Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COLDNESS

CASTOR

Where i go to college there is a graveyard that we like to go to once and a while to give ourselves a little scare. the last time we went we parked our car outside the gates(which are just a chair that is draped across the road) and were just standing around outside the gate talking. i remind you that there are no walls, no big graves or anything to create a barrier to block the wind or anything like that. we step about 3 feet into the graveyard and the temp. drop had to be at least 5 degrees. we even stepped in and out to make sure it wasnt just our imagination. i was a little freaked out. im not saying it had anything to do with ghosts, it probably didnt, but my question is, do ghosts like it cold? are they feeding off of the warth? i just dont understand. please comment on my story and my questions. thank you.

CASTOR

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Saru

• Althalus

• CASTOR

Perhaps spirits somehow absorb heat energy in order to manifest themselves, that may explain why there are coldspots in some locations thought to be haunted, such as graveyards and houses that are prone to poltergeist activity.

saruman, thats a good theory, the ghost would take the heat out of the room to manifest, cos the heat is a natural source of energy and it would presumably take a lot of energy to manifest.

it would be interesting to see if the warmer the original temperature of the house, room, whatever the stronger the haunting.

Saruman hit the nail on the head.

It is common belief among paranormal investigators and researchers, as well as among

mediums and spiritualists that manifestations of spirits draw their energy from the

surrounding environment, be that: heat energy, emotional energy, electrical energy

etc.

Cold spots without apparent cause are thought to be locations where spirits draw

their energy.

Interestingly enough, the cold spot doesn't have to be in the exact same location as

the manifestation, but is usually not too far away.

Spooky.

huh.gif

Cold...Is the feeling of death. You always hear (on t.v. and such) that if someone's

dying, they get really cold. I can agree with you guys about the spirits drawing

energy from heat, but I also have a theory of my own. Warmth is always seen as an

essence of life, since everything needs warmth to live. People also see warmth in an

emotional way. A warm hearted person is likely to do good things. A cold hearted

person is likely to be cruel and unforgiving. And one more thing, warmth is a

comforting feeling. My point, some ghosts mourn their deaths and fear that they will

never again feel the warmth of a living being. So to simulate it and draw power,

they absorb the heat around them. This is the cold, threatening feeling we get when

in the presence of some ghosts.

They have no bodies (Physical Bodies) so they cannot hold heat and like Saruman's theory :

Perhaps spirits somehow absorb heat energy in order to manifest themselves, that may explain why there are coldspots in some locations thought to be haunted, such as graveyards and houses that are prone to poltergeist activity.
By the way, thats a great theory, Saruman! Same with Loonboy! I would've never thought of that!