At some point, you have to decide whether to trust or not, and feedback & study will give you some information that will help you decide. I also recommend examining your reasons and intention for doing this.

• Like 1

I don't have much family and friends around so that is bit difficult too. They are mostly long distance and it seems as if I'm better at understanding the messages I receive if there person is there with me. My intentions- to help others and help them find solace through difficult times. For instance- just recently my grandmother was hospitalized and they had a difficult time stabilizing her. They didn't expect her to make it. Prior to her hospitalization, my brother was working on getting her the one thing she wanted before she passed and the thought that he did not and may not have the chance to do that for her was tough for him to handle. While she came and went, I was able to connect with her and relaying that message to my brother seemed to have given him some comfort.