Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A public target for OOB'ers and RV'ers

eight bits

For long distance travellers or remote viewers, I would like to propose a public target. I don't live there, so there is no "privacy" problem.

You can do whatever Google mapping and Earth searches you like, since the target feature will only read from the ground. Obviously, somebody could mount an expedition, but I doubt anybody will, and we are on the honor system.

In Concord, New Hampshire, exit three of Interstate 89 opens onto Stickney Hill Road. One branch of SH Road, near the highway exit, is a deadend, leading to a public bike path. Adjacent to the parking area is a woods. The other side of the road is the interstate highway. There is a short trail (a few minutes' walk) which connects the parking area, from slightly up the road before the dead end, to an old logging road and deeper woods, via these shallower woods. There are blazes (small trail markers nailed to trees) along this path.

The path has a "Y" configuration, that is, there are two ways between the logging road and the parking. From the crux of the "Y," there is a "high branch" (uphill from the parking and longer) and a "low branch" (more-or-less level and shorter).

There is a specific way in which the blazes on the "low branch" differ from the blazes on the "high branch." The answer in not one word (not "color" nor "shape" nor "material" nor "height" ... although any or all of those, along with any other physical attribute, may appear in the answer - the difference is, after all, physically real, easily expressed in ordinary words, and would be apparent to someone with normal vision who was onsite).

This is a "short answer question." It requires at least one sentence, but not a Russian novel. However, it would be fine to supplement an answer with "how I got that story" material, and anything else that you might have experienced along the way. Only the specific answer to the question asked, however, will be evaluated. So, please "circle your answer."

Part of the purpose of this post is for my own training as a target selector. I think it is a little dangerous to use personal-space targets on the web. All targets (short of somebody going somewhere and planting a printed random number) are "guessable."

My sense, though, is that this is good enough for a filter. It avoids the sterility of a number or playing card, and yet retains considerable objectivity. It is "humanly meaningful," but not "personal to me." (Reading my posts, anybody would know I spend time in the woods. OK, it is a given that this is in the woods, that trails are often marked with blazes, etc.)

There will be no feedback from me, even if a correct answer is posted. The target is open through May 21 Scotland time. (Any later than that,and the astral mosquitos will eat the astral traveller alive, unless there is such a thing as astral DEET.)

In the meantime, discussion of what makes a good target, both from skeptical and practitioner perspectives, is appreciated.

Edited by eight bits

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eight bits

• Rosewin

• CausticGnostic

• RabidStarfish

That's an excellent objective test, Eight Bits, since, as you said, the correct answer is physically real, in a public place, and not special to you.

Uh, I haven't noticed a lot of answers coming from the astral travelers. . . .

Maybe they're hung up in traffic. May, as you may know, is a very busy time in the Aether.

Hi, CG

(and thank you for the much-needed bump :) )

This target is still open for a few more days, so maybe we'll hear something yet.

And I really would like to get some feedback from the people who do this, whether this is a "good target" from their perspective. From the other side of the fence, is it too easy, since it is so close to an interstate highway?

It would be nice to have some current target always available for those who would like to try, since the idea of actual travel or remote viewing comes up so often on the boards.

And the answer is...

On the "lower branch," the blazes are different colors (and material) in the two directions:

Walking toward the parking, the markers you see are gray (unpainted aluminum)

linked-image

In the opposite direction, walking away from the parking, the markers you see are yellow (unpainted vinyl)

linked-image

All the markers on the "upper branch" are gray (unpainted aluminum) in both directions. Edited by eight bits

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy enough to come up with targets, but this thread didn't get any nibbles from people doing AP, RV, or anything like that. Not one.

Maybe UM just doesn't have that many members who do those things, even though lots of people here are interested in the subject?

If there is a flare-up of activity, then I'm game, and I know there are others who also have good targets not yet on Goggle Earth. It's players we lack.