Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sighting back in 1972

Dreamer68

I know we are going back 43 years ago, but my 72 year old Father still tells it as if it was yesterday. Not sure how many here have had relatives/parents that have seen these in the 70's, when there was a time frame with a lot of sightings.

This occurred in 1972 in Quebec/Canada, in a small farm village (~3k people) 30 min North of Montreal called St-Anne Des Plaines. My parents moved there in 1970, and this house was cornered by a farm on the side, and the forest 100 feet behind the house. Our German shepherd was howling the previous night facing the forest, which my father couldn't figure what her problem was. The night this occurred, he was in the Living room watching TV while my mother was in the bathroom which had a window to the back, but one of those privacy one where you can look through, but only see shapes or lights but nothing clear through it.

All of a sudden my father noticed a bright light in the sky in the backyard, left the living room into the Dinning room and stood at the window. What he saw was pretty similar to many other sighting that happened back in the 70's right above the forest. He got mesmerized a the view, and while our dog kept howling and barking at it in the backyard, he just couldn't look away. This lasted for what felt like forever for him, and all of sudden he heard this weird screech sounds and it disappeared. And he just stayed there as my mother came out of the bathroom, and looking for him and said. Was there someone in the backyard with a flash light... I kept seeing this bright light coming from that window, it was really annoying. My father didn't even turn, still looking out and said, this was no flashlight. It was a flying saucer. My mom went... oh... was that all it was... with her eyes opened wide, and turned to go sit at the couch waiting for him. My father was not the first to have seen something back then, it was in the news, so my mother was just a bit shaken. 2 of my uncles also saw a sighting in plain daylight that same summer, but I never got to talk to either about their experience.

Usually you would think the story just ends like that. hehe But the next night, again our dog kept barking and howling in direction of the forest behind the house. My father was in bed with my mother, and all of a sudden heard a voice that called him. It called him by his name, and was asking him to open the door. He was curious at first, and got up. Crossed the house towards the side door to the outside, stood in front of the door and looked at the door handle. He still was hearing this voice calling him by his name, telling him to open the door. He went to put his hand on the door handle, and then freaked... "What the hell am I doing ?!?" he was thinking, and quickly crossed the house back to the bedroom and cuddled really tight to my mother realizing he was about to go out to who knows what was calling him. Still wonders what would have happened if he went through with it, and still has shivers to the thought.

I know some will say the 2nd night, he might have had sleep paralysis where he imagined everything since he was in bed trying to sleep. But he was well awake the first night, and while my mother didn't see the UFO, she saw the light coming through the window. I honestly wondered all this time if it was the military US, or anything doing some funky stuff back then that just got more attention than it should have and no one fessed up. Not that I don't believe it was "Extraterrestrial", just that why haven't we seen them again ? We got way better technology now, then we had 40 years ago... Hey.. the whole thing could really be exactly what it was, and others know of parents, relatives with similar experience. I was 4 years old at the time, so I have no memories of back then and sure my father didn't go tell his 4 year old about it when it happened. Just wonder if anyone here have similar experiences they heard from people they know.

• Like 2

Welcome to the club, Dreamer68! Makes a good story, glad you shared it, and I'm sure there's plenty of people on here with similar stories, but really, there's not too much we can do with it. This forum leans toward the "show me evidence" side. Just wanted to give you a heads up, and hope to see you around.

Edited by theotherguy
  • Like 2

I can figure :yes: I'm not posting here to prove anything to those guys. My father is a very honest man, and strait forward. I know he saw something that night. There where so many sightings in early 70's in Quebec, he was one of many... He didn't call the news paper, or the news... he kept this in the family. Fact that 2 uncles, one being his brother saw one too. Made it easier to share something like this without being told "you're full of it".

He's read so much into all this for the following decade, and then he lost steam. Never saw anything since, and of course he can't prove anything. His brothers & Sisters, my mother and us kids know him. He's not the "Fish is this big" type of guy, he can't stand BS. He's just so happy that "He" got to see it, he doesn't really care what anyone thinks really. I just brought his experience that he kept within the family for so long.

I have my own stories, and mine aren't UFO. Just pacing my time prior mentioning my own experience. You always will have people either disbelieving or mocking you. Just nice to hear from people that have similar experiences.

Interesting story. You say your uncles had sightings also. How far did they live from your location?

And did your father say what color it was?