Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] A chimp-pig hybrid origin for humans?

Still Waters

These days, getting a Ph.D. is probably the last thing you want to do if you are out to revolutionize the world. If, however, what you propose is an idea, rather than a technology, it can still be a valuable asset to have. Dr. Eugene McCarthy is a Ph.D. geneticist who has made a career out of studying hybridization in animals.

He argues that humans are probably the result of multiple generations of backcrossing to chimpanzees, which in nucleotide sequence data comparisons would effectively mask any contribution from pig.

http://phys.org/news...rid-humans.html

Human beings being descended from "apes and swine"? Where have we heard this before?

I guess now people will know where they get their piggish side from.

These days, getting a Ph.D. is probably the last thing you want to do if you are out to revolutionize the world. If, however, what you propose is an idea, rather than a technology, it can still be a valuable asset to have. Dr. Eugene McCarthy is a Ph.D. geneticist who has made a career out of studying hybridization in animals.

He argues that humans are probably the result of multiple generations of backcrossing to chimpanzees, which in nucleotide sequence data comparisons would effectively mask any contribution from pig.

http://phys.org/news...rid-humans.html

...just when i thought i for once found something to post first!! ;)

• Like 1

I knew it!! That's why cannibals compare the taste of human flesh to pork!! :wacko:vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif urp... they call it "long pork".

I knew it!! That's why cannibals compare the taste of human flesh to pork!! :wacko:vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif urp... they call it "long pork".

naaaah, in my opinion, it tastes much more like chicken! :D

Human beings being descended from "apes and swine"? Where have we heard this before?

LOL

Did you just discover another religious miracle?