Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Lycanthrope Friend

UlricaWolf

I have a very strange friend, he has shown some questionable behavior which I feel is not really human...... I shall list them below:

Before I knew him very well:

> He seemed aggressive and broody

> He was always aggressive to new students, never welcoming

> He wouldn't let anybody enter his personal space, except for a select few

> Those 'select few' was his group of friends, which never changed, never gained or lost any members and had all the same characteristics, aggressive broody, looks that could kill

Then I got to know him:

I had always been intrigued by him, drawn towards him, he seemed very interesting. And I managed to make friends with him, I have now been friends with him for 6 years.

> I've noticed that he has very sharp nails and teeth, he likes to use them when play fighting with his friends

> I happen to know that his favorite place is somewhere called 'Churchhill park' It has a nice big forest and lots of big green spaces

> He's taken me there before, and to my great surprise, he howled in front of me and encouraged me to join in, which I did. I didn't know howling could be so much fun ;)

> He has grown rather possessive of me (which I don't really mind x) ) I remember once I was being picked on by a boy that I am mortal enemies with, and he showed up. All he did was give one of those 'I'm gonna rip your face off' looks and the boy cleared off.

> One more thing, I have heard him growl on several occasions, usually at his mates

What do you make of this behavior?

• Like 1

I don't know Watson, it seems to me we have a case of the full moon jitters..ha...

All jokes aside, I to have a friend who I believe is an "Lycanthrope" though I prefer to call her an lycan...and she to displayed some of the symptoms you have listed above. Perhaps our assumptions are correct; have you seen your friend during a full moon?

Those behaviors aren't really unusual, especially for a teenager. All teens are moody and broody. It has to do with burgeoning hormones. I suspect you may be a fan if the Twilight series because there are no such creatures as werewolves.

• Like 8

Just someone who likes to act a bit animalistic, people do it all the time, it's a bit weird. Some of the people I was friends with during high school were the sorts who acted like such.

• Like 1

Yep. That all confirms it. Your friend is a typical teenager who feels alienated from the rest of teenage society. Kids, especially those that circle perpetually around the outside of the "cool" crowd find their comfort blanket; me I took solace in heavy metal (and... err... never grew up... Do I care? Hell no, Metal is a way of life, bnot a music genre :) ).

Yeah, howling does feel good, in an animalistic, primal kind of way. As does getting lost staring at the starry night sky and shouting back at thunder. Seriously, try shouting back at thunder; it's amazingly therapeutic :tu:

• Like 4

Sounds like typical teenage attention-seeking, experimenting-with-who-he-is behavior. If he really thinks he's a werewolf he needs medical help, because thats all Lycanthropy is - people who think they can turn into other animals.

• Like 7

Thanks for your comments :) and no, Ryn, he's never let me

Thanks for your comments :) and no, Ryn, he's never let me

There's a good reason he's never let you - because then you'd see he's just like any other dude on a full moon - a dude. It'd blow his mystique all out of the water.

• Like 4

> He seemed aggressive and broody

> He was always aggressive to new students, never welcoming

> He wouldn't let anybody enter his personal space, except for a select few

> Those 'select few' was his group of friends, which never changed, never gained or lost any members and had all the same characteristics, aggressive broody, looks that could kill

> I've noticed that he has very sharp nails and teeth, he likes to use them when play fighting with his friends

> I happen to know that his favorite place is somewhere called 'Churchhill park' It has a nice big forest and lots of big green spaces

> He's taken me there before, and to my great surprise, he howled in front of me and encouraged me to join in, which I did. I didn't know howling could be so much fun ;)

> He has grown rather possessive of me (which I don't really mind x) ) I remember once I was being picked on by a boy that I am mortal enemies with, and he showed up. All he did was give one of those 'I'm gonna rip your face off' looks and the boy cleared off.

> One more thing, I have heard him growl on several occasions, usually at his mates

• I know plenty of people like this. Some people tend to be like this. It could be the way they were raised, a past experience, etc. Doesn't mean they're a werewolf.
  • See above.
  • See above.
  • My group of closest friends haven't changed in a couple of years and we're all alike in some way. We're all artists/writers in some way, very humorous, love to eat, and we're all happy people in general. Doesn't mean we're fairies or something. People like to be surrounded by people that are similar to themselves.
  • I have very sharp teeth and nails too. I have actually drawn blood from people by accident on a few occasions. Doesn't mean I'm a werewolf.
  • So? Some people just like nature. One of my friends (part of my closest friends group mentioned above) has a kind of wooded forest area in her neighborhood and she loves to go there and find someplace to sit and just write.
  • Again, so? It's just something some people like to do. You took part in the howling and thought it was fun. Does this mean you're a werewolf? Highly unlikely, but you see the point.
  • He's your friend so of course he'll be protective of you. My closest friends and I do this all the time to each other. You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us and we'll tell you to back off.
  • Again, maybe it's just something he does. There's a girl at my school (I don't know her, just heard about her and seen her around) who likes to make high-pitched squealing noises and bites people's fingers. Doesn't mean she's some kind of monster. It's just something she does.

If the only options are werewolf or a very strange human than definitely he's a very strange human.

Also if he's biting and scratching his friends while playing then that's a concern.

Plus he's pulling the classic 'take the girl out to the ol' scary forest and howl' trick, every guy tries a version of that at that age. :P

• Like 2

I think this is his way of controlling the people around him.

He maybe be a bully hiding behind the werewolf myth.

What is he like the days before and after a full moon?

I hope your not sexually involved with this person.

I don't believe in were-creatures. They're fun in books, television and movies or in role-playing games but that's it. That's all. Fiction.

And considering how widespread they are in entertainment media it's no surprise that some teenagers seek to identify with them and build up a little mystic as they go through the adolescent phase of seeking and establishing an identify..

• Like 1

Just a testerone-addled teen attempting to find his identity.

He is at an age in which he may feel invincible and this is all part of his "act".

P.S. - This is something he grow out of when reality and responsibilities come knockn at his door. I hope.

Edited by Ambush Bug
  • Like 2

My cousin (who I always referred to as my brother because I always saw him as a protective figure) had a friend in his early teens called Adam.

I always found his friend fascinating, because as a young boy I liked strange things and Adam was a very strange character.

He wore very dark clothing and sometimes capes, which I thought was "cool" at that young age. He also had a necklace with many huge teeth on them (Probably canine of some sort) which he insisted once belonged to werewolves.

He displayed many of characteristics described by the OP and he was also insanely fast.

I just thought I'd mention him as the OP's post reminded me of him.

What do you make of this behavior?

I'm going to agree with most everyone else and say that is not so unusual. Some girls dig Growling. Some people just like to clamp onto the Archtype of the wolf.

• Like 1

Twilight fan with gullible friends and an over active imagination is all I see here. Fair play tho at least your not one of these posters who keeps coming back with "new info" to try and make someone say he probably is. Sounds like he's just a relatively quirky dude to me.

• Like 1

Many people act like that because you forget you are a mammal

Allot of us have sharp teeth

Sharp nails

And even to the point where some of us grow horns

And seeming aggressive is entirely normal

If you believe your friend is Lycan look for things other than stuff you notice other than looks or behaviors

He has rabies.

• Like 4

I had a buddy in high school, Scott Howard who was on the basketball team. I swear he was a Lycan...most of his characteristics showed up when he got p***ed off on the court!