Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Pascagoula case

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#136    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,940 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 27 March 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Thank you! I never get abducted, nobody wants to abduct me! :( Dont know what they are missing I reckon!! <_< But I am not too upset about missing a probing or a large needle in my John Thomas.

lol .....well if you hear diddley-dum...diddley dum..diddley dum...duuuuu uuum,  any night soon, adopt a protective posture.

But I do love Dr Who, in fact, I much prefer the concept of space travel to Star Trek. Awesome how they made a new show and said Right, we are not going to have some young handsome muscle bound hero, an old man will save the day LOL. And it's still going! I am hanging for season 7 to be released.

:tu:

#137    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

now all we need is McG to come back and join in....

The boards certainly miss him.......

(if you are out there watching McG...hope you are well.....and I hope you return one day.)

#138    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,940 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Postquillius, on 27 March 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

now all we need is McG to come back and join in....

The boards certainly miss him.......

(if you are out there watching McG...hope you are well.....and I hope you return one day.)

ditto from me....:)

but I really can't blame McG for giving the forum a wide berth, after the way he was treated.

who needs that kind of disrespect and hassle..sheeesh... <_<

Good Morning quill.....hope all is good for you. Yikes it's started snowing again in the Midlands...

#139    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,827 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I remember this story well.  I was 12 that October and living in a town about a half hour away from Pascagoula.  Those guys were ridiculed as only small town, small minded people can ridicule one of their own.  They didn't change their story as far as I ever heard.  The summer prior to their event had been busy in the area, with several sightings in and around Mobile, Alabama.  When Spielberg filmed Close Encounters in '78 Mobile was home to some of the locations.  :tu:

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#140    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,599 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

View Postquillius, on 27 October 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

I understand that he fainted at some point when the 'beings' had approached them, or at least soon after.

I think we need to look at the initial interrogations, of which it seesm there were three.

The original linked source provides a link to the transcript for the third interrogation.

If you go to this place My link
it has the initial conversations.

hi quillius... this is from 2011, lol, i see the thread bumped and thought i'll respond from where i left... :tu:

From what I can tell so far the main similarities (bearing in mind, he fainted and has little recollection after this until waking up outside of craft- again note nothing to confirm he even went inside as Hickson did)

as you might recall, i was trying to see whether they could have encountered an uap... i have read through the article which you posted above... based on the descriptions, they observed a classic uap... no description of mechanical craft, just an oblong glowing ball of light

They both describe the UFO, colour and sizes the same.
They both describe door opening
they both describe 3 beings coming out
they both say the craft always floated above ground
they both describe beings as 'floating/gliding' towards them
they both describe the claw type hands....Parker makes reference to Crabs and Lobsters in attempt to describe beings 'hands'
they both describe the buzzing sound. (curious as to the plasma effect, is it audio as well as visual disturbance?)

will keep digging  :tu:

they could have both experienced the presence of other beings, in any case, both were interviewed at the same time & they seem to have discussed about their experience prior to all this... it's difficult to know which experiences are genuine and which ones have been filled in by each other in the gaps, what i mean by that is the specific descriptions, because it seemed that it wasn't clear cut & they always fell back on the frightened aspect to justify their inability to describe things clearly... is it expected? i guess we will have to dig through persinger's work and see to what extent the memories serve well to describe the 'observed' in a clear cut manner... hickson uses a lot 'we' but was only individually there... also about the claws which you mention, i don't see both of them describing the same thing.... was it really an observation or a mental manifestation? as you have mentioned parker at no time describes his 'abduction' as hickson describes... he fainted and basically when he came around he was outside, nothing indicates that he was either taken on board or had been brought outside... the most important factor for me in such a case where two folks have been abducted at the same time is the ability of each abductee to have witnessed what had happened to the other chap... unfortunately we cannot see any of that in this case, parker never saw the other guy being physically lifted off and taken into that opening, which apparently wasn't a 'door' if i recall correctly... i'm not sure about some of the corroborating features which you have mentioned above, maybe i missed them in the article.. but i didn't see anything about both of them confirming the number of entities, etc... there was some talk about whether they had a nose or not... all very dreamy and nothing concrete... hickson on the other hand, who explains being taken on board doesn't describe any physical sensations and isn't too sure about being conscious or not, that sounds a lot mental to me... there are other issues as well but i'll leave it at that... cheers

#141    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 27 March 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

hi quillius... this is from 2011, lol, i see the thread bumped and thought i'll respond from where i left... :tu:

as you might recall, i was trying to see whether they could have encountered an uap... i have read through the article which you posted above... based on the descriptions, they observed a classic uap... no description of mechanical craft, just an oblong glowing ball of light

they could have both experienced the presence of other beings, in any case, both were interviewed at the same time & they seem to have discussed about their experience prior to all this... it's difficult to know which experiences are genuine and which ones have been filled in by each other in the gaps, what i mean by that is the specific descriptions, because it seemed that it wasn't clear cut & they always fell back on the frightened aspect to justify their inability to describe things clearly... is it expected? i guess we will have to dig through persinger's work and see to what extent the memories serve well to describe the 'observed' in a clear cut manner... hickson uses a lot 'we' but was only individually there... also about the claws which you mention, i don't see both of them describing the same thing.... was it really an observation or a mental manifestation? as you have mentioned parker at no time describes his 'abduction' as hickson describes... he fainted and basically when he came around he was outside, nothing indicates that he was either taken on board or had been brought outside... the most important factor for me in such a case where two folks have been abducted at the same time is the ability of each abductee to have witnessed what had happened to the other chap... unfortunately we cannot see any of that in this case, parker never saw the other guy being physically lifted off and taken into that opening, which apparently wasn't a 'door' if i recall correctly... i'm not sure about some of the corroborating features which you have mentioned above, maybe i missed them in the article.. but i didn't see anything about both of them confirming the number of entities, etc... there was some talk about whether they had a nose or not... all very dreamy and nothing concrete... hickson on the other hand, who explains being taken on board doesn't describe any physical sensations and isn't too sure about being conscious or not, that sounds a lot mental to me... there are other issues as well but i'll leave it at that... cheers

Hello Mcrom, how does the saying go.....better late than never.

I note your points about the UAP possibility and the EM (potential effects) as we previously discussed. I do see this as a possibility and the fact that the men had that 2 hour window could have lead to the similarities I previously highlighted.

It seems between Psyche and I we have focued on 'did anything actually happen' i.e. was there a UFO present......I think we are only only now moving on from this point

edit to add: the article shows the interogation and not the first interview in the station on the same night of the event. I think its important to look at all first hand accounts to conclude the sequence of events and descriptions rather than relying on 'authors' interpretation of.

edit also to add: but I guess Psyches 'theory' means no UFO was present......so on second thoughts I dont think we have moved onto stage two yet

Edited by quillius, 27 March 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#142    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

View Postquillius, on 27 March 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

It seems between Psyche and I we have focued on 'did anything actually happen' i.e. was there a UFO present......I think we are only only now moving on from this point

Moving forward.... really? Are you sure there isnt something, anything at all, you can find to focus on first, and for a little while longer?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#143    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostDBunker, on 27 March 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Moving forward.... really? Are you sure there isnt something, anything at all, you can find to focus on first, and for a little while longer?

comedy comment being upheld....thank you

#144    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

View Postquillius, on 27 March 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

comedy comment being upheld....thank you

Very welcome. :tu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#145    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

View Postquillius, on 27 March 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Need to look into this bit again to be honest as I cannot see Broadus previously seeing a UFO. I would love to see his actual statement though

Colingo: Did Broadus come and report this sighting and then these men?

Huntley: 1 don't remember now. I would have to check with the chief on that. But I do know that they heard the tape that we took last night — or they took last night.

Rudolph: This was after they had been in to tell their story?

Huntley: Right. Then that is when they said, "Well, you know that is funny because we saw the same thing. We saw a blue light." In fact Mr. Broadus is a Christian man and he said he'd been over to Gautier somewhere to church.

Colingo: If Mr. Broadus says he saw it — he saw it. I mean, he is that type of fellow. Now this other fellow — I don't know who you are talking about...

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#146    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

View Postquillius, on 27 March 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

zzzp could indicate noise, so if Parker was looking the other way then he would not have seen but heard it. A short sharp burst of sound would give the 'just disappeared' effect in the mind.

Sorry I havent put together the list of craft descriptions yet, I think I need to really so we can lay it all out and see if we spot anything.

Remember the craft being 25-30 feet away?

Hickson: At the distance I couldn't tell. I mean, it was just immediately where we were.

It seems to have almost transporter capabilities.

In the same way I cannot invoke motherships to answer the question, I cannot allow the question to stand as my answer will be restricted due to the reluctance to speculate.

It is not speculation though, but a matter of physical size.

Its almost like saying the beings cant have been there as we cannot float so that means they cant either. How they defy gravity I dont know, but to suggest you cant defy gravity therefore it didnt happen is not correct IMO.

again why not the aliens floating? is this not a bigger problem?

I guess it is not a sticking point for me for a few reasons, one being that the carrot heads had no feet, but some sort of a disc, maybe how an alien might deal with quarantine for all I know, but one thing I do know is that these men were religious, and angels float.
I do not believe them altogether about the ship and aliens, so I guess I expect some poetic licence. As such, it does not seem as significant to me agt this point. In fact, the more details than come out in examination, the less likely aliens seem all the way through.

have you seen Parkers story/account first hand? Maybe this would be a good place to start as we know how this case has a habit of ad naseum quotes 'subsequent investigation by Joe.....' that contain no substance.

How can we listen to someone that has been shown to have had various breakdowns during a twenty year period? how does this account for Charlies original version?

No, but do you see that religious angle as made up? Even Joe has yet to be validated, Mendez seems to have followed the same line of investigation, I guess it is possible Joe's acidic article might be the work of Mendez plagiarised. If you can find a direct source, I'd be quite interesteed.

It almost seem Calvin was preparing for a breakdown:

Parker: They did me physically right now but, you know, not physically but mentally it is about to tear me up.

Which again strikes me as collusion. Which is where Charlie steps in.

With regards to the "secret conversation" Why would Parker say in private that he passed out, but deny that later? If they thought they were alone, he would be speaking what he thought was the truth, but at a later date, he retracted the fainting claim.

The red flags/holes for me at the moment are:

1- how they got the fish back out of boat
2- confusion with Broadus as a witness.

For me I agree with point one, but after that I still find the size of the craft not workable, the 20 years return trip indicates a fabricated story to begin with and the fact that the men are religious strikes me as motive for an indecent act they would want to cover up. The immediate and sizeable reaction from the press is also suspicious in my opinion.
But I would like to see what Mendez uncovered with the Toll Booths.

Edited by psyche101, 28 March 2013 - 04:52 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#147    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Postbee, on 27 March 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Why would Hickson be worried about being exposed to radiation contamination and ask to be tested for it...?

He must have known there was a possibility of that and his fears were obviously taken seriously and he WAS tested.

A quick search brought up this...

http://www.hss.doe.g.../orise/app.html

http://www.thefreedi...y.com/dosimetry

Because he thought the "craft" might have been radioactive. Why is anyone's guess.

What dawned on me was that we could it possibly maybe caught some radiation from this object or from these things, and I mentioned this fact, and they decided to carry us to the Singer River Hospital to see if there were any traces of radiation, but after arriving at the Singer River Hospital, they told us that they didn’t have the facilities or what have you for checking us for radiation, that they should carry us to Keesler AFB in Biloxi

LINK

It is logical to presume that they tested the internal nuclear power plant before a ship or submarine left the premises...

http://www.fas.org/m...ng/reactor.html

Do you know what a test is Bee?

There is probably more to find to confirm the nuclear connection....but that's all for now.

What connection?

psyche....

Bruce Cathie is NOT a nutter.... :no:

Yes he is, we have been here before, he is a fairly benign one I assume because his claims are so whacky most people just do not even take notice of them. Have you found a map that corresponds all nuclear detonations to Cathie's co-ordinates yet?

#148    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

View Postbee, on 27 March 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

I don't get where you are getting your quote from...because on your link it says...

This tallies with the actual words of Hickson on the second video that McGuff posted...at 2:45...

And you did not make it clear that the 'return trip' was Parker, who suffered a nervous breakdown and so might be getting things mixed up...

and going off the rails a bit....

I beg your pardon? I suggest you check it again.

The UFO Encounter

On the evening of October 11, 1973, 42-year-old Charles Hickson and 19-year-old Calvin Parker — co-workers at a shipyard — were fishing off a pier on the west bank of the Pascagoula River in Mississippi. They heard a whirring/whizzing sound, saw two flashing blue lights, and reported that an oval shaped "craft", some 8 feet across and 8 or more feet high, suddenly appeared near them. [1] The ship seemed to levitate about 2 feet above the ground.

What was wrong with the other link that lead to the actual transcript of the conversation where Charlie was recorded to say:

Hickson: It wasn't round. It seemed oval shaped and it was approximately 8 ft. wide, it was a little longer than that, and it had to be over 8 ft. high. When they approached us — one on each side of my arms — but I didn't feel any sensation at all when it touched me. And amazingly I was just lifted right off the ground.

I did not make it clear it was Parker? I gave you a link?

So you admit one of them is crazy? But you think the other one overbalances that admission?

Edited by psyche101, 28 March 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#149    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postbee, on 27 March 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

lol .....well if you hear diddley-dum...diddley dum..diddley dum...duuuuu uuum,  any night soon, adopt a protective posture.

I think I am going to be OK ya know. I cannot be abducted because I do not believe in it.

View Postbee, on 27 March 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

That is amazing, last night I flicked on late night telly, and season 7 starts Sunday. What a co-incidence!

#150    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

View Postbee, on 27 March 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

ditto from me.... :)

but I really can't blame McG for giving the forum a wide berth, after the way he was treated.

who needs that kind of disrespect and hassle..sheeesh... <_<

Good Morning quill.....hope all is good for you. Yikes it's started snowing again in the Midlands...

He gave as good as he got Bee. He had a personal problem with Jim Oberg which often made things even worse. But otherwise I agree, a smart man and a good poster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users