Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

a new problem with obamacare

danielost

a year ago i lost one of my doctors. this time medicaid had me removed from an insulin that worked to one that doesn't work but it is cheaper.

i learned today that their doing that for all meds. going with the cheaper option. doctors don't have a choice but to sign off on it.

• Like 1

My mother suffers from a neurological disorder. While she has insurance for her pain medicines and nerve targeting prescriptions, she actually has to fight for the right of disability. She can't drive. She can't even fold socks without it feeling like someone is shoving needles into her hands. All the doctor has to do is fax her information related to work and her conditions to an office dealing with her company-provided disability.

Guess this doesn't do much with the topic at hand. I just ******* hate doctors. One dog hair away from storming into the office myself and flipping into grizzly mode until something gets done.

• Like 5

a year ago i lost one of my doctors. this time medicaid had me removed from an insulin that worked to one that doesn't work but it is cheaper.

i learned today that their doing that for all meds. going with the cheaper option. doctors don't have a choice but to sign off on it.

Have you ever talked with an natural health person ? If not, you ought to look for one in your area. Look for a health food store and talk to them.

I'm not suggesting to simply drop all forms of meds you need to survive right now , but I am suggesting that people ought to look into natural healings...

• Like 2

My mother suffers from a neurological disorder. While she has insurance for her pain medicines and nerve targeting prescriptions, she actually has to fight for the right of disability. She can't drive. She can't even fold socks without it feeling like someone is shoving needles into her hands. All the doctor has to do is fax her information related to work and her conditions to an office dealing with her company-provided disability.

Guess this doesn't do much with the topic at hand. I just ******* hate doctors. One dog hair away from storming into the office myself and flipping into grizzly mode until something gets done.

Nah , don't do that. Of course you Love your Mom, but that would only make matters more worse.

Have you looked into natural healings? If not , you ought to find a really nice health food store and talk to them. They know everything about everything. Maybe there's something that can really help...

Not to get off topic, but has the existence of the "death panels" been confirmed? I remember all the Obama sycophants vehemently denying their existence....

eta: maybe I should have started a new thread for that, sorry....

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

Not to get off topic, but has the existence of the "death panels" been confirmed? I remember all the Obama sycophants vehemently denying their existence....

no, i wa going to mention the death panels too.

• Like 1

So creepy right... Fear not though...

• Like 1

has the existence of the "death panels" been confirmed?

I don't think so, but that doesn't mean it's not true. I am no longer surprised with what our government says or does. It has proven to me it's capable of doing anything.

• Like 2

Not to sound cruel, but I always felt that government aid should be the minimum aid needed to help people that couldn't take care of themselves not the best and most costly available. This in part to encourage them to wean themselves from it eventually.

• Like 3

Not to sound cruel, but I always felt that government aid should be the minimum aid needed to help people that couldn't take care of themselves not the best and most costly available. This in part to encourage them to wean themselves from it eventually.

and if that aid isn't doijng its job. no one reacts the same way to any meds. this insulin may work for otthers. but i have been told that others in this nurseing home has voiced the samething as i have.

• Like 1

yes it does. they cut medicare/caid to pay for obamacare. besides the insurance companies have to cut prices to pay for their part in obamacare.

Most of the excess costs are linked to doctors having to practice legally defensible medical protocols. If there is ANYTHING that might have helped and they didn't try it then they are open to lawsuit. My guess is that Obamacare ( a reformed medical system anyway) might actually have been a good thing had it incorporated legal reforms as well. As it is, doctors still have every incentive to do everything for each patient to avoid being sued. It is an unsupportable system long term.
  • Like 1

I agree. The US is sue crazy compared to the rest of the world.

I once heard that the top 3 money making professions in America are drugs, prostitution and lawyers.

Those decisions are made by individual state governments. Technically, under federal law state Medicaid programs don't have to offer a pharmacy benefit at all, they just choose to.

Those decisions are made by individual state governments. Technically, under federal law state Medicaid programs don't have to offer a pharmacy benefit at all, they just choose to.

they might be decided by the states. but, it was obama who cut funds to medicare/caid to pay for obamacare. where did you think all those savings for medicare/caid was going to come from. in this case the death of disabled americans.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

I get what you're saying . I think that , no matter what , a Dr. should always provide the necessary care to help anyone in need at whatever time. Though, I do not approve of the misuse of the healthcare system , such as one aspirin or Tylenol cost something like $80. if provided by a hospital .

My point is that , some people on whatever care they have don't even realize or maybe they don't even care because they are accustomed to a certain way of thinking , such as the gov. will flip that bill for them. Which is not so.

I think a lot of people are too lazy to learn things or discover how things really are and so they don't care. Don't get me wrong though , I do not discriminate the welfare system , just those that abuse it , and the gov. for allowing it to occur.

I am proud that there is such a system in place for people that may fall on hard times , but it seems that it's obviously been taken advantaged of....like , I think the U.S may be the only nation in the world that cares for people here illegally and not it's people here that are U.S citizens ..

I don't have a problem with people coming here , just as long as they do it legally , and , not to take advantage of our taxed dollars , while they hate on the U.S anyway...

• Like 3

they might be decided by the states. but, it was obama who cut funds to medicare/caid to pay for obamacare. where did you think all those savings for medicare/caid was going to come from. in this case the death of disabled americans.

The ACA didn't cut Medicaid, it pumped quite a bit more money into it.

• Like 2

He might be referring to the $500 billion cut on future Medicare spending in the ACA. But that doesn't affect the current budget.

You'll change your tune when it happens to someone close to you. If a person has a chronic disability, there's nothing to be weened off of. I want medicine that works the best, not the cheapest.

• Like 1

He might be referring to the $500 billion cut on future Medicare spending in the ACA. But that doesn't affect the current budget.

of course it affects the current budget. you want them to wait until their out of money first or help as many as they can for as long as they can. that means cut backs. further Medicaid is now run by a private company. the one that has me doesn't even have an office in texas.

You'll change your tune when it happens to someone close to you. If a person has a chronic disability, there's nothing to be weened off of. I want medicine that works the best, not the cheapest.

I've always been a fan of a baseline single-payer type plan with extended coverage possible through private insurance companies. That way everyone gets the bare minimum in health insurance but it motivates people to buy in private industry if they want better. I would feel bad if someone close to me had a chronic disability. However if they never planned for it or had someone in their family that cared enough to pay for above average treatment, I would not feel bad because they were just getting the basic treatment. I would be upset if they got no treatment at all. Beggars can't be choosers after all.