Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question for Evolutonists

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#31    DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• *something profound*

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:53 AM

Um, what does love and morality have to do with evolution

Evolutionists say God doesn't exist because no one can proove He exists. Well, no one can really proove love exists, nor morality, but it is there (isn't it?). I am just curious why evolutionists believe love and morality exists and not God. I should not have started this thread.

Creationists: You're wrong!
Evolutionists: You're wrong!

I should of forseen this.
*get's some candy and frolics in the meadow*

Go Home
People don't know why I am called Strangelove.
"By Deus! It's Full of stars!"
-Hal-Man (3001: The Final Odyssey)

#32    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 23 March 2004 - 03:26 AM

Actually STYX I was referring to GOD, when I said that comment.  Yes the theory that you posed, is one that was very probable.

DrStrangelove
Evolutionists say God doesn't exist because no one can proove He exists

That is incorrect.  We simply can't fit God into the equation, because at that point all the research and sciences become null.  Because the answer is God did it.  So what's the point in expanding our knowledge and exploration if we already know what the answer is.  Like I've said before, if in the end all the evidence points back to some intelligent being(without a doubt) then that will be the end.  But so far, we've been able to explain a lot of things without having to say, "God did it" or anything that points in that direction.  

Love and morality are words, that we simply use to describe chemical reactions or instinct.  The difference between these reactions and God.  Is that we can see, and feel them.  We cannot see or feel God.  Although some people may argue against this, however they can't provide any evidence that the rest of us humans can understand.

"All lies Lead to the Truth" - XFiles
"Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer, is my distaste for manual labor." - Dilbert

Posted Image

#33    Druidus

Druidus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    - Einstein

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:17 AM

I understand that Evolution supposedly took mult- thousands of years; but how does simply adding a few zero's change anything? After all it is like taking the Fairytale about the frog being changed into a prince; we all know it is impossible. But Lets say perhaps that every day a princess kissed a frog for several million years, would the frog over time gradually change into a prince? It seems such a change would be benificial, right? After all, it would be a more directed chance than a piece of dirt becoming a living thing.

Oh my god!  That is the funniest thing I ever read!  LOL!  Maybe if she was genetically compatible with the frog and they somehow had intercourse, and their descendants had intercourse with other humans, then they might become human-like.  That is a very stupid analogy.  Why is it impossible?  You know you have DNA (Dioxyribo Nucleic Acid) right?  And you know that when you have a child through conventional means that child has fifty percent of DNA and fifty percent of the person you had it with.  Therefore the child is different.  You know that mutations can happen any time in your body.  You may be having them right now!  Most are neither beneficial or malignant, but some are.  If your child gets the fifty percent of your DNA that has the mutation, it has a chance to have that mutation as an active mutation.  If he\she mates with a person who has the same mutation then it is passed on, usually.  Over millions of years these mutations add up to create new species.  In labs scientists have seen that viruses evolve very fast.  Sometimes in years.  Explain the many different Flu viruses.  They change!  Why can't you except the most likely truth?  I believe we were created with evolution in mind.  We are an ongoing experiment by the Gods.

and since life started in the ocean it is not hard to assume this beacause water covers 60 or 70 percent of this planet therefore it is the biggest target for 'DNA projectiles'

Actually there is some evidence that life could have started in volcanos on land.

Edited by Druidus, 23 March 2004 - 05:25 AM.

~~~Official Giver of Fishysticks~~~

"Anarchy is not chaos, but order without control."  

"Eudaemonia is not merely anarchy, but life without need."

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: "It's always been done that way."

My Psionics forum -  http://s7.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#34    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:07 AM

Although some people may argue against this, however they can't provide any evidence that the rest of us humans can understand.

Actualy.. I'm afraid that evolutionists cannot provide any evidence that creationists can understand as well.

No transitional!

Yes there is.. look...

... no transitional!!

disgust.gif  wacko.gif  gunsmilie.gif  disgusted.gif  po.gif  po.gif  w00t.gif  crying.gif  

#35    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,093 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

Heck, technically, all fossils are transitional.

#36    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (aquatus1 @ Mar 23 2004, 04:47 PM)
Heck, technically, all fossils are transitional.

But it is not something that creationists can understand. wink2.gif

#37    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,093 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:49 AM

True enough  ;-)

#38    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

• It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Posted 25 March 2004 - 04:06 AM

Goto the A Question for Creationists thread for the other side of the argument.

#39    DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• *something profound*

Posted 25 March 2004 - 04:38 AM

Will do.

Go Home
People don't know why I am called Strangelove.
"By Deus! It's Full of stars!"
-Hal-Man (3001: The Final Odyssey)

#40    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:05 PM

Please discuss further in the already existing Evolution vs Creationism thread.

Thank you. thumbsup.gif

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users