Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I-Phone & Androids "Ghost Radar" App?

TaraOlivia

What do you think????? Have any of you used it???

My dad, who I lived with, who was my best friend, got diagnosed with lung cancer that went to the brain just a short 5 weeks ago, and now just 3 weeks ago he died with me by his side in his bed. He was only 64.

Anyways, my cousin stayed with me and my kids at my dads for a week after the funeral and she has an I-Phone and told me about this ghost hunting app.... well its kinda like a radar, the i-phone is suppose to have the same stuff in it as the actual ghost hunting device radar does, and I believe this because of the white noise.

Anyhow, we turned it on and there was A LOT of activity, and things being said that was too close to home for it to be fake..... or maybe i'm just telling myself that??? I felt my dad's presence then but for some reason I feel as if he's not here anymore, that he's "crossed over".... I'm not sure why I feel that way... maybe it's just me letting go and accepting that he is gone. Which hurts the most.

My 5 yr old son told me the night that he died he had a dream that "pop" (thats what he calls him) that pop came to him and told him he was going on a long walk. I bawled my eyes out when I heard that because for one my 5 yr old never tells me about his dreams and my dad was very into nature and walks before he got sick.

I know i'm getting off subject, but, what do you think???

• Like 3

There are a few threads on this topic if you search for them. Most people, including myself, think they're a joke, which I believe they are sold as entertainment apps.

• Like 3

I don't know anything about that app but I saw the ghost of my cat once and that one time was all I ever saw her. I think sometimes they hang around temporarily just to say good bye or closure before moving on.

Firstly i am sorry for your loss, but personally i don't believe such a thing as ghost radar is accurate. The idea that the solution to ghost hunting lies in the app store i feel is unlikely. Please note i am not disregarding any phenomena you bey of experienced i just find it hard to believe that the ghost radar is more than an entertaining app for some evening fun.

There are a few threads on this topic if you search for them. Most people, including myself, think they're a joke, which I believe they are sold as entertainment apps.

I need my glasses on to read that!

I am very, very sorry for your loss!

I don´t think that you should rely on an Iphone app.. I find it very hard to believe that my (our your cousins) Iphone has some kind of ghost hunting device built in that surfaces only as soon as a programmer makes an application that tells it to activate. That sounds strange, right?

The story about your son was very beautiful, though!!

Edited by Djavul

It's fake app. A friend and I downloaded it for laughs and tried it in my room. My house is not haunted. I've been living in it for six years and nothing even close to paranormal ever happened.

According to the app, my room is haunted by three ghosts and they are saying things like "pony" "stick" "outside" "behind".

I'm very sorry for your loss, but please do not rely on an app to get answers. Especially this one; it's for entertainment use only.

• Like 1

My dad, who I lived with, who was my best friend, got diagnosed with lung cancer that went to the brain just a short 5 weeks ago, and now just 3 weeks ago he died with me by his side in his bed. He was only 64.

Anyways, my cousin stayed with me and my kids at my dads for a week after the funeral and she has an I-Phone and told me about this ghost hunting app.... well its kinda like a radar, the i-phone is suppose to have the same stuff in it as the actual ghost hunting device radar does, and I believe this because of the white noise.

Anyhow, we turned it on and there was A LOT of activity, and things being said that was too close to home for it to be fake..... or maybe i'm just telling myself that??? I felt my dad's presence then but for some reason I feel as if he's not here anymore, that he's "crossed over".... I'm not sure why I feel that way... maybe it's just me letting go and accepting that he is gone. Which hurts the most.

My 5 yr old son told me the night that he died he had a dream that "pop" (thats what he calls him) that pop came to him and told him he was going on a long walk. I bawled my eyes out when I heard that because for one my 5 yr old never tells me about his dreams and my dad was very into nature and walks before he got sick.

I know some hate hearing this, but really, it is so simple, easy, and true.

It is also ( if you ask me ) common sense........

Have ghosts been proven to exist at all?...........No

Does anyone know if there is even a " after life " when we die?.......No

Considering the two questions, how could anyone ( especially Apple and Samsung ) have the ability to track such a thing?

And, as someone said, a few topics on this, and I know at least one shows all of the facts to tell people that would think it is real, that is a entertainment app.

When are they going to make a Bigfoot Radar App?

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

I agree with Sakari and Kasey it's an entertainment app.

But lets talk as though ghosts are real and have been proven to exist... From what I have read, the best time to see ghosts is around 4 in the morning. Do you know why? Because there is less noise electrical/frequency polution. So taking into considerationt hat an Iphone is one of the worst things on the planet for that sort of thing. Do you really think it would work?

I'm really sorry about your loss though, I know what exactly what it's like and I hope you find peace. If your father could and wants to make contact with you, he will. You won't need a silly app for that. Ther ewould be more chnace the iphone blocks it from happening.

Well most of them are Closed Source applications which generate random words at any given interval.

But the i Ovilus App is freaky. I was playing around with it and the first couple words said

Eating

Sub

Plate

Cat

I have to say i was like what the ****. My Hair stood up on end because i was eating a Sub with a plate, and my Cat was sitting next time me begging. Theres probably over a million words that it could generate but to have those specific words made me wonder.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

Well most of them are Closed Source applications which generate random words at any given interval.

But the i Ovilus App is freaky. I was playing around with it and the first couple words said

Eating

Sub

Plate

Cat

I have to say i was like what the ****. My Hair stood up on end because i was eating a Sub with a plate, and my Cat was sitting next time me begging. Theres probably over a million words that it could generate but to have those specific words made me wonder.

Then this should be a common occurrence and easy to prove......

They might also go through the contents of your phone (your address book, your documents and your browser cache) looking for random connections to display. For example if it can find a familiar name, a familiar location, then add a spooky word to them, BINGO!

According to the app, my room is haunted by three ghosts and they are saying things like "pony" "stick" "outside" "behind".

The instructions say you're supposed to let it "settle" for ten minutes or so before you start taking it seriously if you intend to take it seriously of course.

When I first started it in my cube here it reported ghosts aplenty and words that were clearly garbage. After a while it stopped reporting anything. For a fake app, it does do a good job of convincing you that it's working very hard even when it's not doing anything. I suspected it might use the orientation sensors to trigger reports but big shakes and small vibrations haven't gotten it talking again. I'll have to play around with it some more.

I'm sure the developer is smiling!

This has been discussed on MANY occasions here. I will play along and pretend people STILL believe there is some sort of merit here in these entertainment applications. Lets say there are Ghosts, Spirits, what have you. Lets look at this from a technical aspect:

A mobile device is not capable of reading EMF, EMP, Heat, Cold, or run through real radio AM/FM frequencies such as the P-SB7 (Spirit Box you see the Jokers on Ghost Adventures using) Any "radio" channels picked up on a Mobile Phone are digital coming from a server. It does not have the correct antenna's or hardware to receive TRUE frequencies.

When looking in to how the Ghost Radar applications work, all we are told is:

Ghost Radar has many sensors available to it on mobile devices. However, traditional paranormal equipment can be easily fooled when simple mundane bursts of normal energy occur. Ghost Radar® sets itself apart by analyzing the readings from sensors giving indications only when interesting patterns in the readings have been made. From the Ghost Radar website found here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghost-radar-legacy/id314696635?mt=8

What "Sensors" are they discussing here? Because as I previously stated, a mobile device simply has NONE of the relevant sensors needed to achieve such things.

This seriously is a joke of an application. And it's even advertised as such. It's for entertainment purposes. Anyone whom has an IQ of double digits should be able to realize this my friends. Anyone can write a program that does exactly what this does. Hope this cleared it up for you!

• Like 1

I just downloaded the application.... what did your reading say? The words it uses, is that supposed to be spirits giving you clues or messages?

... hi after playing with the application, I realized that the thing can spew out any word TO PLAY ON YOUR FEARS and insecurities, making you jump to conclusions.

It is however true that demons and spirits can use any medium, even maybe stupid cell phone games like these, to speak to people BUT positive spirits would not INSPIRE FEAR, they would NOT make you feel negative etc.

Negative spirits on the other hand would make you feel down and feed off it, feeding you more of this BS since you can't get enough and is desperate enough to believe anything at this point, the "words" given on the app is only as powerful as the power you give them in your mind.

I would rather trust your son's dream than the ghost radar thing... since technology can easily be manipulated by any spirit and not only loved ones that crossed over... demons are very intelligent creatures, and can even use the internet to GET TO YOU, playing on your fears, and in this case your sense of MOURNING, they know you are FRAGILE right now...

My advice would be SINCE YOU ARE VERY FRAGILE right now, NOT TO BELIEVE anything out of mere desperation.

Your dad is on his own journey right now, and believe me PLAYING ON YOUR FEARS AND INSECURITIES is the last thing he would do if he could EMBRACE PEACE on the other side... unless he liked being a bully and a troll while he lived he would pester you as some malicious spirit, but I don't think this is the case, since your dad is on a "long walk now" you are being interfered with by other spirits that likes to see the reaction they get out of you being deceived thinking it is your "dad".

Edited by araxia
  • Like 2

It's a phone app.

Think about it.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss.

But yep it's just an app. The code determines the outcomes and gullible/(insert more offensive word here) people are suckered into thinking it's real.

Maybe the flat earth society will be getting a few more members...

• Like 1

I played with Ghost Radar over the entire weekend. It's brilliant at making you think it's doing something. At times it will go a half hour without showing anything, then you'll have wave after wave of ghosts trying to communicate with you.

I got a total of 175 words from it over two days. 173 of them were total nonsense but two words are the kind that make people completely totally 100% convinced this thing works beyond a shadow of a doubt.

On my laptop I was looking for a replacement circuit breaker panel for my house. Ghost Radar said "electrical"!

While I was watching the end of the close USC vs. UCLA game, Ghost Radar said "exciting"!

As you would expect, these two hits were in the middle of a series of words that made no sense. If I kept using it, I'm sure I would eventually get a couple of words that made sense together. I'd have to say that a 1% hit rate is pretty poor and it says more about the people who believe in this stuff than about the app itself.

My cat loves the "radar sweep" screen and bats at it with his paws whenever he sees it.

• Like 2

:tu: Good on you Scowl! LOL! But I can't believe that you spent your weekend debunking an app. Took one for the team!

Regards,

Mabon.

i just wanted to comment, does anyone else notice that the rudest people have the most posts under thier name in any given thread? if you are really that hard off that you go on a forum such as this just to belittle or ridicule someone that often, perhaps you yourself needs to be the one to go outside for some fresh air, perhaps pick up a new hobby, go for a bike ride...

Edited by girlgodx

i just wanted to comment, does anyone else notice that the rudest people have the most posts under thier name in any given thread? if you are really that hard off that you go on a forum such as this just to belittle or ridicule someone that often, perhaps you yourself needs to be the one to go outside for some fresh air, perhaps pick up a new hobby, go for a bike ride...

So let's play with your theory, Our Admins and Mods have high post count on the forum, are you implying they are rude? Think about it.

As for the application, No it is fake, I am working on my video to show peeps how fake it is. I am currently running it on my PC and it is acutally detected ghosts on the blipper and said some words... But my computer had it's ethernet removed.

• Like 2

:tu: Good on you Scowl! LOL! But I can't believe that you spent your weekend debunking an app. Took one for the team!

It was a lazy weekend watching football, raking leaves and so on. I just kept my Ghost Radar on and wrote down every word the spirits communicated to me. They said nothing relevant about my trips to the bookstore, the hardware store, working on sports photos, backing up some stuff to DVD, watching Elevator to the Gallows (Louis Malle tried to be the French Hitchcock). I wished an ex-girlfriend a happy birthday on Saturday and on Sunday I was on the phone with a friend whose grandmother had just died that morning.

Ghost Radar had nothing interesting to say about those things but did tell me that breaker panels are "electrical" and that a close football game was "exciting". For those two times, it was as if spirits were in the room with me! :rolleyes:

This has been discussed on MANY occasions here. I will play along and pretend people STILL believe there is some sort of merit here in these entertainment applications. Lets say there are Ghosts, Spirits, what have you. Lets look at this from a technical aspect:

A mobile device is not capable of reading EMF, EMP, Heat, Cold, or run through real radio AM/FM frequencies such as the P-SB7 (Spirit Box you see the Jokers on Ghost Adventures using) Any "radio" channels picked up on a Mobile Phone are digital coming from a server. It does not have the correct antenna's or hardware to receive TRUE frequencies.

When looking in to how the Ghost Radar applications work, all we are told is:

What "Sensors" are they discussing here? Because as I previously stated, a mobile device simply has NONE of the relevant sensors needed to achieve such things.

This seriously is a joke of an application. And it's even advertised as such. It's for entertainment purposes. Anyone whom has an IQ of double digits should be able to realize this my friends. Anyone can write a program that does exactly what this does. Hope this cleared it up for you!

It's a phone app.

Think about it.

I know for a fact that I have a Guardian ANGEL around me 24/7 but the ghost radar does NOT PICK it up... it only has blips of supernatural activity once in 15-20 minutes or even an hour...

That does not make sense, if something is around me ALL the time...

I played with Ghost Radar over the entire weekend. It's brilliant at making you think it's doing something. At times it will go a half hour without showing anything, then you'll have wave after wave of ghosts trying to communicate with you.

I got a total of 175 words from it over two days. 173 of them were total nonsense but two words are the kind that make people completely totally 100% convinced this thing works beyond a shadow of a doubt.

On my laptop I was looking for a replacement circuit breaker panel for my house. Ghost Radar said "electrical"!

While I was watching the end of the close USC vs. UCLA game, Ghost Radar said "exciting"!

As you would expect, these two hits were in the middle of a series of words that made no sense. If I kept using it, I'm sure I would eventually get a couple of words that made sense together. I'd have to say that a 1% hit rate is pretty poor and it says more about the people who believe in this stuff than about the app itself.

My cat loves the "radar sweep" screen and bats at it with his paws whenever he sees it.

It was a lazy weekend watching football, raking leaves and so on. I just kept my Ghost Radar on and wrote down every word the spirits communicated to me. They said nothing relevant about my trips to the bookstore, the hardware store, working on sports photos, backing up some stuff to DVD, watching Elevator to the Gallows (Louis Malle tried to be the French Hitchcock). I wished an ex-girlfriend a happy birthday on Saturday and on Sunday I was on the phone with a friend whose grandmother had just died that morning.

Ghost Radar had nothing interesting to say about those things but did tell me that breaker panels are "electrical" and that a close football game was "exciting". For those two times, it was as if spirits were in the room with me! :rolleyes:

uhhhm yeah my Guardian Angel DOES NOT like me playing with the GHOST RADAR thing,

He says it is too open for many spirits or any type of spirit,

be it demonic or ghosts....

and without a doubt some of the words are dead on,

but evil spirits would use technology to get to you,

the first time I USED IT I GOT A NEGATIVE VIBE,

and was SCARED and frightened,

does that sound like benevolent energy to you?

It is like what one of my friends said about the ghost box,

Go on line and look up "Frank Box" it will tell you. YOu buy a certain radio at Radio shack and then mess with it. There are also ghost boxes you can purchase already created. Try to find one that any known ghost reality programs are using, like ghost adventures or the like. If I get a chance I will look it up, but gaurantee you will find what you need if you look up Frank Box. Hope you arent scared of getting real time answers from the other side because even if the spirits say they are Uncle Zeak, it may be something else entirely. So protect yourself and if afraid dont do it.. That attracts undesirables. Anyways, a proper ghost box will run thru at a rapid speed multitude of radio channels and the spirits can pick exact answers to your questions. Be sure to buy a good recorder to record the sessions of you asking and the box answering. You dont want to NOT record it. That would be sad!
Edited by araxia