Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3391    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Postquillius, on 12 October 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

[...]
shall we go for a third attempt at a straight answer, or are we going to dance all night???
[...]
Lets clarify: op. mockingbird as UFO mocking campaign? Thats what McG was implying.

View Postquillius, on 12 October 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

[...]
wanting to know isnt the point being discussed, the difference is between claims and belief.......how did wanting know enter the equation? :alien:
ok, lets make it more clear: "I want to believe" and "I want to know" are not on the same page, etc Or in another way: UFO=ET blind belief ain't on the same page as UFO=ET disbelief. Clear enough?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#3392    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 09 October 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

If you want to look up the CIA's Project Mockingbird, here are some helpful hints:

It was started in 1948 by Frank Wisner, who called "Wisner's Wulitzer" because he played the media like an organ, and then headed by Cord Meyer.  Both of these were very serious dudes who were not be be fooled with in any way, shape or form.

So McG says to look up project Mockingbird,

View Postbmk1245, on 09 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

And what CIA would come up with... Mockingbird... Brilliant... Good work McG. Nation is grateful.

Bmk's response above.......I guess we take this as the CIA did not come up with Mockingbird.....or do we take it as Mockingbird didnt exist full stop?

View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Lets clarify: op. mockingbird as UFO mocking campaign? Thats what McG was implying.

Maybe he did although his post hardly carries any words that would imply such, maybe the conversations before it lead you to draw that conclusion which may or may not be true, however I asked you a simple question, did Mockingbird exist? and if so what was its function?

View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

ok, lets make it more clear: "I want to believe" and "I want to know" are not on the same page, etc Or in another way: UFO=ET blind belief ain't on the same page as UFO=ET disbelief. Clear enough?

again you are changing it all around, lets go back I aksed you a simple question again on your comment as shown below.....I ask about belief you respond about claims

Posted Imagequillius, on 10 October 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

[...]and let me ask you one more thing, anyone who carries any sort of belief on the ETH is a woo woo in your opinion, right?

BMK response:  Those with UFO=ET claims.

come on BMK lets not add and subtract but just stick with the wording used..... or we can twist again like we did last summer...yeah...lets twist again like we did last year...... :whistle:

#3393    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,227 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

While it certainly hasn't been irrefutably demonstrated that the ETH is behind UFOs, it's not something that's flat out impossible either. The extraterrestrial hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis. It's the evidence that makes a hypothesis probable or improbable. The ETH doesn't violate any scientific principles, and it's not like saying Santa and his elves are behind the UFO phenomena. We humans are a technological species interested in what's 'out there'...there could be others. However, personal stories, sightings of odd things etc. just isn't going to support the ETH in the manner that science (and most people) need to say we're being visited by aliens. Unless and until ET makes themselves publically known the ETH is going to remain a poorly supported hypothesis, intriguing, but poorly supported (from a scientific perspective anyway).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3394    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

View Postquillius, on 12 October 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

[...]
did Mockingbird exist?
[...]
Yes

[...]and if so what was its function?
[...]
To mess with media.

[...]again you are changing it all around, lets go back I aksed you a simple question again on your comment as shown below.....I ask about belief you respond about claims

Posted Imagequillius, on 10 October 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

[...]and let me ask you one more thing, anyone who carries any sort of belief on the ETH is a woo woo in your opinion, right?

BMK response:  Those with UFO=ET claims.

[...]
Yeap, thats what I said. Add to that UFO=ET claims/beliefs. Happy?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#3395    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostLilly, on 12 October 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

[...], and it's not like saying Santa and his elves are behind the UFO phenomena.[...]
Hmmm... After all, we have "photographic evidence" of fairies... So, why not? Its viable hypothesis... :whistle:

#3396    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Yes

ok thank you

To mess with media.

:w00t:

Yeap, thats what I said. Add to that UFO=ET claims/beliefs. Happy?

good I am glad you admit that basically we are all catergorised in the same why by you......whether its a belief or a claim we are all woo woos......
not that I didnt think this was your outlook its nice to have it down in black and white. :tu:

#3397    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 12 October 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

Россия стрелков водки! :tu:
LMAO wish I could read Russian, mind translating that?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3398    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,592 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 12 October 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Vodka!

bmk was there.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3399    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,227 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Hmmm... After all, we have "photographic evidence" of fairies... So, why not? Its viable hypothesis... :whistle:

Because Santa and fairies are fictional characters. The concept that technologically advanced alien life might exist and choose to explore space is more of a speculation. I'm pretty sure that most scientists don't advocate looking for Santa and his elves, but many do think looking for signs of alien life to be a worthwhile endeavour.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3400    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostLilly, on 12 October 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

While it certainly hasn't been irrefutably demonstrated that the ETH is behind UFOs, it's not something that's flat out impossible either. The extraterrestrial hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis. It's the evidence that makes a hypothesis probable or improbable. The ETH doesn't violate any scientific principles, and it's not like saying Santa and his elves are behind the UFO phenomena. We humans are a technological species interested in what's 'out there'...there could be others. However, personal stories, sightings of odd things etc. just isn't going to support the ETH in the manner that science (and most people) need to say we're being visited by aliens. Unless and until ET makes themselves publically known the ETH is going to remain a poorly supported hypothesis, intriguing, but poorly supported (from a scientific perspective anyway).

Which throws into question the cultural version of the scientific principle which seems based on nothing real at all, but rather is a place to hide for closed un-trusting minds.

Posted Image

#3401    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 October 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Some are less closed minded than others Haz; that's what it boils down to.  I don't reject things just because it wasn't what I was drilled with at high school.

Posted Image

#3402    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 October 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

DYATLOV PASS - SOME ANSWERS. http://www.aquiziam....ss_answers.html

Didn't really answer anything.  No worries Haz; just about to have a bite to eat then I'll post some information about it.

Posted Image

#3403    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Literally "Russian Strelkov Vodka".

#3404    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

View Postquillius, on 12 October 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

ok thank you

good I am glad you admit that basically we are all catergorised in the same why by you......whether its a belief or a claim we are all woo woos......
not that I didnt think this was your outlook its nice to have it down in black and white. :tu:

Yes, of course it existed, and probably still does under a different name.  BMK or anyone else can easily look it up.

#3405    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Actually, I got it from Google Translate http://translate.google.com/

According to them it means:

Russian vodka shooters!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users