Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

End of the world on 11/22/33

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#76    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 01 February 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

The person saying this.. is the next scam artists...
trying to get rich from fear of the ignoranat!
I can haz ur money, plz?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#77    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I looked it up briefly an the master number 11 is a spiritual messenger, 22 is a spiritual master, and 33 is ascension.

Sounds like 11/22/33 is going to bring great change and hope for humanity and not be a doomsday at all. Just the beginning of a new era.

#78    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,923 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

I had a dream this morning 02/02/13  that the SHTF was going to happen in March of 2016.  I saw the calendar and knew it was a catastrophe but didn't see the actual date.  First time I've ever had such a dream.  Left me a little disquieted.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#79    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

When I was in college (I went to school in the US) I wanted to learn Western culture, so I agreed to some Bible studies with a group called Jehovah's Witnesses.

I soon figured out that they were not standard Christian issue but somewhat heterodox, but that was okay.

They told me the end of the world was in 1914 (they had detailed Bible calculations to prove it).  Now of course this was in the 1960s, so obviously the end was not quite what people picture.  It was just the beginning of the "end times," and that the generation alive in 1914 would live to see the real end.  (I've lost track of them and I wonder what they make of the fact that anyone still alive now must have been an infant then).

I think this is a common theme in new religions, at least in new Christian religions, derived from the fact that Paul plainly thought the end was nigh back in his day.  Of course it never seems to actually happen, and so new interpretations have to be figured out.

The cause is no hard to discern: we all feel we are important, hence all the testimonies about wondrous things happening to us.  For those who don't seem to be able to have marvelous things happen personally, there can at least be the consolation we live in important times.

#80    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postand then, on 02 February 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

I had a dream this morning 02/02/13  that the SHTF was going to happen in March of 2016.  I saw the calendar and knew it was a catastrophe but didn't see the actual date.  First time I've ever had such a dream.  Left me a little disquieted.
I had a dream once when I was told in no uncertain terms that I would die before I was 55.  Now I am 69.

I wouldn't worry much.

Edited by Frank Merton, 02 February 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#81    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

You know one of the problems with end-of-the-world predictions is that if you are right you won't be able to back in the glory.

Make less disturbing predictions and it's possible to be right and get some recognition.

#82    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,513 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostI believe you, on 02 February 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

I looked it up briefly an the master number 11 is a spiritual messenger, 22 is a spiritual master, and 33 is ascension.

Sounds like 11/22/33 is going to bring great change and hope for humanity and not be a doomsday at all. Just the beginning of a new era.
oh good, only another 20 years to wait then.
Wasn't 2012 supposed to?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#83    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,515 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 02 February 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

oh good, only another 20 years to wait then.
Wasn't 2012 supposed to?
I got a sittingroom filled with 1357 cans of baked beans from the last scare, 20 years I`ve got to stare at them now because someone got their calculations wrong!!!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#84    rvaun

rvaun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• "We all know UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where are they from."

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Oh god.
The world might as well end on both 12/34/56 and 23/23/23 as well.

Edited by circuitbawx, 17 February 2013 - 07:24 AM.

UFO ≠ Alien Space Car

Stuff I used to believe in that I don't anymore for various reasons: TR3B, SR72/SR75, Belgian UFO Wave, (and counting...)

#85    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Having a few months worth of propane and water and food and medicine around is not a bad idea regardless.  It does take a little organization to cycle it so you use the old stuff first.  And don't forget a supply of cat litter.

#86    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,515 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 February 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Having a few months worth of propane and water and food and medicine around is not a bad idea regardless.  It does take a little organization to cycle it so you use the old stuff first.  And don't forget a supply of cat litter.
Cat litter? for my dog? ok, if you say so.  :yes:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#87    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,513 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Is cat litter still essential if you don't have a Cat? Can you eat it if it comes to that?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#88    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I thought survivalists always had a few dozen cats.

#89    bloodworld

bloodworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

lol fake :w00t:

#90    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,515 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 February 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

I thought survivalists always had a few dozen cats.
Nooo, not cats!   candles.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users