Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi Arabia in the Fight?

and-then

I was just wondering how the scenario might unfold if S.A. is truly threatened. Their military is very well supplied but no one is sure of their level of training. If a serious inroad is made by the Houthis in response to the air campaign, will the US send in the troops?

I was just wondering how the scenario might unfold if S.A. is truly threatened. Their military is very well supplied but no one is sure of their level of training. If a serious inroad is made by the Houthis in response to the air campaign, will the US send in the troops?

Well, they've sent in their warships

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The two warships, the USS Iwo Jima and the USS Fort McHenry, are on standby in the Red Sea and are ready to respond to the rebel uprising in Yemen, according to the US Defense Department.

“US Warships Ready to Respond in Yemen,” the US Central Command said on its official Twitter account.

http://sputniknews.c...l#ixzz3VXlw6nMO

Then of course this was previously said... how reliable the stories I cant say

Vladimir Putin is preparing the Russian military for a state of war. In a strongly worded message to the US and its Western allies, Putin declared ‘Saudi Arabia will be utterly destroyed and annihilated’ by Russia’s military if the US or any other Western nation so much as fires one missile at Syria.

Putin’s hardline stance against Western expansion may be the first open sign of Cold-War era tension between the West and the formerly communist Soviet Union since the late 1980s.

A Russian invasion of Saudi Arabia would not only spark a global war, but also give Russia key control of the world’s oil supply. With its vast resources and a nearly unlimited supply of oil for the next 100 years, Russia could potentially become the dominant global superpower.

http://topekasnews.c...-attacks-syria/

Which was taken from this source

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/08/putin-orders-massive-strike-against-saudi-arabia-if-west-attacks-syria/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

The media has reported for the past few months that the socalled ISIS has been carrying out suicide bombings on Houthi targets. And now Saudi Arabia is bombing Houthi targets as well? ???? And many, up to 10 other nations, in the region have apparently decided to help SA in this invasion of Yemen. What! !?!? Why havent these nations stepped up to the plate in Iraq? And why is SA helping ISIS in Yemen????

WTF is going on? This is so ****ed up beyond the imagination.

• Like 6

Took the words right outta my mouth :tu:

Im not given to doom and gloom ordinarily...but this is really, REALLY.. ****ed up

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

I think we should just erect a 300 foot by 200 foot thick wall around the middle east. Let no one in or out. If they want self destruction let'em have it.

1000px-Karanese-ANIME.png

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

Took the words right outta my mouth :tu:

Im not given to doom and gloom ordinarily...but this is really, REALLY.. ****ed up

It makes zero sense... given what were told about ISIS.

My gov here in Canada debated all day on the govs decision to go fight ISIS in Syria. Yet if Im to believe ISIS is the threat there in Syria and Iraq WTF is Saudi Arabia et al helping ISIS in Yemen all of a sudden? ???

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

The media has reported for the past few months that the socalled ISIS has been carrying out suicide bombings on Houthi targets. And now Saudi Arabia is bombing Houthi targets as well? ???? And many, up to 10 other nations, in the region have apparently decided to help SA in this invasion of Yemen. What! !?!? Why havent these nations stepped up to the plate in Iraq? And why is SA helping ISIS in Yemen????

Since when is SA helping ISIS? Source please. They kill Suni's too. I agree they need to step up to the plate in Iraq which Jordan has. Turkey on the other hand are afraid they'll do anything.

This story just says bombing the rebels

As Saudi Arabia began pounding the rebels with airstrikes, countries from the Middle East to Pakistan were said to be prepared to commit troops for a ground assault.

The US was providing “logistical and intelligence support” to the Saudi-led forces attacking the rebels, the White House announced. Meanwhile the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya news channel said the kingdom had lined up 150,000 soldiers in preparation for a ground offensive, with Egypt, Pakistan, Jordan and Sudan also ready to commit troops.

In a sign of the broadening scope of Barack Obama’s intervention across the region, officials in Washington said the US was establishing a “joint planning cell” with Saudi Arabia to co-ordinate the air strikes on the Houthi forces seeking to overthrow the Yemeni government.

Al Arabiya also said planes from Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain were taking part in the operation.

Unidentified warplanes had earlier launched air strikes on the main airport in the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, and its al-Dulaimi military airbase, residents said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/26/saudi-arabia-begins-airstrikes-against-houthi-in-yemen

The 2015 Sana'a mosque bombings were foursuicide attacks on 20 March 2015 in Sana'a.[1][5] The al-Badr and al-Hashoosh mosques came under suicide attack during midday prayers.[6] The blasts killed 142 people and wounded more than 351, making it the deadliest terrorist attack in Yemen's history.[7][8][9] One suicide bomber blew up outside the gate of al-Badr mosque when he was caught by militia guards, and the second detonated his device among fleeing people inside the mosque. Another pair of bombers blew up at Al-Hashahush mosque.[10][11]

The targeted mosques are linked to theHouthis, a group of the Zaidiyyah sect of Shia Islam. The Houthis deposed the Yemeni government earlier in 2015 after they took control of Sana'a the previous year.[12]

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claimed responsibility for the attack.[4] Bruce Riedel of the Brookings Institute, however, believes it was more likely carried out by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP).[13]AQAP denied this, citing instructions fromAyman al-Zawahiri to not attack mosques or markets. If ISIL was responsible, these would be the first attacks it has carried out in Yemen.[14]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Sana%27a_mosque_bombings

Posting from an android phone. Copying and pasting is a b****.

The Houthis are being called the rebels. They control the GOV . Yet theyre being targeted by ISIS. Saudi Arabia is bombing the rebels... Houthis.

The Houthis are being called the rebels. They control the GOV . Yet theyre being targeted by ISIS. Saudi Arabia is bombing the rebels... Houthis.

You try to make it sound simple, but it's even a bigger cluster fark than you can imagine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houthis

Wait a second, are you confusing the Wahhabi's with the Houthi's?

I don't know either but I assume it's about Sunni vs Shia loyalties primarily. Or maybe it's Arab vs Persian power struggle.
  • Like 2

The prez, Salel, who was removed at the end of the arab spring is back. The one who took over after the spring revolt, Hadi, , who was friendly to the americans (drone strikes on AQIP) has been removed and is supposedly in Egypt. The Houthis who are said to be backed financially from Iran are now the largest driving politial force in the country.

• Like 1

Saudi money is behind most of the unrest in the Middle East.

• Like 6

True, that is, but what is the end purpose for causing it in the first place?

snapback.pngspud the mackem, on 27 March 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

True, that is, but what is the end purpose for causing it in the first place?

No. You are both wrong. Saudi money has nothing to do with the unrest in the middle east. Iran has to do with unrest in the Middle East. Pure and simple.

Maybe you aren't sure...let me assure you Saudi Military is well trained...America trained them...we trained their Fighter Pilots...we trained their soldiers. Just sayin.

No. You are both wrong. Saudi money has nothing to do with the unrest in the middle east. Iran has to do with unrest in the Middle East. Pure and simple.

Wow who would of guessed you would of blamed iran, im surprised it wasnt russia or china or the communist and liberals living under your bed. :rolleyes:

Repeating the same BS and lies over and over doesnt make them the truth. Go read a book.

Edited by Degen

Wow who would of guessed you would of blamed iran, im surprised it wasnt russia or china or the communist and liberals living under your bed. :rolleyes:

Repeating the same BS and lies over and over doesnt make them the truth. Go read a book.

I don't have time to read a book. I'm too busy working my ass off paying for the endless parade of n'er do wells that the Obama Administration has added to the Welfare and Food Stamp list.

And ...repeating lies over and over and over and over...is all the Left does....something else you people do is Mirror...whatever it is that you are...you call everyone else that and deny it is your own reflection that you are addressing. Maybe you should go read a book...on psychology.

I don't know either but I assume it's about Sunni vs Shia loyalties primarily. Or maybe it's Arab vs Persian power struggle.

I laughed when I saw the title if this thread, but I think you are starting to put the pieces together nicely.

• Like 1