Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anders Breivik decries 'inhumane' prison

Still Waters

The Norwegian convicted of the massacre of 77 people last year has said he is being held in "inhumane" conditions.

Anders Behring Breivik complained in a letter to the prison service that his coffee is served cold, he does not have enough butter for his bread, and he is not allowed moisturiser.

Breivik is serving a minimum 21-year sentence for the bombings and shootings in Oslo and Utoeya island last July.

The Norwegian authorities have not commented on the letter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-20270325

As soon as I have 5 free minutes I will feel sorry for hum...

• Like 3

Could they not arrange to have him transferred to Guantanamo Bay? That might give him something of a sense of perspective.

• Like 7

:yes: Edited by 747400
  • Like 1

Could they not arrange to have him transferred to Guantanamo Bay? That might give him something of a sense of perspective.

I have the notion that he'll complain about that too.

• Like 1

He should of thought about what it was going to be like in prison before he killed 77 people...

What about the "inhumane" way that he treated his victim's...

He has food and drink, he has somewhere to sleep, study and excercise, he even has a TV (which is classed as a luxury, in some places)...

As long as he has those thing's and does not get beat by the guard's etc then he has no right to complain (in my opinion)

• Like 2

He may also be trying to get into a UK prison... as they seem to be more like Hotel's than prison's nowadays

• Like 3

A murderer not allowed moisturizer?! Quick! Someone get the UN on the phone so they can impose sanctions! Or whatever the UN does...

• Like 2

From the article:

His 21-year sentence can be indefinitely extended for as long as he is considered a danger to society.

Anders needs to settle in and make himself comfy in his new abode cos the only way he'll be leaving it is in a box.

As for his complaints - I think it an OH&S issue if the guards are being forced to listen to that but that's about all the concern I have about it.

• Like 3

Can't seem to work up any more compassion for him than he did for his victims.

• Like 2

He might had a rather, um, pressing need for that 'lotion'...

*cough*

• Like 6

He may also be trying to get into a UK prison... as they seem to be more like Hotel's than prison's nowadays

Ha ha , there's always a first, it will be if he came here, the first asylum seeking prisoner.If I was guarding him, he may just have an accident falling down metal stairs or worse,poor chap.
  • Like 2

From the article: "His cell includes three sections, one to sleep, one for study and a third for exercise - each measuring 8 sq m (86 sq ft)."

That's a total of 258 sq. ft. Seems pretty roomy for a 'cell to me'. But alas, also from the article, "...he complains that the cell is poorly decorated and has no view."

"I highly doubt that there are worse detention facilities in Norway," he writes.

THE INHUMANITY!

• Like 2

He really got a minimum of 21 years for 77 people? Like 3 months for each? That seems lenient to me. I would have expected manditory Life sentance, but perhaps they don't have that in Norway, and the worse you can get is 21 years?

His cell sounds like a top notch apartment in most citys. It would have 3 familys living there if it was in Tokyo or Mexico City.

I dont think this guy understands what a Prison cell is supposed to be. Better get the guy a fresh set of pillows and some wallpaper STAT!!

He really got a minimum of 21 years for 77 people? Like 3 months for each? That seems lenient to me. I would have expected manditory Life sentance, but perhaps they don't have that in Norway, and the worse you can get is 21 years?

No, he'll never get out. By law, his sentence can be extended indefinitely.

No, he'll never get out. By law, his sentence can be extended indefinitely.

better double that order of pillows and hot chocolate for the guy :P Dont want him feeling like hes in a prison after all

• Like 1

Man his cell is larger than a lot of homes in Bali. I've been in a few Balinese homes and they would have roughly the same dimensions except four or five people living inside. And a lot of them don't have warm coffee, butter or bloody MOISTURISER!

Kill 77 people and you still have it better than a lot of third-worlders.

Aha, he has full bed and board in his own accomodation, Peace !, They should put him in a cell with 2 or 3 guys who may be relatives of the murdered people, but I guess someone in there will eventually say "Hello" to him,and he will no doubt wake up in hospital or hell.

• Like 1

lol why do people think this in the uk (the public sector ones) they are kept in a 9 by 6 cell they have to **** and eat in the same place they sleep. they get a tv (which they have to pay for) if they have a sustained period of good behaviour.they are made to work for their money or they get $2.50 a week for phone calls and are allowed an hour outside a day.private sector prisons are more like hotels but not ones i would like to stay in .

the tabloid press have a lot to answer for .

lol why do people think this in the uk (the public sector ones) they are kept in a 9 by 6 cell they have to **** and eat in the same place they sleep. they get a tv (which they have to pay for) if they have a sustained period of good behaviour.they are made to work for their money or they get $2.50 a week for phone calls and are allowed an hour outside a day.private sector prisons are more like hotels but not ones i would like to stay in .

the tabloid press have a lot to answer for .

I personally dont see the point of prison sentances. It costs billions to keep a states prison population locked up every year and its money which could be better spent elsewhere.

I think we should use them as slaves, as guinea pigs for human experimentation and as organ farms for transplants. Obviously the severity of an offence determines the punishment applied.