Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ron Paul to Congress: Stop Worshipping Israel

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,048 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Amen, Dr. Paul.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#2    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

LOL that's like telling people not to be Jewish or Christian.  They ain't gonna listen :D

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

gimcrack

• 10,379 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Can't argue with anything he says there.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Bravo to Ron Paul :tu:

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,674 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

He's right but try to get someone to listen when they don't want to.

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Why is this guy not president?!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,832 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostCoffey, on 30 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

because he says stuff like "stop worshipping Israel".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,921 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 30 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

He has said many other demonstrably silly things as well.  He is done and finished and since he was not sincere enough to continue leading his supporters to continue building a movement after his personal defeat, I say good riddance.  His movement needs to be advanced by someone younger who has some idea of what reasonable compromises could achieve.  Some of his ideas would possibly save this nation but the rest are just unworkable and so off-putting that they could never receive support of a majority.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 30 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

But they do. LOL

Besides Obama is useless:

View Postand then, on 30 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

He has said many other demonstrably silly things as well.  He is done and finished and since he was not sincere enough to continue leading his supporters to continue building a movement after his personal defeat, I say good riddance.  His movement needs to be advanced by someone younger who has some idea of what reasonable compromises could achieve.  Some of his ideas would possibly save this nation but the rest are just unworkable and so off-putting that they could never receive support of a majority.

You are only saying that cause he doesn't want to play around in the Middle East. lol

Edited by Coffey, 30 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,921 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostCoffey, on 30 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

But they do. LOL

Besides Obama is useless:

You are only saying that cause he doesn't want to play around in the Middle East. lol
Not true, Coffey.  Not everything is about the M.E. for me - just most ;)  My opinions on RP are well thought out.  I'm not a hater where he is concerned, I just consider myself a realist on the chances of his movement.  THAT many earnest and committed citizens should not be just ignored and marginalized, but neither can they expect to be given the keys unless they can convince enough others in the validity of his WHOLE plan.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,048 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

View Postand then, on 01 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Not true, Coffey.  Not everything is about the M.E. for me - just most ;)  My opinions on RP are well thought out.  I'm not a hater where he is concerned, I just consider myself a realist on the chances of his movement.  THAT many earnest and committed citizens should not be just ignored and marginalized, but neither can they expect to be given the keys unless they can convince enough others in the validity of his WHOLE plan.
The chances of his movement are 100% because some day, the bills are going to come due.   True, some people can't wake up until the piper gets paid, but the price people will pay will have to be, unfortunately for them, what convinces them.

It's clear that Obama lied to us again, to get elected again.  People get the government they want and that's the government they deserve.   Ron Paul will eventually be vindicated but I don't know how long the racquet will last.  It might be the next generation that the anvil lands on or it might be this one.  Few things are certain.  But the market will always win in the end no matter how much government kicks and whines, prints, borrows and spends beforehand.   Delaying the inevitable and pretending we can do it forever isn't going to end up the realist's game.  How many times is the Israel-worshipping Congress going to punt the fiscal football down the field into someone else's sad lap to deal with?    Israel should be on the top of the list of spending cuts but you won't hear these worshippers dare utter a peep about that.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#12    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostCoffey, on 30 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Because he flips more on what he believes than a pancake in a frying pan? Because he can't commit to one set of beliefs? Because he's a Republican in an age where the Republican Party is increasingly becoming more and more radical at the expense of moderate voices?

All valid reasons, although at least the OP has finally confirmed what I always suspected. I wonder if he thought Mitt Romney was the best thing to happen to America since sliced bread?

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,048 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 01 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Because he flips more on what he believes than a pancake in a frying pan? Because he can't commit to one set of beliefs? Because he's a Republican in an age where the Republican Party is increasingly becoming more and more radical at the expense of moderate voices?

All valid reasons, although at least the OP has finally confirmed what I always suspected. I wonder if he thought Mitt Romney was the best thing to happen to America since sliced bread?
All untrue, hardly valid.   Just where do you get your information about Ron Paul?  Source, please.

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,048 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Ron Paul flips on the issues?   LMAO.  That's got to be the lamest political comment I've ever heard on this board and I've heard some bad ones.

Talking about me in the 3rd person (instead of discussing the topic with me) is weak, especially in my own thread.   If you have a question, ask.

#15    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Some Americans are apparently motivated by Ron Paul's words to Congress.

A group called Stop$30Billion.org has been running a campaign on highway billboards in LA with the following ad:

Attached File  aScreen-shot-2012-06-04-at-7.25.43-PM.jpg   85.27K   12 downloads

They are asking Americans to sign their petition and if possible donate to the cost of putting more ads up.

http://stop30billion.org/

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 01 December 2012 - 03:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users