Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Was Jesus a Buddhist monk?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#46    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostArbitran, on 19 April 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

I don't hate you for trying, but please. Can you present any argument or evidence which would make me think that I should take any of this seriously? You're sure to get some sort of award or at least fame from it: people have been trying for 2,000 years. And no one has succeeded yet. Let's see if you're any better than all the rest. Go ahead.

This one sure does take the cake.
Look who is talking???
A person who has been asked umpteen times for evidence (yess sire, the same word that you have just used.) for his outlandish claims and never ever has bothered to provide any, is asking another for evidence.

Is there an UM award for comedy??
Please award it to him...Please.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#47    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

The Buddhist symbol of the eight-spoked wheel is also found in Saint Peter's Plaza in Vatican.

In 1921, Sir Charles Eliot, writing of apparent similarities between Christian practices and their counterparts in Buddhist tradition, expressed the view that: " When all allowance is made for similar causes and coincidences, it is hard to believe that a collection of such practices as clerical celibacy, confession, the veneration of relics, the use of the rosary and bells can have originated independently in both religions."wiki
Btw Eliot was in China during Opium wars. He was on ship Nemesis durimg naval battles which was proud of British navy.

Gruber and Kersten (1995) claim that Buddhism had a substantial influence on the life and teachings of Jesus.[4] They claim that Jesus was influenced by the teachings and practices of Therapeutae, described by the authors as teachers of the Buddhist Theravada school then living in Judaea. They assert that Jesus lived the life of a Buddhist and taught Buddhist ideals to his disciples

Similar quotes:

Jesus: If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also.
Buddha: If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words.

Jesus: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, “Friend, let me take the speck out of your eye,” when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You, hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.
Buddha: The faults of others are easier to see than one’s own; the faults of others are easily seen, for they are sifted like chaff, but one’s own faults are hard to see. This is like the cheat who hides his dice and shows the dice of his opponent, calling attention to the other’s shortcomings, continually thinking of accusing him.

Jesus: Your father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.
Buddha: The great cloud rains down on all whether their nature is superior or inferior. The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low.

Jesus: He said to them, “When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “No, not a thing.”
Buddha: Then the Lord addressed the monks, saying: “I am freed from all snares. And you, monks, you are freed from all snares.”

Jesus: The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Buddha: If by giving up limited pleasures one sees far-reaching happiness, the wise one leaves aside limited pleasures, looking to far-reaching happiness.

Jesus: Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it.
Buddha: With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging.

Here is more quotes

http://www.johnworld...om/budjesus.asp

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#48    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image
An early Christian wheel-like ichthys symbol

The Buddhist Wheel of Dhamma
Posted Image
Posted Image

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#49    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 15 April 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Hmm I saw this book in a nearby book store, "Jesus lived in India: The unknown life of Jesus Christ". I think it's the same book you describe OP. I didn't read it, so I cant make any assessments. But I always found interesting the Christ = kṛṣṇa (Krishna) similarity :)
Do tell please.

#50    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postand then, on 16 April 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

In Islam the tradition about Jesus (Issa)is that he survived the cross and was taken to heaven alive.  He is expected to return in the last days to Damascus.  He will reject Christians and say that he never told anyone he was the son of god.  He will pray "after" Mahdi and will kill all Jews and Christians who will not convert to the true religion of Islam.

The disciples all died as martyrs except John:
http://poptop.hyperm...et/howdied.html
Thanks. :tu:

#51    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostMelo, on 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

A circle is a geometrical figure, that anyone can draw.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#52    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 16 April 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

I've researched this extensively and Issa as Jesus was a hoax. I can provide sources later but wanted to say this now. In a few hours ill return with some writing and sources if this thread is still kicking.
Please, Is Nikolaj Issa hoax?
Because I read that people say he wasnt in Tibet and India at all yet ha described some things that only person being there can.
Also mention names of people and so on.

#53    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 19 April 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

A circle is a geometrical figure, that anyone can draw.
Its not just circle. You can call Yin Yang symbol just circle too.

#54    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 April 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Almost all gnostic documents were written more then 200 years after Jesus's death. Where as the synoptic gospols were all written within 50 years of Jesus's death. Which is the better source material, do you suppose?

Budda performed miracles, perhaps, but so did the Egyptian sorcerers that confronted Moses when he went to beg for the Israelites to be freed. The Bible mentions a sorcerer, Simon, who controlled a lot of Sameria. So, magical ability was not confined to Budda and Jesus.

All gnostic documents are written 200 years after Jesus?  :blink: I cant believe this. Did you check this info?
Maybe Gnostic text about JC. Because Book of enoch is written way before Jesus was born for example.

Also Buddha s miracles were like Abrahamic miracles. He walked on water like Jesus. He split water like Moses and so on.
Similarities.

#55    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 17 April 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

Heck, why not? After all, Buddha was canonised by the Orthodox Church as St. Josaphat. Fair's fair, and all that.
:w00t:

#56    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostArbitran, on 17 April 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

Thank you. I have many other things like this, for my other theses, but this one was far simpler to write out: I have it posted to my wall.
Please share it with us.

#57    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostParacelse, on 17 April 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

History is written by the winners.
Not true. Historians know other side too. Ofcourse there is some gaps in histories but when several sources confirm something... :hmm:

#58    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostMelo, on 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well-spotted Melo. I myself have noted this on several occasions. It certainly is interesting.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#59    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostMelo, on 19 April 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Please share it with us.

Share which thing?

If I caused any confusion, let me clarify: I have evidence for all of my theses, however it is challenging to write it all out properly here, due to the scope and length of said evidence. I am compiling it all in books for a reason.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#60    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostArbitran, on 19 April 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Well-spotted Melo. I myself have noted this on several occasions. It certainly is interesting.
Saint Peter's Plaza in Vatican

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users