Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US could end support for Israel at the U.N

Occult1

Breaking News:

''Washington (CNN)The Obama administration's frustration with Benjamin Netanyahu is turning into outright hostility after the Israeli prime minister's commanding victory this week.

Administration officials greeted his win with harsh words Wednesday and suggestions that the U.S. might scale back its support for Israel at the United Nations, a significant reversal in policy after years of vetoing resolutions damaging to Jerusalem.''

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2...lections-obama/

I am not sure if I should have posted this in the United States And Americas section or here in Middle-East but to the mods: feel free to move this thread if it is best fitted elsewhere.

It seems that the Obama administration has finally lost patience and is now reconsidering his democatric support for Israel. Who will scramble to pick up the pieces is hard to say, but Netanyahu might have to backtrack on his electoral promise.

Edited by samus

Breaking News:

''Washington (CNN)The Obama administration's frustration with Benjamin Netanyahu is turning into outright hostility after the Israeli prime minister's commanding victory this week.

Administration officials greeted his win with harsh words Wednesday and suggestions that the U.S. might scale back its support for Israel at the United Nations, a significant reversal in policy after years of vetoing resolutions damaging to Jerusalem.''

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2...lections-obama/

I am not sure if I should have posted this in the United States And Americas section or here in Middle-East but to the mods: feel free to move this thread if it is best fitted elsewhere.

It seems that the Obama administration has finally lost patience and is now reconsidering his democatric support for Israel. Who will scramble to pick up the pieces is hard to say, but Netanyahu might have to backtrack on his electoral promise.

If he's as bad as so many think then he probably WILL flip flop. If he does I will lose some respect for him though. Hopefully he will explain himself in a way that does not damage his standing with those who voted for him. His reasoning is important and for those who support Israel, it is completely understandable. He refuses to make peace and offer a state to the Palestinians because they are MORTAL enemies who refuse to stop teaching their children to hate Israel and who regularly try to kill Israelis. Only in some other dimension of reality does it make sense for him to do anything OTHER than what he stated. Of course the Palisymps reject such a statement and lay all blame for the problem with Israel, hence the problem. Anyone who rigidly blames one side for any conflict is usually wrong. BTW "Palisymps" isn't meant to be a pejorative. It's simply a contraction of Palestinian sympathizers.

eta: I fully expect Obama to sever all but the most crucial ties with Israel as a way of punishing Netanyahu. It's just another example of the lowly bearing of this man child we elected as our leader...TWICE... A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND LONG.

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

Breaking news:

"Netanyahu backs off from pre-election stance ruling out Palestinian state:

Binyamin Netanyahu has attempted to row back on his declaration that he would not allow the creation of a Palestinian state, amid mounting international criticism of comments made before his decisive election victory on Tuesday.

In his first interview since the vote, Netanyahu said: “I don’t want a one-state solution. I want a sustainable, peaceful two-state solution. But for that, circumstances have to change.”

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/19/binyamin-netanyahu-israel-palestine-two-state-solution

Wow, that didn't take long

• Like 5

If he's as bad as so many think then he probably WILL flip flop. If he does I will lose some respect for him though. Hopefully he will explain himself in a way that does not damage his standing with those who voted for him. His reasoning is important and for those who support Israel, it is completely understandable. He refuses to make peace and offer a state to the Palestinians because they are MORTAL enemies who refuse to stop teaching their children to hate Israel and who regularly try to kill Israelis. Only in some other dimension of reality does it make sense for him to do anything OTHER than what he stated. Of course the Palisymps reject such a statement and lay all blame for the problem with Israel, hence the problem. Anyone who rigidly blames one side for any conflict is usually wrong. BTW "Palisymps" isn't meant to be a pejorative. It's simply a contraction of Palestinian sympathizers.

eta: I fully expect Obama to sever all but the most crucial ties with Israel as a way of punishing Netanyahu. It's just another example of the lowly bearing of this man child we elected as our leader...TWICE... A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND LONG.

Did obama kick your dog or something? You seem to take it so personally

• Like 1

Breaking news:

Binyamin Netanyahu has attempted to row back on his declaration that he would not allow the creation of a Palestinian state, amid mounting international criticism of comments made before his decisive election victory on Tuesday.

In his first interview since the vote, Netanyahu said: “I don’t want a one-state solution. I want a sustainable, peaceful two-state solution. But for that, circumstances have to change.”

Source: http://www.theguardi...-state-solution

Looks like Obama is going to get the last laugh

Breaking news:

Source: http://www.theguardi...-state-solution

Wow indeed. Either his electoral promise was an empty one made in a desperate time or Bibi is bluffing again, meaning that he has actually no intention to backtrack and this turnover is but an attempt to appease his allies who really are at the end of the tether. Edited by samus

Wow indeed. Either his electoral promise was an empty promise made in a desperate time or Bibi is bluffing again, meaning that he has actually no intention to backtrack and his turnover his only made in anttempt to appease his allies at the end of their theters with this situation.

He did say, "...But for that, circumstances have to change."

He's a politician.

• Like 2

What choice do we have? You cannot call them a credible partner anymore.

Perhaps a good spanking isn't such a bad idea.

They should just rename all the politic related boards "We hate Obama" and be done with it.

Obama is pouting because despite his best efforts the elections in Israel didn't go his way. He complained that Netanyahu was using his speech in America to influence Israel's elections while he had his crew working in Israel for the liberal opposition. 2 days too late he congratulates Netanyahu on his victory and at the same time undermines him by going to the (gag) UN. After watching Bibi's speech I was reminded of where our interests must lie for so many reasons and thank God that the USA and Israel only have to endure the foreign policy nightmare that is Obama for a couple of more years and have the people in position to weather that storm. F the UN.

• Like 3

Obama is pouting because despite his best efforts the elections in Israel didn't go his way. He complained that Netanyahu was using his speech in America to influence Israel's elections while he had his crew working in Israel for the liberal opposition. 2 days too late he congratulates Netanyahu on his victory and at the same time undermines him by going to the (gag) UN. After watching Bibi's speech I was reminded of where our interests must lie for so many reasons and thank God that the USA and Israel only have to endure the foreign policy nightmare that is Obama for a couple of more years and have the people in position to weather that storm. F the UN.

Is that the same UN and its precursor that helped bring about israel in the first place?

• Like 2

Is that the same UN and its precursor that helped bring about israel in the first place?

LOL! Just can't win.

On nearly a daily basis I hear someone say the only solution is to nuke the entire middle east until every square inch is glass. I hear it so often that I would hate to put it to a vote where every person outside the ME gets counted.

• Like 2

Well the UN does serve at least some purpose. All delusions of it's power aside, it gives countries a place to talk and make their voices heard. Big mistakes can be made if dialogue wasn't possible.

Edited by Wickian
  • Like 4

This man has thrown out the rules , traditions and even the constitution during his time in office. He has used the cowardice of the congress to take powers that presidents do not actually have. He will be gone in 22 months but the precedent he has introduced will plague this country for decades. Presidents never give up powers. That may seem a good thing for those who support him now but just imagine if someone like Lindsey Graham or John McCain was in that office. He has been a disaster for this country and he cannot be gone soon enough to please me.

This man has thrown out the rules , traditions and even the constitution during his time in office. He has used the cowardice of the congress to take powers that presidents do not actually have. He will be gone in 22 months but the precedent he has introduced will plague this country for decades. Presidents never give up powers. That may seem a good thing for those who support him now but just imagine if someone like Lindsey Graham or John McCain was in that office. He has been a disaster for this country and he cannot be gone soon enough to please me.

Yeah it would been a whole lot worse with mccain in office, the traitor. You make him sound like his predecessor. He might seem like a disaster to republicans but he is a damn sight better then little georgie was.

• Like 2

"but hey, I still respect him enough to lose respect for him for whatever the hell he's doing now."

Mr. Veto will always be there for Israel.

Mr. Veto will always be there for Israel.

There is a shift coming in this country SSAL. It won't be instantaneous but it's coming. Israel is going to be left to survive on it's on one day not so far off and the world is going to be really shocked (again) to see them do just that -survive against all odds. It happens over and over yet people still scoff at the idea that they are a unique people who were chosen for a purpose. I don't believe a Jew is better than any other person on earth, not one. I believe they are just the same as everyone else - the difference is that they are a symbol of the Creator in his dealings with mankind. People mostly lash out against anything that tells them they are not in full control of their own life, kind of like how 2 year olds act. So it's only natural that if God says THESE (Jews) are HIS choice, then by damn we're going to show him and HATE them! And many of these same Jews make the problem worse because they have predictably taken God's word and used it to tell everyone else that THEY are superior thus increasing the hatred. But in the last days of this age of human control of earth God is going to use the hatred against his chosen to prove his own existence when he intercedes for them. I don't think it's going to be an encouraging thing for most who hate Israel but it will at least instill respect for God among those who scoff.

There is a shift coming in this country SSAL. It won't be instantaneous but it's coming. Israel is going to be left to survive on it's on one day not so far off and the world is going to be really shocked (again) to see them do just that -survive against all odds. It happens over and over yet people still scoff at the idea that they are a unique people who were chosen for a purpose. I don't believe a Jew is better than any other person on earth, not one. I believe they are just the same as everyone else - the difference is that they are a symbol of the Creator in his dealings with mankind. People mostly lash out against anything that tells them they are not in full control of their own life, kind of like how 2 year olds act. So it's only natural that if God says THESE (Jews) are HIS choice, then by damn we're going to show him and HATE them! And many of these same Jews make the problem worse because they have predictably taken God's word and used it to tell everyone else that THEY are superior thus increasing the hatred. But in the last days of this age of human control of earth God is going to use the hatred against his chosen to prove his own existence when he intercedes for them. I don't think it's going to be an encouraging thing for most who hate Israel but it will at least instill respect for God among those who scoff.

I respect your belief my friend but religion should not influence the world and the lives of many. There are so many paradoxes about religions that should make us look other way but have belief as something for personal satisfaction and kind of source for calmness in our lives.

I still think that support won't be denied to Israel, America will be always there as it's almost a rule and custom, hey - a way of life. Agreement between Israel and Palestine will be a foundation, most important building block for worlds peace and we should all strive to achieve that.

If, by any chance, what you saying would come close to reality ( Israel being left alone with many who try do destroy it and its people ) then, as much as i support Palestine side - i would not regret sacrificing, in a way, something of myself to help Israel in such situation ( but without harming Palestine of course ). Everyone sane should help because sins of the past, or sins of present, committed because of politics - must not be a reason for millions to suffer and everyone has right to live and have a country.

Israel got what it has now but should give some of that fortune to those who lost it for Israel to succeed. When it comes to giving and for Palestine to legally gain something, there, mentioned, evil Mr. Veto :) has last word.

Don't worry, America is there and IDF has means to protect it self.

• Like 3

"Leaked" today:

Jerusalem at boiling point of polarisation and violence – EU report

Exclusive: Leaked report says city more divided than at any time since 1967 and calls for consideration of tougher sanctions over settlement building

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/20/jerusalem-at-boiling-point-of-polarisation-and-violence-eu-report

No bad idea.

• Like 3

"Leaked" today:

Jerusalem at boiling point of polarisation and violence – EU report

Exclusive: Leaked report says city more divided than at any time since 1967 and calls for consideration of tougher sanctions over settlement building

http://www.theguardi...lence-eu-report

No bad idea.

Netanyahu has been deceiving the International community for the last decade, pretending to negotiate in good faith when he actually had no intention to ever allow for a two-state solution while keeping building Jewish settlements in East-Jerusalem despite his claims of the contrary.

In desperation to get reelected he spitted it all out confirming what the US and the EU had suspected all along. It is pure hypocrisy on his part.

Now we can safely say that the Obama administration is not the only one considering punitive measures.

Edited by samus
  • Like 2

Netanyahu has been deceiving the International community for the last decade, pretending to negotiate in good faith when he actually had no intention to ever allow for a two-state solution while keeping building Jewish settlements in East-Jerusalem despite his pretending the contrary.

In desperation to get relected he spitted it all out confirming what the US and the EU had suspected all along. It is pure hypocrisy on his part.

When does he ever tell the truth though? For the last 20 years or so he has been saying Iran is 6 months away from a bomb

• Like 3

Ahhh... but he never specified which six months ! :P

Iran doesn't NEED the ability or infrastructure to enrich uranium just to have nuclear power. That is just a fact. The enrichment facilities were hidden deep underground in fortified bunkers. If you believe Iran has a right to such weapons then that is your right but to keep acting as though they aren't in the process of acquiring them is disingenuous at best. If Obama's deal is struck and Israel has been thrown under the bus by Obama and the UN then it wouldn't surprise me if Bibi let the IAF go medieval on the mullah's sandbox. At that point what else would they have to lose?