Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netanyahu plans fence around Israel

acidhead

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/10/netanyahu-plans-fence-around-israel-to-protect-it-from-wild-beasts

February 10, 2016

Binyamin Netanyahu has announced his intention to “surround all of Israelwith a fence” to protect the country from infiltration by both Palestinians and the citizens of surrounding Arab states, whom he described as “wild beasts”.

Cont'd...

• Like 1

Netanyahu is currently in Berlin, Germany. The following article from the Guardian news website says:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-leads-ministerial-delegation-to-germany/

Netanyahu and Merkel will meet Tuesday at the German chancellery and are expected to discuss regional developments in the Middle East, including the Syrian refugee crisis and international efforts to restart the Israel-Palestinian peace talks.

Now, just curious.... What exactly are Netanyahu and Merkel going to discuss regarding Syrian refugees? We can only imagine. I suppose based on Netanyahu's description of arabs as "wild beasts" that the conversation will be interesting to say the least. While Israel is building walls to keep these predatory animals on the outside Germany is being encourage to replace their population with them. We're living in strange times indeed.

• Like 2

Netanyahu is currently in Berlin, Germany. The following article from the Guardian news website says:

http://www.timesofis...ion-to-germany/

Netanyahu and Merkel will meet Tuesday at the German chancellery and are expected to discuss regional developments in the Middle East, including the Syrian refugee crisis and international efforts to restart the Israel-Palestinian peace talks.

Now, just curious.... What exactly are Netanyahu and Merkel going to discuss regarding Syrian refugees? We can only imagine. I suppose based on Netanyahu's description of arabs as "wild beasts" that the conversation will be interesting to say the least. While Israel is building walls to keep these predatory animals on the outside Germany is being encourage to replace their population with them. We're living in strange times indeed.

When the average citizen has to be watchful every moment in public lest someone walk up and stab or shoot them, I'd say wild beast is a tame AND accurate description. Human beings don't typically attempt murder of strangers daily. So unless you feel they are somehow justified in their murders and attempted murders of strangers then I'd imagine no better description of them. Beasts...savages... and I'd go a step farther and say that anyone who agrees with their acts qualifies for the same label.
  • Like 2

[...] Beasts...savages... and I'd go a step farther and say that anyone who agrees with their acts qualifies for the same label.

Put Iran and Russia in this basket: best friends and suppliers of Hezbollah and Hamas.
  • Like 1

Netanyahu is currently in Berlin, Germany.

Obviously researching how to make a really effective fence. I bet there'll be some retired Grepos keen to share their expertise. Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 2

The Revenge of Little Adolf ... ahhhh the irony ~

• Like 2

So he's building a wall, within a wall?

Actually, the great majority is a layered fencing system. The wall that is so regularly shown is only in areas where people were regularly being hit by sniper fire. As long as people keep complaining about the barrier rather than ask why it's necessary to begin with, the situation will never get better. Israel is doing nothing that reasonable people wouldn't do to protect themselves.
  • Like 1

Actually, the great majority is a layered fencing system. The wall that is so regularly shown is only in areas where people were regularly being hit by sniper fire. As long as people keep complaining about the barrier rather than ask why it's necessary to begin with, the situation will never get better. Israel is doing nothing that reasonable people wouldn't do to protect themselves.

Reasonable people don't usually occupy land that belongs to others, nor oppresses and restricts them.

• Like 5

Reasonable people don't usually occupy land that belongs to others, nor oppresses and restricts them.

I was going to say something along these lines, but you beat me to it :tu:

• Like 2

When the average citizen has to be watchful every moment in public lest someone walk up and stab or shoot them, I'd say wild beast is a tame AND accurate description. Human beings don't typically attempt murder of strangers daily. So unless you feel they are somehow justified in their murders and attempted murders of strangers then I'd imagine no better description of them. Beasts...savages... and I'd go a step farther and say that anyone who agrees with their acts qualifies for the same label.

So, if I decide to go walking on the South Side of Chicago, I can use the same epithets?

So, if I decide to go walking on the South Side of Chicago, I can use the same epithets?

Absolutely... if the shoe fits, why not?
  • Like 1

That was pretty much how the German occupying forces described the French resistance during WWII.

did they put lock from outside to keep wild beasts from getting loose :yes:

The fence will keep fewer of these kids from being gunned down. Abbas should be tried for incitement to murder.

That was pretty much how the German occupying forces described the French resistance during WWII.

I'm sure they did. In that case though, they had invaded another country and were occupying it. Regardless the rhetoric here that is not the case in Israel. It's all coming to a head now and France seems to be leading the charge. I wonder if Hollande and company will feel badly when they see the death and destruction this war will cause?

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo... Hungary builds fence.... no comment.

Israel builds fence... everybody goes wild.

OK... I can see the consistency in that.

For a minute, I thought Israel was being singled out.

Glad to see that is not the case :P

• Like 2

Soooo... Hungary builds fence.... no comment.

Israel builds fence... everybody goes wild.

OK... I can see the consistency in that.

For a minute, I thought Israel was being singled out.

Glad to see that is not the case :P

Reality check. You live in the middle of two neighbors who's houses are adjacent to yours. The one on the right decides to build a fence on his property separating your land from his. The one on the left builds a fence on your property separating your land from his. The one on the left also extends the fence so it swings around impeding your access to the street and every time you want to go somewhere you have to ask his permission and wait for him to let you through. You've complained to the Police Commissioner about this but he's done absolutely nothing unsurprisingly. In fact it's his Uncle, Uncle Sam. Once you even decided to take matters into your own hands by throwing a few rocks his way in frustration. Unfortunately, the guy got his bulldozer out and took a chunk of your property off you and rebuilt the fence around it. Again Uncle Sam did nothing.

Yes, I can understand why you might go wild.

• Like 1

Reality check:

You create a completely lopsided fantasy anecdote to try and reinforce your position.

Nobody bothers to read beyond the first sentence.

You go wild !

Oh.. and Macedonia has built a fence as well !

(I didn't even know Macedonia was a COUNTRY until I read about the fence. I thought it was one of those fictitious made-up-places like Transylvania or Mordor or Wales or something, or at most a province).

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

The one on the right is similar to Hungary or Macedonia. The one on the right is the Israeli situation. Only a biased pro Zionist Israeli would not see the difference. Just for the record I don't agree with the fence in either case anyway.