Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UMers, Gender: Not Specified... Intuition.

Professor T

So I've noticed that some UMers have left a blank space in Gender, myself included..

• So here is your oportunity to see if other users can guess your gender and come clean.

• Or an oportunity to explain why you've chosen to be Gender: Not Selected..

• And an oportunity for everyone else to test their Intuition based on knowing the fellow UMer or take a stab at it based on choice of Avatar ect...

If you are wondering why I placed this under Philosophy and Psychology it's because the emphasis is on intuition.. But that's no reason not to have fun with this..

• Like 1

So I'll be first, and spend my 1000th post here..

Guess my gender, and tell me why you think you are right..

Edited by Professor T

I think you are male! :) definitely not by your avatar, that its about as ambiguous as one can get! Lol!

I say male from the posts you've made, style of expression and energy. Also guessing...lol

• Like 5

this is the thing with the internet and energy, some guys have female energy and girls male, so even though i am a quite psychic with my healing work, the gender one, online, is a guessing one..

Prof, going on your posts only, i would guess you are male.. clearly, a sensitive, new age guy.. who is in touch with themselves and the world around them..

p.s. now that you are one thousand posts, you can edit your member title.. in the edit profile section, a new box pops up.. maybe you like being a psychic spy?

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I tend to think Professor T is a male also. I haven't noticed too many of their posts though, so I'm not really arriving at that conclusion based on them (although the few times I have taken note they leave me thinking "male").

I think the name "Professor T" is the primary reason I associate you as being a male. For whatever reason, when I hear "professor" a male is what comes into mind. I realize there are female professors, but I can't deny that when I hear that word alone I tend to associate it with a male persona.

In this case, having the "T" at the end only further leaves me thinking male. Why? I'm not sure; maybe because of "Mr. T" and/or if I think of it as a nickname it comes off more as one given to a male more so than a female nickname.

Also, again, for whatever reason, the avatar also gives me the impression that you are a male.

To summarize, I guess it's the combination of your user name, avatar, and posts that leave me thinking male. I would also rank them in that order when it comes to how strongly each one gives me that indication.

• Like 1

Well, obviously the usermane is always a clue; i mean, old man Waffles is of course about 80, and has, I know for a fact, a long flowing white Beard.

:innocent:

Anyway, it is interesting in that I suppose some sections (e.g. new Age and metaphysics and Psychic Phenomena) do stereotypically tend to be associated with the feminine gender, while Politics and Space Exploration tend, again stereotypically, to be Male dominated.

• Like 3

Anyway, it is interesting in that I suppose some sections (e.g. new Age and metaphysics and Psychic Phenomena) do stereotypically tend to be associated with the feminine gender, while Politics and Space Exploration tend, again stereotypically, to be Male dominated.

Exact reason why I put my gender.... stupid google ads puts me down as a female. Since I search up the mind type stuff more often like Philosophy,Psychology,Education.

I got a feeling you are is a dude just from the way you talk and write things out.

• Like 1

Let's see (psychic powers!) :rolleyes: Professor T is a wise bearded man in his late 20s with blond hair, brown eyes, light skin and wears a pair of glasses. :geek: To assume someone is a man by the way they act goes to the line of gender stereotypes...then again as a male myself lived in the peak of my youth in my 20s behaved somewhat differently than I do now in my 30s. That kind of juvenile humor is alledgedly a young male trait, dontcha think?

• Like 1

I'll say professor T is female for the mere fact of leaving out her gender, Most men don't hide that fact. Could do with harassment experience or a friend or lover for whom they do not want to make jealous if such harassment occurs. Maybe she is the hottest chick in the world!

I could be wrong. :P

Edited by Mentalcase
  • Like 1

Well, obviously the usermane is always a clue; i mean, old man Waffles is of course about 80, and has, I know for a fact, a long flowing white Beard.

Surely you mean long, flowing, syrupy beard!!

• Like 2

As we enter a postgender world there really is no need to select an option either way unless you insist on being cisexual.

In the chat room I have noticed that some guys will ignore you unless you have female on your profile. It is plain as day that they put the possibility of hooking up before general conversation.

Conversely being a guy and becoming friends with females online might turn into a busted friendship because all they were really interested in was a possible romance.

Then you have others just judging your post differently on whether you are male or female. A male with an emotional issue might be told to suck it up while a female will be consoled. A female who has strong opinions on any subject might have other males feel threatened. My words alone when I post is what should be focused on, my gender should have no bearing.

I have heard and seen mild horrors of this type and would rather avoid it all.

Of course some people will refuse to talk to me because I have not chosen a gender, which is fine because if their decision to be hostile toward me is based on their idea of gender conformity, then we probably would not have much in common either way.

• Like 2

And I just gave you your 666th Like! (Sorry!). Male is what my first inkling told me. : )

• Like 1

As we enter a postgender world there really is no need to select an option either way unless you insist on being cisexual.

In the chat room I have noticed that some guys will ignore you unless you have female on your profile. It is plain as day that they put the possibility of hooking up before general conversation.

Conversely being a guy and becoming friends with females online might turn into a busted friendship because all they were really interested in was a possible romance.

Then you have others just judging your post differently on whether you are male or female. A male with an emotional issue might be told to suck it up while a female will be consoled. A female who has strong opinions on any subject might have other males feel threatened. My words alone when I post is what should be focused on, my gender should have no bearing.

I have heard and seen mild horrors of this type and would rather avoid it all.

Of course some people will refuse to talk to me because I have not chosen a gender, which is fine because if their decision to be hostile toward me is based on their idea of gender conformity, then we probably would not have much in common either way.

That's some very interesting points..

So what you are basically staying, is you've chosen not to choose to display your Gender because people will treat your posts and points of view differently if you did?

That's some very interesting points..

So what you are basically staying, is you've chosen not to choose to display your Gender because people will treat your posts and points of view differently if you did?

People will still treat you exactly the same way. It becomes a one-sided transaction when withholding the currency of gender. For others who have overcome gender bias then the ambiguity would make no difference, neither would a stated sex. So nothing much really changes, people treat you the same.

• Like 1

Professor T I think you're a male. Didn't you have that in your profile once? I seem to remember thinking that from some of your posts too.

Also with some members it's a bit of a giveaway when they post about their 'wife' or 'husband' etc...

• Like 2

People will still treat you exactly the same way. It becomes a one-sided transaction when withholding the currency of gender. For others who have overcome gender bias then the ambiguity would make no difference, neither would a stated sex. So nothing much really changes, people treat you the same.

I agree. So, Prof T. you can now feel comfortable with revealing that you are female.

I agree. So, Prof T. you can now feel comfortable with revealing that you are female.

I'm not going to reveal any of my parts ( :lol:) untill I get a few more responses, guesses, intuition..

So far, I don't have enough responders to make it a study..

What I want to do with this is post results, by Gender & overall, of how intuitive us UMers really are..

Would be great if some other Gender non Specified users would join in..

Professor T I think you're a male. Didn't you have that in your profile once? I seem to remember thinking that from some of your posts too.

Also with some members it's a bit of a giveaway when they post about their 'wife' or 'husband' etc...

Nope..

Since I joined I've been Gender unspecified..

I have also gone out of my way to ensure that I've never let slip my Gender.. It's been difficult at times I can tell you.. but never have I let slip anything that could lead someone to believe I was male or female, except two users by PM.. (which I ask not to spoil the Intuition test)

For what it's worth, in reference to 'I believe you's' comments, I personally don't care much if I'm conversing on this site with someone who is a male or a female (not that the comments were directed towards me or any specific person).

A persons personality and level of friendliness tends to be my primary basis upon which I desire to talk with someone a lot, a little, or not at all.

• Like 1

Im gonna say your a female, Because for you to be a male that would be the obvious choice.

For what it's worth, in reference to 'I believe you's' comments, I personally don't care much if I'm conversing on this site with someone who is a male or a female (not that the comments were directed towards me or any specific person).

A persons personality and level of friendliness tends to be my primary basis upon which I desire to talk with someone a lot, a little, or not at all.

I feel the same way

• Like 1

Hmmm, i always assumed you were male, but most males don't hide their gender......

I'm sticking with Male. When are you going to do the big reveal? and will there be a webcam?

• Like 1

Come on Girls!

Reveal that famous female intuition!

11 Males have responded..

2 Females..