Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sacked Vatican Bankers Secret Dossier

Wandering

Interesting article I came across in todays newspaper. What interested me the most was his choice of words. "I've seen things in the Vatican that would frighten anyone.".

What would be frightening to a banker? Surely not any of the regular information that comes out of Vatican City like money laundering or nazism. Child abuse? Disgusting but not what I would call "frightening".

Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the subject.

Cheers

The former head of the Vatican bank compiled a secret dossier of compromising information about the Holy See because he feared for his life, it has been claimed.

In the latest twist in a scandal that has convulsed the papacy, Ettore Gotti Tedeschi reportedly gave copies of the documents to his closest confidants and told them: ''If I am killed, the reason for my death is in here. I've seen things in the Vatican that would frighten anyone.''

One of the documents was reportedly titled ''internal enemies'' and contained the names of senior clergy and powerful Italian politicians.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/vatican-banks-exboss-fears-for-his-life-20120608-201l8.html

edit: never mind, this thing sounds like the butler just hired bodyguards since he wants to protect his life. It may just be a very personal issue.

Edited by Mikko-kun

edit: never mind, this thing sounds like the butler just hired bodyguards since he wants to protect his life. It may just be a very personal issue.

He's not a butler, he's the former head of the Vatican bank. That is the kind of position not every Tom Dick and Harry can hold. Which makes it all the more interesting what he has done and said.

He's in the same position that Robert Calvi was if you have heard of him.

Robert Calvi:

At 7:30 AM on Friday 18 June 1982 a postman found his body hanging from scaffolding beneath Blackfriars Bridge on the edge of the financial district of London. Calvi's clothing was stuffed with bricks, and he was carrying around $15,000 worth of cash in three different currencies.

Calvi had been a member of Licio Gelli's illegal masonic lodge, P2, and members of P2 referred to themselves as frati neri or "black friars". This has led to a suggestion in some quarters that Calvi was murdered as a masonic warning because of symbolism associated with the word "Blackfriars".

Edited by Wandering

Interesting article I came across in todays newspaper. What interested me the most was his choice of words. "I've seen things in the Vatican that would frighten anyone.".

What would be frightening to a banker? Surely not any of the regular information that comes out of Vatican City like money laundering or nazism. Child abuse? Disgusting but not what I would call "frightening".

Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the subject.

Cheers

As the Vatican is its own country and as its inhabitants are likely Christain fundamentalists it wouldnt surprise me to find shocking rituals occuring behind closed doors. Lets not forget that the Bible does contain a lot of human sacrifice especially in the old testament. If they are 100% Christains it wouldnt surprise if theres all kinds of weird stuff going on at the Vatican.

It wouldnt surpirse me if they kidnap kids, sacrifice them and eat their flesh (yes thats in the Bible)

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

Nice, my reading comprehension is like this... yeah, heard of Calvi, but didn't remember he had the same position. I can remember there being at least suspects in his case, but I dont think they ever caught up with the root causes that led to his murder. I wonder whether it's money-laundry for who, or if it's the child-eating and killing case. Pretty anti-christian anyhow if you take church taxes from less rich and give them to rich. My bet is that the two other players of citystate-trio are involved: London and District of Columbia. There was a theory that claimed London to handle the flow of money, Columbia the governing and Vatican the religion. In that case, it might likely be religious dark budget funds or bribes or such, can be the same thing really.

Whatever the pattern, whether it's a grand conspiracy or just some blokes stealing from the big church vault, smells like it's done with pretty selfish interests in mind, if you need to resort to extortion and murder and such for them. Sensible individuals can always agree to truly unselfish reasons, I believe.

Juist being the devil's advocate, by saying it everywhere, the dude is setting himself up to all the conspiracy theorists who will want to find out what's on the papers

Certainly not the first time church members have been caught misbehaving, not at all. Personally, I don't see why they're given tax free status here in the US.

I find the notion of money laundering to be specious.

Juist being the devil's advocate, by saying it everywhere, the dude is setting himself up to all the conspiracy theorists who will want to find out what's on the papers

It's worked here then! ;)

I'd be frightened too if I was that guy.. Apparently his house got raided by the cops a few days ago and a whole bunch of documents were seized and the Vatican is already saying something about it.

http://www.sacbee.co...italy-over.html

We'll have to wait and see if he ends up hanging under a tree.

Well we all know the Catholic church is more than the genuflecting pontiff and a load of stuffy cardinals, they have been linked to arms dealing, money laundering, paedophilia to name but a few acts of sickness for centuries......I don't doubt that there is plenty of 'frightening' revelations held within the Vatican and its super secret archives...I believe much of it revolves around the accusations above....that is part of the reason why they have declared themselves an independent state, so they can control their own finances and have limited obligation to the Italian courts and government.

But there are those suggestions of the truth behind the bible, the lost gospel of Jesus, the Dead Sea scrolls mystery and other evidence that would throw Christianity into turmoil and other history shattering revelations....Would these not be termed as 'Frightening'?

• 2 weeks later...

Fascinating how much traction 911 has had.

Can you elaborate on what you meant by that?

Fascinating how much traction 911 has had.

I will second Wandering's question..... :blush: