Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm Probably Crazy, but....

Cc1

Hi, my name's... Brenna (I think it would be too obvious for my friends if I said my real name, so this one is fake)! I'm probably just being crazy but I want to post this anyways, so here I go! I've always had this feeling that I didn't belong, though I tried so hard. My friends (who are amazing) deemed me a different species, which I sounded like. I can make... different noises. It takes me longer to get cold, but heat my crazy ex-boyfriend that I keep going back to. I can withstand seeing violence, but not with innocent beings (*feeling the need to specify* most human children, animals, plants, etc...). I act like a mix of species (usually without intending to) sometimes: snarling, biting, growling, even scratching (but only playing, it hasn't done anything to hurt my social status or anything). Humans confuse me sometimes. If you saw me in class, you'd probably see someone who is "simple" or has mild autism. Probably crazy, but I just feel like sharing! Thanks and congrats for making it this far!!!

• Like 1

Hi, my name's... Brenna (I think it would be too obvious for my friends if I said my real name, so this one is fake)! I'm probably just being crazy but I want to post this anyways, so here I go! I've always had this feeling that I didn't belong, though I tried so hard. My friends (who are amazing) deemed me a different species, which I sounded like. I can make... different noises. It takes me longer to get cold, but heat my crazy ex-boyfriend that I keep going back to. I can withstand seeing violence, but not with innocent beings (*feeling the need to specify* most human children, animals, plants, etc...). I act like a mix of species (usually without intending to) sometimes: snarling, biting, growling, even scratching (but only playing, it hasn't done anything to hurt my social status or anything). Humans confuse me sometimes. If you saw me in class, you'd probably see someone who is "simple" or has mild autism. Probably crazy, but I just feel like sharing! Thanks and congrats for making it this far!!!

Being a teenager is when you trying to create your identity. You try to experiment to see what you like and don't like. Life is what you make it, You are not an alien or a subspecie, sorry

• Like 4

Humans are terribly confusing.

Just throwing this out there, it sounds like a term I read about once on the internet somewhere. I think it was Otherkin? Therianthropy? Something like that. I think it's people who act like animals, not too sure. But you mentioned biting and stuff, so... Check it out, if you want :P

• Like 1

Maybe you've read the Twilight series one too many times?

And the lesson we learned from that....well...I don't think there was anything to learn.

It's life, growing up. This too shall pass.

• Like 3

One of these days an animal/human hybrid is gonna show up.

we'll all feel like jerks then

but_it_is_not_this_day_by_assholekaibaplz-d5vtwfh.gif

• Like 5

You sound like me when it comes to witnessing violence. I can't even watch or read fictional works where animals or kids die most of the time. You seem very empathetic and are questioning your identity which is quite normal for your age. I've always felt like I never belonged as well. It doesn't mean you're not human. I think everyone feels different because each human is a unique and wonderful creation. I say embrace your individuality. :)

I can also provide more insight on Otherkin as I saw it mentioned in a reply on here. It's a new phenomena where people identify with other animals, supernatural beings, and even inanimate objects. They believe they have the soul of another being like a wolf, vampire, or android. I have conflicting beliefs on this as I do believe in the cycle of reincarnation and different dimensions but at the same time I believe a lot of these so called Otherkin may suffer from various mental disorders. Also, some people claim they are simply because they want to be or to be "cool". I would suggest distancing oneself from that term. Though I guess anything is possible. Jus food for thought.

• Like 1

Best of luck for you in your life. This IS a crazy world, it doesn't mean you are.

• Like 4

buc. .. buc . . .. bucKAWK! (scratchscratchscratch)

Welcome! Cc1 :)

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

Do what you think is best. Trial and error have unpredictable outcomes, happy ones too though you'll probably stumble a lot like most of us I'd imagine. At least I did. Man... you really never stop making mistakes anyhow, but when you grow up you might become better at denying your own mistakes and being like "I'm soooo perfect". Dont let that happen to you, enjoy your little quirks.

• Like 1

buc. .. buc . . .. bucKAWK! (scratchscratchscratch)

Welcome! Cc1 :)

Thus spake the were-Anzu-wyliei.

So let's say, just for fun, that you are indeed not truly fully human. Do you have any idea of you might be?

But I consider myself 100% human, and frequently communicate through growling, am confused by humans, strongly dislike violence against innocents, and am quite happy in the cold. As long as your friends accept it, you might as well enjoy it.

• Like 2

Give yourself 10 or 15 years and you'll forget all about this. Or you'll become a metal head. Whichever.

• Like 3

The fact that you question yourself makes you human, my dear. You aren't of 'a different species'. Besides, like some people who'd already commented in this thread, everyone is unique.

My profile quote questions your question.

Edited by pallorprofile
  • Like 2

Interesting that you mention mild autism cause all the things in your post you said you do etc.. were all aspergers things.

eg many people with aspergers do not feel like cold, making strange noises, being confused by others, feeling out of place or like one doesnt belong (actually the biggest aspergers forum online due to that is called "wrong planet") are all Aspergers traits.

• Like 2

I don't try, it just happens. I'm probably not that kind of different, but I'd like to wonder.

Thank you to those who've helped!!!

• 3 weeks later...