Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curiosity rover photographs anomalies on Mars

chimaybliss

Could it really be possible that Mars once had life on it? Although numerous theories and questionable evidence has indicated that the answer could be yes, there really has been no conclusive proof to date that Mars ever had life originate on the planet. NASA’S most recent rover mission (Curiosity) is aiming to prove once and for all, if the red planet could have had the conditions favorable for life to develop at any time in its past. So far, the results are not conclusive one way or the other, but some intriguing images have come back that are making researchers question exactly what Curiosity has found.

Check out some of the most intriguing images here: http://goo.gl/FYyhH

• Like 1

some intriguing images have come back that are making researchers question exactly what Curiosity has found.

Check out some of the most intriguing images here: http://goo.gl/FYyhH

Researchers? That's a very grand title for people on the Internet looking at rocks on Mars and going "look, it's a finger/gerbil/birdman!"

Seriously, those are rocks.

And the photo of the 2 supposed UFOs in the sky has been shown to be dead pixels.

• Like 2

Lots of things look like other things - especially when you REALLY, REALLY want them to. Come on. Are there seriously people with nothing better to do than to pore over images like this being sent back, desperately trying to see something, ANYTHING that will support the beliefs they already hold that Mars once harbored (or still is harboring) life? Egads.

• Like 2

A human finger, a guiney pig and a sandal. (excuse me while i just wipe the tears from my eyes)

Anyway:

I find it interesting that they have managed to stay in such good shape.

Any chance of finding the other sandal, 1 is no good on its own, what size is it and is it leather?

• Like 1

A human finger, a guiney pig and a sandal. (excuse me while i just wipe the tears from my eyes)

Anyway:

I find it interesting that they have managed to stay in such good shape.

Any chance of finding the other sandal, 1 is no good on its own, what size is it and is it leather?

Ever notice how you find only one shoe on the road? Or missing one sock from the dryer?

It's some kind of darn cosmic conspiracy I tell ya. :passifier:

• Like 3

Ever notice how you find only one shoe on the road? Or missing one sock from the dryer?

I reckon there is a planet out there full of odd socks, OUR odd socks and NASA know all about it, but the government will not allow them to tell us, hence we keep buying more socks!!!

• Like 2

Lots of things look like other things - especially when you REALLY, REALLY want them to. Come on. Are there seriously people with nothing better to do than to pore over images like this being sent back, desperately trying to see something, ANYTHING that will support the beliefs they already hold that Mars once harbored (or still is harboring) life? Egads.

I bet you a tenna the Virgin mary is up the somewhere in those rocks.

• Like 2

The Level of intelligent replies boggles the grey matter. Never mind It dont Matter ! :whistle::no:

The Level of intelligent replies boggles the grey matter. Never mind It dont Matter ! :whistle::no:

We didn`t start the story about the sandal, guiney pig, half a finger sitting on the surface of Mars, we were just elaborating on it. :whistle:

if i see that stupid hamster rock again, im gunna freak!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t::rofl:

people think rocks are anything now adays, a sole? hamster? pyramid?

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

I would like to see the pics in succession. If there is another pic it snapped right after the first one and what ever it is has moved then I would be more inclined to believe it.

I reckon there is a planet out there full of odd socks, OUR odd socks and NASA know all about it, but the government will not allow them to tell us, hence we keep buying more socks!!!

That reminds me of 'The Black Hole' Ren and Stimpy episode where they find the gigantic mountain of all the worlds missing left socks. :tu:

• Like 1

This is what the face on mars really is. The government is covering it up!

1097a.jpg

yeah right!!!!

there is no guinea pig in that photo!

Is this the same guy that kept finding sign after sign of "life" in the rover images? Anything that looked a bone was a bone. Anything that looked like a fossil was a fossil. Anything that looked square was an artifact from an ancient civilization. If something looked like something, it simply had to be that thing and nothing else.

One of images showing UFO/Dead Pixels is quite interesting... I dont currently own Photoshop, but if someone does then I would suggest increasing the Parameters for Pixel Definition (Zoom) to explain what we are looking at. Back in the day, I was on the design team for the Altea Professional Satelite Receiver (originally for Newscorp, later sold to Tandberg Television) and this does not look like any sort of Digital Artefact to me.

Maybe a Dust Devil picked up some debris and "floated" it around

The "Guinea Pig" a rock, the "Human" finger is a rock... nothing to see there...IMO

Edited by keithisco

One of images showing UFO/Dead Pixels is quite interesting... I dont currently own Photoshop, but if someone does then I would suggest increasing the Parameters for Pixel Definition (Zoom) to explain what we are looking at. Back in the day, I was on the design team for the Altea Professional Satelite Receiver (originally for Newscorp, later sold to Tandberg Television) and this does not look like any sort of Digital Artefact to me.

If it's the following picture you're talking about, I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting it's "dead pixels".

img_15319_ufo-caught-on-mars-mars-curiosity-rover-live-video.jpg

Here's what you see if you zoom in without applying any smoothing filters.

marsufo.png

It's not a digital artefact in itself, but it does contain heavy elements of JPEG artefacting. Hard to know exactly what we're looking at as it's only a handful of pixels across and has been distorted by the JPEG compression process.

The following picture however, is almost certainly dead pixels (note that it has been inversed and then recolorised from the original which had black dots against the sky):

spaceship.jpg

It's easy to simulate it using Photoshop. Put a couple of blank white pixels on a brown gradient background, save it at low JPEG quality, and then resize it upward a bit with bicubic filtering on and you'll get pretty much the same thing. The fact that the same series of images on NASA's website all contain the same 2 little blobs in the exact same place in each picture is further evidence that it's a camera defect of some sort.

My vote is Its Dr. Who ! or not ? :no:

One thing for sure ITs not nuttin but dirt & Rocks up there !

If it's the following picture you're talking about, I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting it's "dead pixels".

img_15319_ufo-caught-on-mars-mars-curiosity-rover-live-video.jpg

Please!! Thats no alien craft/UFO in the distance,... its a bug flying close to the camera.

• Like 1

Yeah, I walk bike paths with my dog daily and I am always amazed by articles of clothing left on the path. And for sure, dryers eat socks.

I expect the evidence that is under question is something besides a picture. More along the lines of analysis of a dirt sample. It will probably be something exciting to scientist, but not particularly exciting to the rest of us.

Please!! Thats no alien craft/UFO in the distance,... its a bug flying close to the camera.

I do not know what it is, but "a bug"???

:alien: So there are bugs flying around on the surface of mars? :alien: which means there is life there after all. :alien:

I'm leaning towards flying saucer myself.

ufodj.png