Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#106    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 26 March 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I'm saying unless you send out the right invitation (your belief, will, whatever you want to call it) then your message is never going to get to the right address - or even out of the post box.
+1
And you can't read a mail with eyes closed. You can't chat in facebook with eyes closed. Well, you can type but it's not likely that you can read the response message.

#107    MisterCee

MisterCee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• "Quando omni flunkus moritati"

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

I bought a ouija board and used it (by myself).  And....nothing happened.  As with everything else in the world, results will vary, I'm sure.  My advice, if you are leaning towards buying a ouija board would be to either get one that is aesthetically pleasing (I bought a custom made one with some nice imagery on it), or get one with some historical or collectible aspect to it.  That way, if your experiences with the board aren't everything you expected, you'll either have a nice conversation piece, something cool looking or a collectible that may appreciate in value for you.

#108    jmellio

jmellio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

I have always wanted to try the board, maybe own one. My boyfriend on the other hand wants absolutly nothing to do with it. I am weary and a little  scared, but very excited at the thought of using a ouiji board. I am in the same boat.

#109    Geldoblam

Geldoblam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

If you are a sucker then you will buy one. Go roam the graveyard at night. You probably have a better chance at communicating with someone... Or something...

If you are a sucker then you will buy one. Go roam the graveyard at night. You probably have a better chance at communicating with someone... Or something...

#110    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 31 March 2013 - 01:11 AM.
Edit to fix youtube links

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#111    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Penn and Teller are no more qualified than anyone else on this board to talk about the paranormal. They may be able to analyze fraud based on their experience as stage magicians but that is not enough. It takes no expertise to know that fraud exists. Because fraud exists in some cases does not in any way discredit all testimony, and no one has ever been able to demonstrate that "muscle memory", "ideomotor effect" or any of the other para-scientific "theories" can explain the extended  coherent conversations that occur in some divination experiences.

#112    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 31 March 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

Penn and Teller are no more qualified than anyone else on this board to talk about the paranormal. They may be able to analyze fraud based on their experience as stage magicians but that is not enough. It takes no expertise to know that fraud exists. Because fraud exists in some cases does not in any way discredit all testimony, and no one has ever been able to demonstrate that "muscle memory", "ideomotor effect" or any of the other para-scientific "theories" can explain the extended coherent conversations that occur in some divination experiences.

Really?

How many people have you seen talk with their hands?

Tap pencils on desks during tests?

Bounce there foot to music no one else hears?

Tap there fingers on a desk?

Tounge partially out of mouth while concentrating on something?

I could go on and on.....

Edited by Sakari, 31 March 2013 - 02:25 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#113    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostSakari, on 31 March 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

Really?

How many people have you seen talk with their hands?

Tap pencils on desks during tests?

Bounce there foot to music no one else hears?

Tap there fingers on a desk?

Tounge partially out of mouth while concentrating on something?

I could go on and on.....
These are not acts of intelligent communication. They are repetitive and communicate nothing of significance.

#114    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 31 March 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

These are not acts of intelligent communication. They are repetitive and communicate nothing of significance.
+1
Just because some products are fake in some markets, doesn't mean all products are also fake in other markets

#115    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 25 October 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

You are playing with fire.

this , i hate ouija's ever since i saw paranorma activity i hate the dammn things ( and yes i screamed at the last scene in that movie!)

Posted Image

#116    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#117    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• The proof is out there.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostSakari, on 05 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Excellent. Definitely puts the ouija board rubbish in perspective. As I have said all along, it's a game for children. If you don't mind me asking, what program is this clip from? It looks like something I would enjoy.

Edited by voiceofreason, 05 April 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#118    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Postvoiceofreason, on 05 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Excellent. Definitely puts the ouija board rubbish in perspective. As I have said all along, it's a game for children. If you don't mind me asking, what program is this clip from? It looks like something I would enjoy.

SNL ( Saturday Night Live )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#119    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

i bought one and it convinced me to buy Monopoly, Battleship and Twister, so I had to burn it to stop the insanity before I ended up with Risk.

#120    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

I think everyone should buy one. They provide the most fun you can have with the dead without it being an illegal act. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users