Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cavemen drawings - why don't they have beards?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Ozmeister

Ozmeister

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• I come in peace....shoot to kill

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

It's pretty simple why they never had beards drawn in cave paintings (if a little facetious grin2.gif ).......if you're going to get your "picture" taken, you want to at least look somewhat respectable, don't you tongue.gif  tongue.gif  grin2.gif

Don't want to foster any ideas that later generations might have of you grin2.gif  tongue.gif  grin2.gif

#17    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:13 PM

A beard on a stick figure would look a little strange now wouldn't it? alien.gif   Seriously, cave paintings are highly stylized works, they don't seem to actually represent individual people.  They usually have more religious connotations, tied to the success of the hunt and what not.  Native American and Australian petroglyphs also have this stick figure form.  

Nothing to see here.

#18    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:18 PM

I don't know about anywhere else, But in the southwest of the U.S. very few of the native americans can grow beards. While some can, it is a general genetic fact that certain tribes such as the Navajo do not have facial hair. Since these good folks are decendents of early man, at least here in he U.S. it would stand to reason that they would have the same traits as their forebearers.

Just a thought.

Edited by stillcrazy, 05 May 2004 - 05:19 PM.

#19    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 06 May 2004 - 11:49 PM

the people that would have been paintinf the cave pictures were VERY hairy. the native amreicans were, of course, decended from the siberian nomads, who dont have much facial hair, like alot of eastern orientals.  

#20    Burgundy Johnson

Burgundy Johnson

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:53 AM

And even if they didn't have a real good reason for not drawing facial hair, how can you jump from that to Atlantis? It's a good point, yet it needs more proof for you to just go right into how the Atlantians did it. That's just kind of...looking for evidence that doesn't exist....good point though. More connections are needed for me though.

#21    dezavala

dezavala

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

I thought it was an interesting observation.  

#22    Pendekar Timur

Pendekar Timur

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:04 PM

as you can see,
some ancient script from South East Asia..

user posted image

1-Link to Borneo Cave

2-Cave Painting-SOURCE

p/s-the 2nd link's cave painting-represented to what? A Giant Cockroach..??
rolleyes.gif

PENDEKAR TIMUR
www.youtube.com/adipresley

#23    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:05 PM

I don't think that beards would show up in cave paintings as they are just a step up from stick figures.

I don't see any eyes in the cave drawings either, but supposition leads me to believe that they were there...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#24    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:29 PM

They don't even have faces, much less beards or eyes, by that evidence you could argue that cavemen were really malnourished, and blind.

Nothing to see here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users