Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Evidence That Jesus Was Married (1)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#166    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 3,128 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostJ. K., on 11 February 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Regarding the faith of Jesus, I count myself among those whom He mentioned here:  ""I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."  John 17:20-21.  Whatever you wish to call this being-one-in-Us thing is fine with me.

As for the topic of a demi-god..."Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel."  Isaiah 7:14.  It is my understanding that "Immanuel" means "God with us."

Isaiah 7:14 has absolutely nothing to do with Mary the mother of Jesus, which is what you assume. On the other hand, I tell you that the virgin is Israel. If I pressed you for a quote to document your assertion, you would never be able to produce one. On the other hand, if you pressed me for one to document my assertion, I would give you more than two. Let us assume you have indeed demanded those quotes. Take a look at this:

Psalm 78:67-69 - The Lord rejected Ephraim, the Tabernacle of Joseph and confirmed the Tribe of Judah whom He loved. That's when Israel the Ten Tribes was conquered and removed for good from the Land of Israel by the Assyrians.

Amos 5:2 - Prophet Amos took that divine action in Psalm 78:67-69 as "The VIRGIN Israel has fallen and shall rise no more.

Isaiah 7:14 - A virgin shall conceive and bear a son who shall be called Immanuel.

Isaiah 7:15 - And the son Immanuel shall feed on butter and honey.

Isaiah 7:22 - Butter and honey shall be the food of everyone that is left in the Land. And Judah was left back in the Land after Israel was removed to Assyria, remember?

Isaiah 8:8 - And the king of Assyria invaded throughout Judah, overflowing all over the countryside of thy Land O Immanuel. Thy Land whose land? The Land of Judah. So, Isaiah mentions Judah by name as being Immanuel. Would you be able to be at least half as clear as
I have been about Judah as being Immanuel? I don't think so.

But please don't take this as arrogant excitement for the Truth but a joy to learn something new completely different from what you have been trained to believe.

Ben

#167    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 3,128 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 12 February 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

I think you will find that we are both moved by faith.  That is the only explanation for your closed-mindedness.  I make no apologies for my Christianity, I understand it is based on faith.  But at the same time I acknowledge the gaps in my own knowledge where they arise.  You do not.  You stubbornly refuse to accept that what Christians believe and what you THINK they should be believe are not the same thing.  And where the difference lies, your only answer in that brain of yours is "oh, I can't possibly be wrong about what someone else should believe, so therefore they can't ever be right".

In short, no matter how many times a Christians says the Law is NOT done away with, you will stubbornly sit there, plug your ears, cry out "LA LA LA LA", and then demand that Paul taught that (which we believe he did not do).  

As I said, fruitless.  You're not here for discussion.  You're here to preach your views as right and everyone who disagrees is wrong!

You say I am not here for discussions and that's exactly what we have been doing so far. IMHO, what you call "To be here for discussions" is to change my views and accept yours. PA, again, please take not this as an offense, but you do not have what it takes
to make a Jew who is trained in both Bibles (Old and New Testaments) to change his mind and become a Christian. I am indeed here for discussions but not to take your word for it. Take a look at my reply to JK above and tell me if it is possible to agree with you guys as I bring such a rich documented testimony? Not when I have almost zero content in the responses you guys present back to me.

Ben

#168    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostJ. K., on 11 February 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Regarding the faith of Jesus, I count myself among those whom He mentioned here:  ""I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."  John 17:20-21.  Whatever you wish to call this being-one-in-Us thing is fine with me.

I was going to ask you exactly who Jesus was referring to in this passage - 'those who will believe in Me - but now I realize that you say that Paul wrote or influenced the writing of those words, so I should just disregard them, along with the rest of the New Testament.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#169    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 3,128 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostJ. K., on 13 February 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I was going to ask you exactly who Jesus was referring to in this passage - 'those who will believe in Me - but now I realize that you say that Paul wrote or influenced the writing of those words, so I should just disregard them, along with the rest of the New Testament.

JK, if you disregard Paul because he influenced this or that passage in the NT, you are right that you will end up by disregarding the whole of the NT altogether. And talking about the Faith of Jesus as you have quoted yourself above, the Faith of Jesus was Judaism. So, according to Revelation 14:12, "Here is the patience of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus." But let not the Gentiles who want to join God's People say that because they are Gentiles, the Lord will surely exclude them from His People. Absolutely not, for thus says the Lord that a name better than sons and daughters is reserved to those who hold fast to His Covenant with His People. That's in Isaiah 56:1-8.

Ben

Edited by Ben Masada, 13 February 2013 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users