Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Is antimatter the key to anti-gravity ?


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 29,064 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 02 May 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:



What if the material being taught is true to the best of the worlds knowledge though?
Maybe a small group employed by the Govt have discovered something and they are keeping it under wraps, they would be the only people who would know the truth.
I dont think that would discredit hardc working folks such as yourself for trying to advance the science.
It would just be a real disservice to people such as yourself for letting you waste your time going in a direction that wont result in any advances.
I wouldnt be surprised though if the govt didnt know something that they were hiding.
Good luck in your research though, i would love to see some new advancements in physics.

Your almost correct.  The military is about twenty years ahead of us.  They invented the iternet in the fifties and allowed universitier on it in the sixties and everyone else in the eighties.  In 1983, I saw a wearhous full of lap tops.  The  next gen of communcation.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,801 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 03 May 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

*cough*BS*cough*

It must be nice to live in a world where the imagination rules and reality is in the back seat......

Cheers,
Badeskov

I thought we weren't supposed to make fun of people or their posts. Are you exempt from the rules? If so, can I be too? How do you get to a position to ignore the rules?
I once sat next to a young man on a plane who carried on a very interesting conversation with me. He was going to meet his mentor at Los Alamos, where he was starting to work. He said that she said that "if we can imagine it, we now have the technology to make it happen." We talked about time-travel. But we could just have easily talked about anti-gravity.

The ridicule factor you presented does not shut me up. It just makes me realize that you want me and others to believe something other than what I wrote.

Edited by regeneratia, 03 May 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#18    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 29,064 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 May 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:



I thought we weren't supposed to make fun of people or their posts. Are you exempt from the rules? If so, can I be too? How do you get to a position to ignore the rules?
I once sat next to a young man on a plane who carried on a very interesting conversation with me. He was going to meet his mentor at Los Alamos, where he was starting to work. He said that she said that "if we can imagine it, we now have the technology to make it happen." We talked about time-travel. But we could just have easily talked about anti-gravity.

The ridicule factor you presented does not shut me up. It just makes me realize that you want me and others to believe something other than what I wrote.

The ancient greeks had all the parts to make a steam engine.  They just didn't know how to put it together.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,801 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postdanielost, on 03 May 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

The ancient greeks had all the parts to make a steam engine.  They just didn't know how to put it together.

I am sure from  your perspective, that would be the case. do you know anything about los alamos? better search for info about it. meanwhile i have alerts set for it and see the news on it as it comes in.

Edited by regeneratia, 03 May 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#20    Calle

Calle

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden

  • Everyone but few seeks Perfection, the few that does not seek it knows that perfection is impossible, because perfection is unachievable

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Antimatter is solution of our most problems :), Ect reaching march quicker than months


#21    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 29,064 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 May 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:



I am sure from  your perspective, that would be the case. do you know anything about los alamos? better search for info about it. meanwhile i have alerts set for it and see the news on it as it comes in.

Don't know what a modern lab has to do with long dead greeks.  But, maybe you should have read both of my posts.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#22    gOOgLer

gOOgLer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined:02 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Croatia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Antimatter is not key to anti-gravity, it is the key to anti matterialisam. :-)


#23    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 May 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

I once sat next to a young man on a plane who carried on a very interesting conversation with me. He was going to meet his mentor at Los Alamos, where he was starting to work. He said that she said that "if we can imagine it, we now have the technology to make it happen." We talked about time-travel. But we could just have easily talked about anti-gravity.


Talking about it is one thing, having reliably functioning devices is another.

I don't want to ridicule you for your beliefs, since I also form perceptions based on my beliefs.

I believe that no human agency has operating antigravity devices.

I believe this because the only theoretical way that antigravity could operate is by something that has a negative gravitational mass. In the last 80 years of high energy collider experiments, advanced optical, X-ray, radio telescopes (etc.) looking into the cosmos, and studies of advanced new materials exposed to extreme temperatures, magnetic fields, electric fields, and pressures we have never seen any clear evidence of negative gravitational mass, or any kind of other force coupling to gravity (electrogravitics in particular).

Does the military, or any other secretive well-funded agency, have access to advanced prototypes? Undoubtably.

Are there prototype aircraft that can perform mindboggling aerial acrobatic maneuvers? Why not.

Even the briefest look into the animal world shows us that insects and birds are capable of all kinds of insane aerial maneuvers - so building an aircraft to do these is just a matter of refining the materials, propulsion systems, and aircraft geometry.

It is clearly possible for something to fly like a dragonfly (for example), because obviously dragonflies exist and can do it. Whether or not we have the technology to build an aircraft that can fly like that is debatable, but the design basically comes down to materials with a strength to weight ratio of x, and a propulsion system with a thrust to weight ratio of y, etc. and designing systems that fit those requirements.

I believe that a true antigravity device large enough to be of practical use would require either:

  • A large quantity of stable exotic matter (something negative mass and/or negative energy), that has never been conclusively observed or is normally too unstable to test, or
  • A method of generating a fundamental force without using the coupling constant normally responsible for that force.


For example, if antimatter exerts negative gravity, then your antigravity vehicle will have to be 50% antimatter (by absolute mass) to be able to ``float'' (i.e. have a null total gravitational influence).

Of course we all know that if antimatter ever touches regular matter, they will both annihilate in a shower of gamma rays (which represents a pretty catastrophic failure), so out of the 50% regular matter portion of your craft you are going to need to have a large portion be some sort of magnetic vacuum confinement apparatus.  

Basically, I believe it is very improbable that some shadowy agency has working antigravity devices when no civilian agency has ever been able to reliably confirm that antigravity is even possible.

I justify my beliefs from my experience and training, and also conversations over drinks with other scientists. I (regrettably) have not yet had the opportunity to visit Los Alamos, but I do have security clearance for the Berkeley Lab (and visit there more than once a year), I used to have clearance for SLAC (haven't been there in a few years though). I also have some good friends from the Argonne Lab.


#24    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,801 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postdanielost, on 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Don't know what a modern lab has to do with long dead greeks.  But, maybe you should have read both of my posts.

really, you have to think past what I write, Danilost. Seems you just don't do that.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#25    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,801 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

I believe that there is already invented antigravity devices and that they are currently being used somewhere in the world.


View Postsepulchrave, on 04 May 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

[/size]

Talking about it is one thing, having reliably functioning devices is another.

I don't want to ridicule you for your beliefs, since I also form perceptions based on my beliefs.

I believe that no human agency has operating antigravity devices.

I believe this because the only theoretical way that antigravity could operate is by something that has a negative gravitational mass. In the last 80 years of high energy collider experiments, advanced optical, X-ray, radio telescopes (etc.) looking into the cosmos, and studies of advanced new materials exposed to extreme temperatures, magnetic fields, electric fields, and pressures we have never seen any clear evidence of negative gravitational mass, or any kind of other force coupling to gravity (electrogravitics in particular).

Does the military, or any other secretive well-funded agency, have access to advanced prototypes? Undoubtably.

Are there prototype aircraft that can perform mindboggling aerial acrobatic maneuvers? Why not.

Even the briefest look into the animal world shows us that insects and birds are capable of all kinds of insane aerial maneuvers - so building an aircraft to do these is just a matter of refining the materials, propulsion systems, and aircraft geometry.

It is clearly possible for something to fly like a dragonfly (for example), because obviously dragonflies exist and can do it. Whether or not we have the technology to build an aircraft that can fly like that is debatable, but the design basically comes down to materials with a strength to weight ratio of x, and a propulsion system with a thrust to weight ratio of y, etc. and designing systems that fit those requirements.

I believe that a true antigravity device large enough to be of practical use would require either:
  • A large quantity of stable exotic matter (something negative mass and/or negative energy), that has never been conclusively observed or is normally too unstable to test, or
  • A method of generating a fundamental force without using the coupling constant normally responsible for that force.

For example, if antimatter exerts negative gravity, then your antigravity vehicle will have to be 50% antimatter (by absolute mass) to be able to ``float'' (i.e. have a null total gravitational influence).

Of course we all know that if antimatter ever touches regular matter, they will both annihilate in a shower of gamma rays (which represents a pretty catastrophic failure), so out of the 50% regular matter portion of your craft you are going to need to have a large portion be some sort of magnetic vacuum confinement apparatus.  

Basically, I believe it is very improbable that some shadowy agency has working antigravity devices when no civilian agency has ever been able to reliably confirm that antigravity is even possible.

I justify my beliefs from my experience and training, and also conversations over drinks with other scientists. I (regrettably) have not yet had the opportunity to visit Los Alamos, but I do have security clearance for the Berkeley Lab (and visit there more than once a year), I used to have clearance for SLAC (haven't been there in a few years though). I also have some good friends from the Argonne Lab.


Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#26    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 29,064 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 09 May 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:



really, you have to think past what I write, Danilost. Seems you just don't do that.

Maybe, you should have read what I wrote.  The national lab is learning how to put things together that we don't currently know how to put together.  When they figuare it out, they give it to the government who work out some of the bugs and then give toi industry to produce.  For instance, before ww2 the united states military were the first ones to play with jets.  But, we didn't use them during the war.  Because we dihdn't feel the were ready.  Toward the end of the war, the germans ptoduced the first line of jets on the planet, ie mass produced them.   How ever we americans had just introduced the p49 which could keep up with the german jets long enough to shot them down.  So , we didn't use our jets.  Which were ready to be used.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#27    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 12,997 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostWickian, on 01 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Doesn't anti-matter cause matter and itself to blink out of existence if they come into contact?  Not very practical or safe to use on a matter-planet filled with matter-people.
They do much worse than that; they annihilate each other in a burst of gamma radiation.


#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 12,997 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

We have antigravity devices now: rockets, helicopters, hot air and lighter than air balloons, good ol' mountain climbing equipment.  What I think is being dreamt is something that lifts us against gravity without needing a lot of work.


#29    Wickian

Wickian

    Doppelganger

  • Member
  • 3,780 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 May 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

We have antigravity devices now: rockets, helicopters, hot air and lighter than air balloons, good ol' mountain climbing equipment.  What I think is being dreamt is something that lifts us against gravity without needing a lot of work.

You mean defying gravity without thrust?

The best gravity joke ever.


#30    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,801 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postdanielost, on 10 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Maybe, you should have read what I wrote.  The national lab is learning how to put things together that we don't currently know how to put together.  When they figuare it out, they give it to the government who work out some of the bugs and then give toi industry to produce.  For instance, before ww2 the united states military were the first ones to play with jets.  But, we didn't use them during the war.  Because we dihdn't feel the were ready.  Toward the end of the war, the germans ptoduced the first line of jets on the planet, ie mass produced them.   How ever we americans had just introduced the p49 which could keep up with the german jets long enough to shot them down.  So , we didn't use our jets.  Which were ready to be used.

Yes, I am sure that is your understanding. But it is not mine.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users