Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantic City bans realistic toy guns.

danielost

a pop tart gun or holding your finger like a gun can get you arrested in Atlanta.

this is out rages. the state of George earlier this year made it illegal not to own a gun. now the city of Atlanta has made it illegal to own a toy gun.

For too long we’ve seen it happening in our schools.

Zero-tolerance policies make pop-tart guns a punishable offense. And no longer is it acceptable for children to put their index and middle fingers together to create a “make-pretend” blaster without fear of punitive action.

sorry I am not able to provide a link.

Moderator Edit: Atlantic City council, not the city of Atlanta that has banned 'realistic' toy guns

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/atlantic-city-bans-realistic-toy-guns/article_f48a851e-3ecc-11e4-be16-7778d29bec07.html

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Add link, make corrections

a pop tart gun or holding your finger like a gun can get you arrested in Atlanta.

this is out rages. the state of George earlier this year made it illegal not to own a gun. now the city of Atlanta has made it illegal to own a toy gun.

Zero-tolerance policies make pop-tart guns a punishable offense. And no longer is it acceptable for children to put their index and middle fingers together to create a “make-pretend” blaster without fear of punitive action.

You could always write the link.

This sounds like one of your made-up 'facts'.

There's probably a small kernel of truth somewhere in there, and you've confabulated the rest.

• Like 3

You mean... they can't buy Megatrons anymore?

THIS LAW MUST GO!!!

• Like 2

There's probably a small kernel of truth somewhere in there, and you've confabulated the rest.

Agreed. I think this is indeed one of daniels barrels of hogwash. Unless someone, preferably daniel, can come up with a link about how this is made illegal, I might just have to assume it's a falsehood made up to wind up the members here on UM.

actually I can't see the whole link to write it out either.

• Like 1

Agreed. I think this is indeed one of daniels barrels of hogwash. Unless someone, preferably daniel, can come up with a link about how this is made illegal, I might just have to assume it's a falsehood made up to wind up the members here on UM.

I don't think he does it deliberately. He just gets ideas in his head, and once there they take on a life of their own.

actually I can't see the whole link to write it out either.

Try a search. I did and came up with nothing, as expected.

If you find anything, let us know.

(NB. There is one very small town in Georgia that added compulsory gun ownership to it's ordinance. But that's no the whole of Georgia, is it?)

I might just have to assume it's a falsehood made up to wind up the members here on UM.

Me too.

I did and came up with nothing, as expected.

I tried a search and came up with nothing as well. Since this isn't actually a news story, I'm going to go ahead and close it. If anyone comes up with a legitimate link PM me and I will reconsider re-opening the thread.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

Moderator Edit: Atlantic City council, not the city of Atlanta that has banned 'realistic' toy guns

http://www.pressofat...78d29bec07.html

I have edited the title and made corrections to your post danielost. Next time take the necessary few minutes to review your post to ensure you have your facts straight.

• Like 1

I have edited the title and made corrections to your post danielost. Next time take the necessary few minutes to review your post to ensure you have your facts straight.

you missed this paragraph.

The toy gun ordinance, introduced by all of council and initiated by Police Lt. James Sarkos, bans the sale, possession or use of any imitation firearms —

The toy gun ordinance, introduced by all of council and initiated by Police Lt. James Sarkos, bans the sale, possession or use of any imitation firearms —

She didn't miss anything. She went to the trouble of finding the story that you were too lazy or confused to find for yourself.

The crux of your original post appears to be this:

Not quite accurate, is it?

• Like 2

In Australia, replica guns have been illegal for as long as I've remembered. Even items that look like they might be real guns are outlawed in public, except under certain conditions. I used to belong to a Star Wars costuming club and one of my friends from that club was down in Melbourne for an event. He was walking through a shopping centre with his Stormtrooper E-11 blaster rifle in a bag on his back, the butt of the gun sticking out the top. He was tackled by security and arrested for carrying a replica firearm.

Ironically, the judge gave my friend a certain number of hours of Community Service as punishment, and since the costuming club we belong to does charity events for sick children it's approved for him to do Community Service with. So for carrying his weapon, his punishment was to carry his weapon dressed as a Stormtrooper, exactly as what he would have been doing anyway.

• Like 6

She didn't miss anything. She went to the trouble of finding the story that you were too lazy or confused to find for yourself.

The crux of your original post appears to be this:

Not quite accurate, is it?

wrong i found it again after i changed browsers.

• Like 1

wrong i found it again after i changed browsers.

Wonderful...and now you can see that your original premise was wrong/incorrect/not right. So, instead of giving Dot a bunch of flack how about just saying: "I was mistaken, thank you for finding the correct story". That would be the gracious/mature/reasonable thing to do.

• Like 4

this is out rages. the state of George earlier this year made it illegal not to own a gun.

So apart from the fact that it wasn't in Georgia and it wasn't Atlanta and they didn't ban holding your finger like a gun, you were spot on. :innocent:

I don't know what a pop tart gun is ?

I don't know what a pop tart gun is ?

There was an incident, I'm not sure where though, that a young school kid chewed his pop tart snack into the shape of a gun and pretended to shoot it. The little kid was then expelled from class and it made the news (due to being so stupid no doubt).

To clarify, danielost did provide a link to the thread via pm after I had already closed the thread. Needless to say his opening post required quite a bit of editing.

Before pointing out what I missed lets talk about you getting your facts straight. After a year and a half your excuse that you can't post links does not cut it any more. Don't be lazy post the links and get your facts straight.

• This was Atlantic City council, not the City of Atlanta
  • Georgia has nothing to do with this article
  • Poptarts have nothing to do with this article
  • little kids pointing their fingers like guns have nothing to do with the article

• Like 5

Wonderful...and now you can see that your original premise was wrong/incorrect/not right. So, instead of giving Dot a bunch of flack how about just saying: "I was mistaken, thank you for finding the correct story". That would be the gracious/mature/reasonable thing to do.

she didn't find i did and sent bit to her a pm. to get this thread reopened. but your i should have thanked her for reopening

To clarify, danielost did provide a link to the thread via pm after I had already closed the thread. Needless to say his opening post required quite a bit of editing.

Before pointing out what I missed lets talk about you getting your facts straight. After a year and a half your excuse that you can't post links does not cut it any more. Don't be lazy post the links and get your facts straight.

• little kids pointing their fingers like guns have nothing to do with the article

sorry i t

hought they were the same city.

sorry i thought they were the same city.

the original storyn i read did say something about pop tart guns and fingers.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

this thread has to do with the second amendment and those in authority trying t0o get rid of it by anymeans. i9ncluding teaching children only police are allowed to have guns, real or toy.

• Like 1

nyc banned realistic toy guns years ago, not only that nyc prohibits anyone from making real guns look like they are toys.

I have to admit, I think it is wrong to try to make a real gun look like a toy (by painting the barrel orange like an airsoft pistol or whatever). I can't imagine anyone even wanting to do that unless they are a criminal... :td:

edited for typos

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1