Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 headed man,and a 2 headed snake

Canadian Rottweiler

This is from my crytozoology book.It is of a two headed man,and a 2 headed snake.The third pic describes these two.

post-10180-1097376698.jpg

post-10180-1097376708.jpg

post-10180-1097376719.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Canadian Rottweiler

• TooFarGone

• Talon

Damn. Poor guy will never find a hat that fits him...

Damn. Poor guy will never find a hat that fits him...

298901[/snapback]

Hahahahaha laugh.gif

I'm not sure of the proper terms for it, but sometimes the second twin is absorbed by the first twin ( not siamese ).

Theres been a few cases where operations have removed the second twin. I've never seen one like this though, is there 100% proof of it being real?

What the heack was that doing in a book about cryptozoology? huh.gif Or was it something more general, like Fortean stuff?

blink.gif Is that pic of the 2 headed man real? I've seen stuff about 2 headed snakes b4, but the one with the man...never one like that before...

The top head looks kinda fake...no sign of age and very smooth in comparison to the "bigger" head...

dontgetit.gif I dunno...where did you find that?

I'm not sure of the proper terms for it, but sometimes the second twin is absorbed by the first twin ( not siamese ).

Theres been a few cases where operations have removed the second twin. I've never seen one like this though, is there 100% proof of it being real?

298977[/snapback]

The 2 headed guy is real. I saw a documentary about him (maybe it was another guy- I thought the doc I saw said the guy was from China) and you're correct Tia it is one twin that has "cannibalized" the other. In this case not fully. The second head had independant responses like opening and closing its wouth...etc. It was a well done doc. about the whole phenomenon of siamese twins, I wish I could remember it's title.

Thanks for the info Dot.

I read somewhere how the absorbed twin parts would continue to grow, but imagine having independant movement blink.gif .

I read about that too.

Sometimes in a person in their late 30's they'll start getting stomach pains and go in for an x-ray. The doctors will say they have a tumour and need to get it removed. Upon removal it is noted that the 'tumour' had formed adult teeth and ears and fingers. A twin pretty much living inside it's twins body for 30+ years!!

The second head had independant responses like opening and closing its wouth...etc.

299027[/snapback]

blink.gif HOLY SH**! That's INSANE! blink.gif

Yea it was....I'm pretty sure it was on Discovery...I will go take a look on Discovery.ca to see if I can find anything further about it.

I couldn't find a pic of the man in question but if you google for images of "conjoined twins" you will find lots (I didn't feel it was necessary to exploit them by postingpictures of those with this birth defect here).

It is a birth defect plain and simple.

i believe its called a parasitic twin,

i saw a show about a guy who had twin removed, it was huge, the guy was skinny but his belly was huge because of the twin, the thing had hair and all, the hair alone weighed somthing like 10 pounds

Ah...Bloodmoon that was the word...here is a link on parasitic twins. There are different kinds.

Types of Parasitic Twins

Epigastric parasites. Jack Hunter calls these "heteradelphians" (literally 'different sibling'). This category describes the phenomenon of an incomplete twin, usually consisting of a diminutive body attached at the epigastrum (lower abdomen). Some of these twins have a rudimentary head imbedded in the autosite's (host twin's) abdominal cavity, and the growth of this structure can cause complications with organ growth. In the case of Betty Lou Williams, this is probably the cause of her death. All of these twins are acephalic-acardiac, meaning they are both without a brain and without a heart, and completely dependent on the autosite.

Dipygus ('double buttocks') or pygomelia ('limbs attached to the buttocks'). This describes duplication of the lower extremities. In complete dipygus, two small pelves are situated side-by side and the person has active control over all four legs. In Myrtle Corbin, both sets of sexual organs were also fully functional. Though her inner legs were small and atrophied due to lack of use, she was able to move them independently. Abdul-Aziz Rainloun, born in South Africa in 1992, also had complete dipygus, but two of his four legs were surgically removed when he was 3 years old. Dipygus parasiticus cases have imperfectly developed legs attached to the pelvis or lower spine and may have passive control over these limbs, but cannot move them individually. The twin, in this case, may have extra hands, feet, breasts, etc. as well.

Craniopagus parasites. The most famous example of this case was the Two-Headed Boy of Bengal (since I don't know his real name, I haven't made a page for him). This child had a second, well-developed head attached upside-down at the top of his cranium. His configuration resembled that of vertical craniopagus twins, except that the neck of the second head ended in a small stump of a neck. When he made facial expressions, the features of the second head also moved; when he nursed, the second mouth salivated. Sadly, the child died from a cobra bite at the age of 4 years. His body was exhumed by Everard Home, the apprentice of the famous surgeon John Hunter. Upon autopsy, the neck stump of the parasitic head was shown to contain fragments of bone and tiny vestiges of a heart and lungs. The skull still resides in the Hunterian Museum in London.

A more recent case of a craniopagus parasite is Rebeca Martinez from the Dominican Republic. Born in December 2003, Rebeca had a second head very similar in structure to that of the Two-Headed Boy. Its facial features were badly deformed and some vestigial limb buds were attached to the neck stump. The second head also contained a partial brain and scans showed some low-level brain function belonging to the parasitic twin. Tragically, Rebeca Martinez bled to death during an operation to remove the parasitic twin, which doctors predicted would have interfered with her mental development if left intact.

Fetus in fetu. One fetus is encapsulated in a cyst inside the body, usually in the abdominal cavity, of its twin. Gould & Pyle's Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine (1896) presents many cases of fetus-in-fetu, some of which were not detected until the "host" twin began complaining of abdominal pains in adulthood.

There is another condition frequently confused for fetus-in-fetu, known as a dermoid cyst. These cysts can become very large and are lined with actual skin tissue that can grow hair, sweat, and secrete sebum (skin oil). Dermoid cysts have also been found to contain bone fragments, teeth, and even partial faces and tongues. They are often filled with a waxy substance consisting of shed skin cells and sebum, which usually slough off of our skin, but have nowhere to go inside the cyst and thus are compacted into solid matter.

Diprosopus and Sonic Hedgehog

Since several hundred thousand (possibly several million) separate proteins are involved in the making of a complex life form, biologists often give them whimsical names in order to keep them straight. "Sonic hedgehog" was the name given in the 1980s to a protein found only in embryos, which responsible for establishing the body's midline. A sonic hedgehog deficiency was found to be the cause of cyclopia - a gruesome, fatal birth defect in which both eyes are contained within the same socket, giving the appearance of the legendary Greek Cyclops. Cyclopia is a symptom of holoprosencephaly, literally "whole forebrain", meaning that the brain is not divided into hemispheres like a normal brain, but is rather a single lump of tissue. Since the hemispheric division of the brain - produced by the sonic hedgehog protein - is the basis for the midline, embryos without divided brains are confused, so to speak, about how far apart their eyes need to be. Sonic hedgehog is the reason most of us have two eye sockets, set a reasonable distance apart, with a symmetrical nose in between them. A "cyclops" has only one eye socket and no nose.

Though less understood than cyclopia, sirenomelia (literally "mermaid limbs" - a fatal fusion of the lower limbs into a single, flipper-like extremity) is believed to be another defect caused by sonic hedgehog deficiency.

What, then, is the outcome when too much sonic hedgehog is introduced into a developing embryo? Scientists have produced this scenario artificially by dousing chicken embryos with an abnormally large dose of the protein. The result is that many of the chicks are born with their eyes very far apart. Some even have two beaks. This would suggest that duplication of the facial features may in fact be caused by an overdose of sonic hedgehog - not by incomplete twinning, as is frequently believed. Armand Marie LeRoi (author of Mutants) maintains that Ditto, a two-faced pig who appears in a California sideshow, is an example of how sonic hedgehog can be the cause of diprosopus.

Actually, I think that was guy was a fake. I read it in a book somewhere. There was a guy who ahd another face on his head. It was his brothers, parasitic i guess. Anyway, the 2nd face couldnt make noise, but it used to laugh at him, and say things to him. So, the man was so upset that he commited suicide, killing both himself, and his "brother".

Edited by jeremy_rumbolt

Which in particular was a fake Jeremy? I do know that parasitic twins do exist.

The documentary I saw was not a fake...it examined siamese twins from the freak show days to todays life saving operations. The man I was talking about had a second partial face towasrds the side/back of his head. It's mouth would open and close. It was very bizarre.

This book only shows things that have been carefully studied by scientists and have been proven to be authentic.The book has an answer to most of the mysteries in it.The name of the book is "The world's greatest mysteries".

Heres a two- headed calf...

[attachmentid=6282]

Heres a two- headed turtle... I'n not sure if this one is fake or not...

[attachmentid=6283]

post-5185-1097437524.jpg

post-5185-1097437566.jpg