Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UKIP 'Now The UK's Third Largest Party'

skookum

The UK Independence Party has surged to a record poll rating, knocking the Liberal Democrats into fourth place.

http://news.sky.com/...d-largest-party

How long can Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ignore the growing unpopularity of the UK's membership of the EU?

Edited by skookum

How long can Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ignore the growing unpopularity of the UK's membership of the EU?

Clegg can ignore it because UKIP are now bigger than his party already. It's too late for the pro-EU LibDumbs. His party are now dead.

The only way Cameron can stop UKIP becoming more popular by taking votes from his party - because that is mainly what's happening - is to give the British people the EU in/out referendum that most of them want by the 2015 General Election. If he does that the Tories will win that election. If he doesn't then UKIP's rise will only accelerate and the Tories will lose voters to them.

The best thing for the Tories to do is to give us the referendum - and to do so soon - so we can vote to leave the EU (which polls say would happen in such a referendum). This will stop the rise of UKIP and ensure the Tories win the next election.

Anyway, this is good news that UKIP are now Britain's third party, especially with them having pushed a Lefty Liberal party into non-entity status. This just reflects the fact that the British public are, in the main, at the centre-right of politics.

I also remember having an argument with someone in another thread in this section because they were trying to tell me that there isn't enough proof of my claim that UKIP are now the UK's third party. I think these polls have provided that proof.

These are going to be dark days indeed for British europhiles.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

Makes me laugh how so many people want the UK to not be a part of the EU. Yet it's one step closer to bringing the world together. Making it closer to peace.

It's like I cna't understand for the life of me why people want Scottish independace from the UK. I'm Scottish and think it's a stupid idea.

its good news UKIP have in a very short time become noticed in British politics. but they still have a long, long way to go, they still have no elected MP's but do have 12 MEP's but i have a feeling it wont be long before we see a UKIP Member of parliament. i can see a few defectors from the Tory party crossing over. what UKIP needs is some Tory heavyweights to defect.

• Like 1

I think we'll see the first UKIP MP in 2015, especially if no referendum is forthcoming.

The greatest danger is that UKIP will split the Tory vote and give the 'Balls and Milliband Flying Circus' another chance to spend all the money we haven't got!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 3

Clegg can ignore it because UKIP are now bigger than his party already. It's too late for the pro-EU LibDumbs. His party are now dead.

The only way Cameron can stop UKIP becoming more popular by taking votes from his party - because that is mainly what's happening - is to give the British people the EU in/out referendum that most of them want by the 2015 General Election. If he does that the Tories will win that election. If he doesn't then UKIP's rise will only accelerate and the Tories will lose voters to them.

The best thing for the Tories to do is to give us the referendum - and to do so soon - so we can vote to leave the EU (which polls say would happen in such a referendum). This will stop the rise of UKIP and ensure the Tories win the next election.

Anyway, this is good news that UKIP are now Britain's third party, especially with them having pushed a Lefty Liberal party into non-entity status. This just reflects the fact that the British public are, in the main, at the centre-right of politics.

I also remember having an argument with someone in another thread in this section because they were trying to tell me that there isn't enough proof of my claim that UKIP are now the UK's third party. I think these polls have provided that proof.

These are going to be dark days indeed for British europhiles.

UKIP arent big enough to contest every seat they still have growth to do.

If they contested every seat at the next election they would have a landslide majority.

• Like 1

The problem with Ukip is that they are, very much, a one issue party. Everything seems to be about the EU, or because or the EU to them. They seem to think the EU is making us do this, or not doing that, even when that's not the case at all. If they want to be taken seriously they have to do more than just bleat about the EU because, seriously, there's much more issues than the EU and getting us out of it isn't some 'magic bullet' that's going to solve every single issue.

Rule Brittania !!! yer well at the moment its Brussels Rules Brittania.Its time we sorted the Euro's out,politically I mean, we Brits want home rule.

The greatest danger is that UKIP will split the Tory vote and give the 'Balls and Milliband Flying Circus' another chance to spend all the money we haven't got!

Yeah, because the Tories are doing *great* with the economy the moment.

Edited by Emma_Acid

Yeah, because the Tories are doing *great* with the economy the moment.

Yeah but we can't get away from who made the mess 12 years of Labour borrowing £4 for every £5 they spent.

According to the polls it looks inevitable that we will end up with another Labour government. If they pick up were the last Labour Government left off, as Balls has indicated, I dread to think what mess the country will be left in.

Edited by skookum

The problem with Ukip is that they are, very much, a one issue party. Everything seems to be about the EU, or because or the EU to them. They seem to think the EU is making us do this, or not doing that, even when that's not the case at all. If they want to be taken seriously they have to do more than just bleat about the EU because, seriously, there's much more issues than the EU and getting us out of it isn't some 'magic bullet' that's going to solve every single issue.

Its ironic that the only party offering every policy which the British public wants cant get elected because its a PR disaster (BNP). That leaves us with UKIP who are scared of being anti-immigration or the Conservatives who wont do anything unless they have too.

Of course what will happen is that as UKIP become a threat the Conservatives will pull the rug out from under them by having an EU referendum. A nice strategic move but why do they only act when they have too?

Guido Fawkes.......Where are you when you're needed?

• Like 1

Yeah but we can't get away from who made the mess 12 years of Labour borrowing £4 for every £5 they spent.

According to the polls it looks inevitable that we will end up with another Labour government. If they pick up were the last Labour Government left off, as Balls has indicated, I dread to think what mess the country will be left in.

I don't doubt that 'Labour' have the majority of blame to shoulder, but it was conservatives who de-regulated the banks, giving them the power to behave in the way they did. That's the real reason the economy is in the toilet.

It wouldn't have made much of a difference to our economy either way. All parties in our government are there to serve the elites, regardless of who is in charge.

Its ironic that the only party offering every policy which the British public wants cant get elected because its a PR disaster (BNP). That leaves us with UKIP who are scared of being anti-immigration or the Conservatives who wont do anything unless they have too.

Of course what will happen is that as UKIP become a threat the Conservatives will pull the rug out from under them by having an EU referendum. A nice strategic move but why do they only act when they have too?

If we were to elect the BNP to power this place would look like V for Vendetta in no time at all.

If we were to elect the BNP to power this place would look like V for Vendetta in no time at all.

You recon a few million people would just disappear?

You recon a few million people would just disappear?

I think you're taking my meaning just a tad too literally.

the labour government always leave office with the economy in a poor state, its a fact they always leave office with the economy worse than when they took over, people are stuck in a time warp if they think the labour party is for the working man. those days are long gone, when john smith died so did those party principles, then we had the creation of NEW Labour and the rise of one Tony Blair and the Blairiets.

we then seen the boom years. where we seen a rise in immigration the like we've never seen before, at the time anyone who dare speak out about it was called a racist but now we know the truth, the face of Britain changed forever. latest census.

They left office, even after all those boom years with a economic deficit the biggest since the end of the second world war, - when you consider in those years of peace were they ran the economy worse than 1930's war torn Britain. then we see an explosion in benefit payments. when labour came to office the benefit bill was £87Billion when they left office that had risen in 10 years to £165Billion.

we seen the rise of the nanny state, we seen government borrowing increase even though income tax receipts failed to cover all the social programs/benefit payments. i think when we had labour lose the general election and the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, left a handwritten note in his desk, warning his successor that there was no money left. - that spoke volumes.

the first general election i was eligible to vote in was the 2001 general election. and i voted labour, everything was going fine, it was the 'boom years' i was in work in my first ever job. everything seemed rosy, so i voted for labour in the 2005 general election, though still in work i started to question the governments spending handling of the economy, foreign policy, health spending and benefits and Immigration.

so in 2010 i voted for the first time conservative/Tory. why? i had just witnessed an inept labour government ruin the economy from a position of strength 10 years of growth - squandered. the rise of the nanny state, welfare benefit soaring encouraging people to becoming reliant on the state help, government borrowing going through the roof, unemployment rising. the list goes on, so have read a bit of political history i wanted to know which political party had the experience in getting the country out of a recession the only political party who time and again has a track record of economic recovery were the Tory party. i support their policies on the economy, benefit reform, reducing the public sector, the only policy i have concerns about is the Health - NHS and their stance on the EU. but the EU was minor in the grand scheme of things, but in the European Elections i voted for UKIP. fancy that me taking part in elections in a political system i dont believe in. took the approach or notion of destroy from within.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

I doubt the bnp have many (if any) policy'sthe public could want. In any case, you're right, it has killed off its chances of being taken seriously.

The conservaties only seem to do things because they 'have to'. Funny that the people that always benefit are themselves.

I doubt the bnp have many (if any) policy'sthe public could want. In any case, you're right, it has killed off its chances of being taken seriously.

Actually, I posted their public manifesto on here a couple of years back. It didn't seem all that unreasonable. But what a party says to get into power and what they do when they have power are two completely different things altogether. With their track record I have no doubt it would be a truly horrible future with them in power.

Guido Fawkes.......Where are you when you're needed?

I can change my name if you can round up a couple of barrels of gunpowder,or do they use semtex these days ??,No point tho' as they'll all be swanning off for Xmas,and Westminster brings in lots of tourist dollars.
  • Like 1

A strange but true Fact is that people tend to vote for a party, because their Mum / Dad /Grandad has always voted that way, thats why we have various "strongholds", ie:- The North-East has always been a Labour fortress, The Southwest is mainly Lib/Dem ,the South-East Conservative. So in order to get a toehold the UKIP party have to really sell themselves as the up and coming opposition to Con/Labour ideals, and if they dont, well its back to normal. I wonder if Sedgefield Durham(staunch labour), have woken up to the fact that the Blair wolf is on the prowl again.

Actually, I posted their public manifesto on here a couple of years back. It didn't seem all that unreasonable. But what a party says to get into power and what they do when they have power are two completely different things altogether. With their track record I have no doubt it would be a truly horrible future with them in power.

It isnt unreasonable its exactly what the people want. However the people dont want those proposing to deliver it because the suspec a secret nazi agenda.

However the people dont want those proposing to deliver it because the suspec a secret nazi agenda.

And quite rightly too.

Edited by ExpandMyMind