Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Impossible photo of tyre tracks over sign

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/impossible-photo-of-truck-driving-over-pole/story-fnjwnhzf-1227173207594

How did these tyre marks get over the top of that pole?

Reddit user brookstaylorh posted this picture taken in Odessa of vehicle marks in snow which appear to go straight through a sign.

As a result the post was flooded with hundreds of comments on how it could have happened.

• Like 1

so the last comment says:

“The tracks are from the truck that installed the sign.

“The sign was pounded in the ground from a worker in the bed of the truck. If you look closely you can see where the truck stopped momentarily for the worker to pound the sign into the ground.”

Why else would a single truck take such a short detour? While I cant agree 100% with the above.. how come there are no tracks on either road at the ends of the tracks?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

it snowed again after the truck went through. the snow would have covered the tracks on the road. but, the tire indention into the ground would still show through the light snow.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in the responses of the great 'skeptical, critical, analytical, cynical, educated, scientific, debunking' minds of this forum, on this one.

Two people on motorbikes ?

• Like 4

so the last comment says:

Why else would a single truck take such a short detour? While I cant agree 100% with the above.. how come there are no tracks on either road at the ends of the tracks?

Also - A four-wheeled vehicle will leave 2 sets of tracks while turning as the front and back wheels don't follow the same path.

I call fake.

Edit: Typo.

Edit#2: Crude image, but demonstrates the above: www.carbibles.com/images/corneringwheels.jpg (much appreciated if a moderator can imbed the image as it's not working for me)

Edit#3:

I'd be interested in the responses of the great 'skeptical, critical, analytical, cynical, educated, scientific, debunking' minds of this forum, on this one.

How about your opinion? ;)

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 2

Also - A four-wheeled vehicle will leave 2 sets of tracks while turning as the front and back wheels don't follow the same path.

I call fake.

Edit#2: Crude image, but demonstrates the above:

http://www.carbibles...eringwheels.jpg

Edit#3:

I was gonna say your link didnt load but the noticed the edit.. but it still says

The page isn't redirecting properly

??

maybe this works

corneringwheels.jpg

• Like 1

I was gonna say your link didnt load but the noticed the edit.. but it still says

The page isn't redirecting properly

??

Yeah when I edited it killed the image - copy and paste this into browser: www.carbibles.com/images/corneringwheels.jpg

Edit: please delete this post: :D

Edited by Timonthy

maybe this works

corneringwheels.jpg

No it doesnt so dl and ul to UM

post-135078-0-25794900-1420251422_thumb.

• Like 1

I call fake.

Edit#2: Crude image, but demonstrates the above: www.carbibles.com/images/corneringwheels.jpg (much appreciated if a moderator can imbed the image as it's not working for me)

Edit#3:

My opinion does not count as evidence, so I've been told.

maybe this works

corneringwheels.jpg

the problem is the angle. the photo the wheels are not turned that sharp, the difference between the front and back wouldn't be that great and could look like one track as long as they maintained that same angle.

Not evidence but opinion is valued.

the problem is the angle. the photo the wheels are not turned that sharp, the difference between the front and back wouldn't be that great and could look like one track as long as they maintained that same angle.

With a turn as sharp as the original photo the tracks would still be much wider albeit not necessarily separate. My photo was an example to help people understand my view.

The photo is maybe a 60 degree turn, my example 90 degree.

• Like 1

No, your opinion isn't evidence.

But neither is anyone else's.

So what's your opinion?

• Like 4

I think seeder and timothy have pointed out some very good points with the tire tracks. And thanks seeder for the picture of said car making tracks. I was trying to do the same with four pens and old greeting car, and not getting anywhere. I thought there were some old hot wheel cars from my son's childhood left around, but not in arm's reach, anyways............

I like the picture, it looks like one of those mind bender puzzles that has the answer right there in front in you.

So, in essence, could the tire tracks be photo shopped in? Or could it been two motocyclist as seeder suggested?

edit to point out, ..... I'm not a grandma yet!!!!!

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 2

I think seeder and timothy have pointed out some very good points with the tire tracks. And thanks seeder for the picture of said car making tracks. I was trying to do the same with four pens and old greeting car, and not getting anywhere. I thought there were some old hot wheel cars from my son's childhood left around, but not in arm's reach, anyways............

I like the picture, it looks like one of those mind bender puzzles that has the answer right there in front in you.

So, in essence, could the tire tracks be photo shopped in? Or could it been two motocyclist as seeder suggested?

edit to point out, ..... I'm not a grandma yet!!!!!

can't be two motorcycles, the right track is too close to the sign. the rider of that cycle would be laying on the ground in pain.

• Like 1

No, your opinion isn't evidence.

But neither is anyone else's.

So what's your opinion?

I'd like to watch this a little longer, it's interesting how people postulate and work things out for themsleves, and also the dynamics between posters.

• Like 1

We'll need a close up study of the tracks ~ and of the soil condition ~ which way the truck was headed makes for a lot of puzzle ~ and the solution

• Like 1

2 snow sleds or 2 snow ski's .. I have never seen snow , but if you stood on it , would it leave a print, or is it leaving a tyre print because of the weight ? . I thought I would put my 2 bob's in .

• Like 1

I'd like to watch this a little longer, it's interesting how people postulate and work things out for themsleves, and also the dynamics between posters.

That's why it's such an enjoyable community!

• Like 1

Ah yes ... ahem .... its faked .

That was pretty simple .... lay off smoking the bananas

I would like to know why you want to believe every photo you see on the internet (of all things and places! ) ... hmmmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

2 snow sleds or 2 snow ski's .. I have never seen snow , but if you stood on it , would it leave a print, or is it leaving a tyre print because of the weight ? . I thought I would put my 2 bob's in .

it depends on the amount of snow and the type of ground. in this case, no tracks on the road but, there is in the gravel. however there are only two reasons there wouldn't be tracks on the road. either it snowed after the truck went over it, or that is ice on the road.

• Like 2

I'd be interested in the responses of the great 'skeptical, critical, analytical, cynical, educated, scientific, debunking' minds of this forum,

on this one.

This group is at least aware of the fact that a truck is conceptual equipped with at least 2 axis and at least 4 wheels and that it is technical

impossible that the rear wheels do exactly follow the tracks of the front wheels while the truck is conducting a curve.

The (other) group who believe the tracks were made by a truck, are science hippies only.

• Like 3

Izitru (https://www.izitru.com/ ) analysis of the image says:

Potential file modification

Our forensic tests suggest this file has been re-saved since initial capture. Because this file is not a camera original,

it is possible that it was modified.

• Like 2