Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Guidance from God

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    wanderer_

wanderer_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

The whole point of it all is living enough lives, for enought time, to become sick of it and surrender to God. If you choose to see this as something negative, then you're not ready yet. And that's fine. God is still working in your life, whether you realize it or not. However, realizing makes life a hell of a lot easier.

#17    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,142 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postwanderer_, on 07 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

The whole point of it all is living enough lives, for enought time, to become sick of it and surrender to God. If you choose to see this as something negative, then you're not ready yet. And that's fine. God is still working in your life, whether you realize it or not. However, realizing makes life a hell of a lot easier.

I will not surrender to a terrorist.

Drunk with blood..
Dangerous cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#18    wanderer_

wanderer_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 07 October 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I will not surrender to a terrorist.
You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. The thing about God is he's good, and he makes people happy. Anyone who chooses not to accept that is choosing a life devoid of true happiness. But hey, I can see I'm not going to convince you, and that's fine. I would encourage you to truly contemplate the matter rather than pulling out something I didn't even say to try to detract from my point. Find something good in it--something good to you. If you look at it as something negative, there is absolutely no way you can benefit from it. You really won't even entertain the notion?

#19    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,142 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postwanderer_, on 07 October 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

You really won't even entertain the notion?

No, I will not surrender to a terrorist.

Drunk with blood..
Dangerous cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#20    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 07 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

No, I will not surrender to a terrorist.

Me neither

#21    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. The thing about God is he's good, and he makes people happy. Anyone who chooses not to accept that is choosing a life devoid of true happiness. But hey, I can see I'm not going to convince you, and that's fine. I would encourage you to truly contemplate the matter rather than pulling out something I didn't even say to try to detract from my point. Find something good in it--something good to you. If you look at it as something negative, there is absolutely no way you can benefit from it. You really won't even entertain the notion?

And your god made people in Auschwitz happy? And if so, presumably it would have been the guards as I don't think the inmates were happy...

#22    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Greetings wanderer,
The issue with God pends on what concept of God one worships? What gives you the authority to speak on behalf of what God is? What leads you to believe God is good? If god is good by virtue doesn't god need to be evil as well to even know what good is? What text/s lead you to your God? If you follow an Abrahanic God, Allah, Satan, Genii, Odin Zeus whatever, isn't one worshipping the concept of the Gods of another person? And if you worship the God of another (ie Moses, Muhammed), aren't you by proxy worshipping that person (ie Moses, Jesus, Muhammed)? Why worship the concepts of another person? And since you state, "true happiness" what is "true happiness?"
This worship of Gods by "outter sources" instead of the God within is risky business.

SINcerely,
:devil:

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#23    wanderer_

wanderer_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 07 October 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

And your god made people in Auschwitz happy? And if so, presumably it would have been the guards as I don't think the inmates were happy...

Look, there is still evil in the world. I don't think there's anyone who can deny that. But opposite evil, is ultimate good. The fact of the matter is, evil is powerful, and even though God is more powerful, evil is faster, and in the current times, people will buy into it. "The gears of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small."

Maybe I'm not clear enough about my beliefs--I believe everything in the world is spiritual in nature. http://www.spiritual...e/purposeoflife This website upholds all that I have been saying. That is my holy text. I encourage you to explore it if you care to know more detail.

By looking at many religions, one is keeping an open mind. How can one deny or believe in something if they know nothing of it? And tell me, if you picked a devout Jewish man to compare to an equally as devout Muslim man, would you deny that both worship their respective deities with equal conviction? Who is to say that they both can't be right in their own respective ways?

And if you have to ask what happiness is, then you're severely over thinking it. You and everyone else here knows exactly what happiness is. However you may not know that there is happiness that comes from temporary things--immediate gratification, use your imagination here--and then there is lasting happiness, despite circumstances. Happiness, and ability to roll with the punches. That is spiritual happiness--happiness stemming from God. Ultimately, it's what every human being is seeking. And since we are all just the respective sums of our respective experiences, a single path couldn't possibly be right for every person. That's why there are many.

#24    ranrod

ranrod

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I am always surprised by responses like this.  What is the evidence that leads people to believe the Judeo-Christian god is good?  The OT surely paints a different picture.  Also, can't we achieve the same happiness on our own?  Additionally, if we could literally ask god to make us happy, would we? I wouldn't.  It's my life, my path, my choices that create happiness or sorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users