Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Pyramids Found in Antarctica

chimaybliss

Can it be possible that Antarctica was once warm enough in the recent past to actually have had an ancient civilization living there? And even more perplexing is the question of if an advanced culture did develop there, are there any structures still remaining that are buried underneath the ice? Amazingly a team of researchers is making the claim that they have found evidence of several ancient pyramids on the ice covered continent of Antarctica.

So far, the team has not released much information on their discovery although a few pictures have been leaked on the internet recently. I will let you be the judge on if these pictures truly display artificial pyramids or just the rocky tops of mountains but the images are intriguing and definitely warrant further research in my opinion

Read more and see the pics here: http://goo.gl/zjujn

I saw this one documentery that did show the pyramid on Antarctica. I think it was called "Alien Versus Predator".

After looking at the site, I can 100% say these pyramids were built by the same hand as the Bosnian Pyramids.... Specifically, glaciation, plate techtonics, weather patterns, sedimentation, possibly vulcanism....

I do have to make the disclaimer that I think the Romans did have a hand in finishing up those Bosnian Pyramids so that the hills were flat on the side facing the valley. Yet, I don't think any Romans made it to Antactica.

My vote = Natural.

• Like 1

Antarctica was frozen long before homo sapiens evolved.

Just realized, it's the Great Race from Lovecraft!

Edited by Hasina

The question remains , was it homo sapiens that created these structures?

Could it be the common thread?

The oldest homo sapian fossil was found in Africa dated to about 160,000 years ago. Antarctica went into deep freeze about 34,000,000 years ago.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Considering the Antarctica was covered in ice for over 200,000 years, I doubt it:)

Edited by docyabut2

I agree with Hasina's assessment. Antarctica has been buried in ice literally for millions of years. The earliest appearance of Homo sapiens sapiens was possibly around 200,000 years ago, and in Africa. The math alone discounts any idea of "pyramids" in Antarctica, unless they were formed by natural means.

Accounts to the contrary can be taken as the typical fringe, half-baked, bull-flop found everywhere on the internet.

• Like 2

My point is this,is it inconcievable that earth could have been visited by extraterrestrial civlilisations in its distant past and left something,maybe many things as clues?

yes they sure do look like pyramids, but they also look like mountain tops. i'm betting they're natural formations

My point is this,is it inconcievable that earth could have been visited by extraterrestrial civlilisations in its distant past and left something,maybe many things as clues?

Again I must agree with Hasina. "Conceivable" and "factual" are two entirely different things. If there is no evidence for an idea, that idea cannot be regarded as a theory or an historical model.

possibly vulcanism....

What, Mister Spock's people?? I thought they had rules about that sort of thing.

• Like 1

The historical model you refer to is all around you.

The penguins studied those ancient Antarctican pyramids and are now building floating copies:

DSCF3547.JPG

• Like 5

Antarctica was frozen long before homo sapiens evolved.

Just realized, it's the Great Race from Lovecraft!

You mean the Old Ones. The Great Race of Yith was in Australia.

You mean the Old Ones. The Great Race of Yith was in Australia.

bloody ilegal immigrants, coming here and stealing jobs from hard working Australian gods.

• Like 1

It's not always wise to take a quick look and dismiss things outright.

"In 2001, the oldest town in South America was officially announced. Dating to 2600 BC, it pushed back the date for the “first town” with one millennium. What is even more intriguing, is that the town of Caral has pyramids, contemporary with the Egyptian Pyramid Era."

The Caral Pyramids, before excavation, looked like ordinary dirt mounds. Video.

So you want to point out to me that there's a huge time-frame difference between the Antarctica and Caral. Fair enough. I'm just sayin' that it's not always wise to dismiss things outright. We don't know with any absolute certainty what our human past entailed. If it turns out that the formations in Antarctica are pyramids, we'll have to re-write history. If it turns out they're rock formations, then I think nature did a mighty fine job at making them perfect.

We think mankind is so-many-years-old... based on what's been discovered so far. That's not necessarily the end of the story. I think there's a lot more waiting to be found.

Keep an open mind and see what happens.

Edited by Winter Summer

I will let you be the judge on if these pictures truly display artificial pyramids or just the rocky tops of mountains but the images are intriguing and definitely warrant further research in my opinion

Read more and see the pics here: http://goo.gl/zjujn

You can see one of the pyramids here too: http://www.mountainguides.com/wordpress/2010/12/01/vinson-antarctica/vinson-team-at-camp-1-2/

I'm reminded of what "Johnny" says on the movie "Airplane" when asked "What can you make of this?"

Get some close-up pictures; then we'll discuss. In the mean time it could be a hat or a broach or a teradactyl..........

All these photos have been shot from a certain angle, just to hide the fact they were part of a mountain range.

And yes, Hasina, I agree, glacial flow is able to smoothly reshape some mountain into something very geometrical.

It takes millennia, and that long these glaciers have been busy.

Edited by Abramelin