Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Sub discovers signs of legendary Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,775 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 May 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Oh dear me ... I didn't realise ... I beg your forgiveness ... I shall lay prostrate before thee and kiss your little toe if I may be permitted to ...
Hail my Priestess //

Will my Priestess be requiring the dancing boys for the night ?

:nw:

LOL, good heavens, are you him?
Let's get back to the way it was at Atlantis, right?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#122    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,957 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 18 May 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

LOL, good heavens, are you him?
Let's get back to the way it was at Atlantis, right?

As you wish my Priestess ... the dancing boys shall now retire to their previous state ....

Posted Image

"such a pity, I was looking forward to some dancing...."
"shuddup ... you want to be cursed for another 1300 years ?? "

~edit : keyboard plink instead of plonk

Edited by third_eye, 18 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#123    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,056 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostProclus, on 18 May 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Ssssssshhht! Don't tell it loudly! Harte shows his pseudo-scientific streak ... :-)

Proclius...Harte is actually posting phenomena that both actually occur and that fit the very definitions you provide.

Since he posted an example of what happens when "water rises", I'll show an example of what happens when something "sinks or is swallowed into the Earth" (as opposed to "land sinking"):

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Incidentally, while there are no cases of liquifaction resulting in "land rising", there are plenty of examples of earthquakes causing land to rise:

The ground just lifted into the air...

Means you haven't understood it. Sad.

Proclius, you haven't garnered sufficient credibility to be condescending (Third Eye wasn't posting that image in support of yourself).

The simple fact of the matter is that getting you to post support (let alone evidence) for anything you claim is like pulling teeth, and when you finally do post something, it simply does not support what you are claiming.  In this particular case, we have a description of Timaeus that you yourself posted describing exactly what is known today as liquefaction, and yet you imply that it actually supports something that has never been evidence to occur (the Biblical Flood).

This is a discussion board, Proclius.  It takes absolutely no effort for people to click back to previous pages and see that Harte continually provides credible links to any claim he makes, while your claims not only rarely have links, the ones that do appear tend to not be valid or, on more than one occasion, even relevant.

If this is merely a thought exercise for you, fine, it's entertainment at a minimum.  If, however, you are attempting to push this as some sort of scientific research, be aware, you are not showing yourself to be credible.

#124    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,957 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 18 May 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

~snip

Proclius, you haven't garnered sufficient credibility to be condescending (Third Eye wasn't posting that image in support of yourself).

~snip

I just didn't know how to break it to Proclius gently ..... :tu:

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#125    Proclus

Proclus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

• Academic approaches towards Atlantis as a real place!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

@aquatus1:

1. My nick name is not Proclius but Proclus. Thanks for reading more carefully next time. It could help increase your credibility.

2. Harte failed totally in showing any description of liquefaction in Plato's Timaeus or any other ancient text. Plato *explicitly* talks of rain washing down the earth from the hills in case of primeval Athens and all other cases of cyclically repeating "flood catastrophes". Liquefaction by earthquakes is *not* explicitly mentioned. This is an *implicit* conclusion by Harte. As well as all other more or less pseudo-scientific conclusions as tsunamis, volcano eruptions, comet impacts, etc. Plato *explicitly* only talks of earthquakes (Atlantis) and rain-driven floods (primeval Athens). I even gave a scientific source, Eberhard Zangger.

3. Modern knowledge on liquefaction is worthless. Delete all your pictures. They are of no use. What is needed is a proof in ancient texts.

4. This is a discussion forum. If you cannot provide evidence, then leave.

5. aquatus1: "and yet you imply that it actually supports something that has never been evidence to occur (the Biblical Flood)."

Huh?! The biblical flood is a myth! I am surely allowed to quote myself: "However, it must be noted that the Epic of Gilgamesh as well as the Bible provide only vague information, so that no correspondance to a real event can be determined with certainty."
http://www.atlantis-...antis_bible.htm

> It takes absolutely no effort for people to click back to previous pages and see
> that Harte continually provides credible links to any claim he makes,

You think so?

> If, however, you are attempting to push this as some sort of scientific research,
> be aware, you are not showing yourself to be credible.

Scientific research is not done in internet forums.
Strange idea.

PS: For the sake of peace it is time to leave - for me.

_

Edited by Proclus, 19 May 2013 - 12:48 AM.

Academic approaches towards Atlantis as a real place: www.Atlantis-Scout.de!

#126    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,120 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Plato - Athens
Now the city in those days was arranged on this wise. In the first place the Acropolis was not as now. For the fact is that a single night of excessive rain washed away the earth and laid bare the rock; at the same time there were earthquakes, and then occurred the extraordinary inundation, which was the third before the great destruction of Deucalion.The consequence is, that in comparison of what then was, there are remaining only the bones of the wasted body, as they may be called, as in the case of small islands, all the richer and softer parts of the soil having fallen away, and the mere skeleton of the land being left.

(To me the priest is explaining how Athen `s soil was wash away and its land laid bare in its history, however at a later time in history in a war Atlantis was affected in the same like manner.)

Plato

But at a later time there occurred portentous earthquakes and floods, and one grievous day and night befell them, when the whole body of your warriors was swallowed up by the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner was swallowed up by the sea and vanished; wherefore also the sea at that spot has now become impassable and unsearchable, being blocked up by the shoal mud which the island created as it settled down.

#127    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,692 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 May 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

here we go ........ who want a cup of tea ?
This neglects the 3rd option. Have arguements for no reason but for Entertainment value. I almost never get ticked off because I just really don't care enough. I just find it fun to post here.....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#128    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,692 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 18 May 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

This is a discussion board, Proclius.  It takes absolutely no effort for people to click back to previous pages and see that Harte continually provides credible links to any claim he makes, while your claims not only rarely have links, the ones that do appear tend to not be valid or, on more than one occasion, even relevant.
Aquatus, your previous life as a Mod is showing....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#129    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,957 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 May 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

This neglects the 3rd option. Have arguements for no reason but for Entertainment value. I almost never get ticked off because I just really don't care enough. I just find it fun to post here.....

Alas .. but don;t we all ... :lol:

Posted Image

'

#130    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,056 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Aquatus, your previous life as a Mod is showing....

Let the record show that any accusations of abusing my Modhood to arrogantly claim others are wrong are henceforth null and void;  My arrogance come from deep within myself.

#131    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,957 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 May 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Let the record show that any accusations of abusing my Modhood to arrogantly claim others are wrong are henceforth null and void;  My arrogance come from deep within myself.

Please refer to post #129 above

:tu:

'

#132    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,758 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 May 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

I know that arrogance myself.

In fact, I embrace it.  It's just too powerful for me to fight it.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#133    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,692 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

So much humbleness... I'm shocked... NOT!!!

#134    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,056 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

What are you talking about, Diechecker?  I'm the humblest person here.  Probably the humblest person in the world.  Heck, maybe even the universe.

#135    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Why does this have anything to do with Atlantis..? The article itself says that Atlantis supposedly sank into the ocean 12 000 years ago, yet they claim these sank into the sea tens of millions of years ago... It seems logical to put these two together, right... :rolleyes:

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users