Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death (The Grim Reaper)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Sainty

Sainty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Death is often given the name Grim Reaper and, from the 15th century onwards, came to be shown as a skeletal figure carrying a large scythe (A harvesting tool) and clothed in a black cloak with a hood. It is also given the name of the Angel of Death or Devil of Death or the angel of dark and light. The reaper is said to been seen at your first moment of death, it will look over your life to see if you are to go to Heaven or Hell. Some people also say there are many more than one Reaper as it would be hard with many deaths per day.  
Itís kind of hard to believe in cases of why are there ghosts around us then? But what do you guys think?
Thanks.
Sainty

Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong topic area, if so please move it to the right one Thanks!

Attached Files

There is a Hell believe I've seen it. There is a Heaven lets keep it a secret.

#2    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

There's more than just the grim reaper in mythology.

Check this out. They're called psychopomps.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Psychopomp

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#3    Sainty

Sainty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostBracket, on 02 January 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

There's more than just the grim reaper in mythology.

Check this out. They're called psychopomps.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Psychopomp

Yes, I have heard about them but how do they really exist when there are ghost still wondering the earth?

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostSainty, on 02 January 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Yes, I have heard about them but how do they really exist when there are ghost still wondering the earth?
they are not ghosts, they are creatures, angels, spirits or gods.

#5    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostErix, on 02 January 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

they are not ghosts, they are creatures, angels, spirits or gods.

I think what she's asking is if these beings are collecting the spirits of the dead, why are people reporting seeing ghosts.

Edited by Bracket, 02 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#6    Sainty

Sainty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostBracket, on 02 January 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

I think what she's asking is if these beings are collecting the spirits of the dead, why are people reporting seeing ghosts.
Yes thats what I mean

#7    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Because ghosts are just like a replay of an event, what you are talking about are spirits ones that have crossed over either into the light or the dark and they can return to visit or (dark) to torment if you muck around in the wrong areas.

I have so many dying people around me atm that when death is less then 24hrs away I notice lots of white misty bits floating around the room and the pt. I like to think of them as loved ones waiting to help the person pass when the time comes.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostSainty, on 02 January 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Death is often given the name Grim Reaper and, from the 15th century onwards, came to be shown as a skeletal figure carrying a large scythe (A harvesting tool) and clothed in a black cloak with a hood. It is also given the name of the Angel of Death or Devil of Death or the angel of dark and light. The reaper is said to been seen at your first moment of death, it will look over your life to see if you are to go to Heaven or Hell. Some people also say there are many more than one Reaper as it would be hard with many deaths per day.  
Itís kind of hard to believe in cases of why are there ghosts around us then? But what do you guys think?
Thanks.
Sainty

Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong topic area, if so please move it to the right one Thanks!

The Grim Reaper comes from the Black Death.

The locals would report Grime Reaper characters wondering around the outskirts of their settlements before plague struck.

#9    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,842 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Death sometimes shows up as a wee folk too. Sometimes ole Grim types are more of a warning of death coming or the severing of life rather than a guy that collects your soul and takes it somewhere. Reaping and gathering up are kind of two different things. Kind of like in the fields- one guy swings a scythe, cutting down the plants, and another guy does the actual bundling up and carting off of the plants.

That may explain ghosts. If the Grim Reaper is a real critter, his job is to reap life, not necessarily take those reapings anywhere. I suppose taking the reaped soul somewhere would fall under the job jurisdiction of critters like angels, guardian spirits, totem animals, other spirit guide types. Or maybe none of those things exist, and souls just wander around till they figure out where ever is is they are supposed to go to.

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,055 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostSainty, on 02 January 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Who said they really exist?

#11    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 January 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Who said they really exist?

The Movies. Duh. ;)

Edited by Mike G, 02 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image

#12    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

:su :w00t:  

I love William Sadler! I hope he makes it in the 3rd movie!! He was the mean rapist dude from Shawshank Redemption..

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#13    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#14    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostTia, on 02 January 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Because ghosts are just like a replay of an event, what you are talking about are spirits ones that have crossed over either into the light or the dark and they can return to visit or (dark) to torment if you muck around in the wrong areas.

I have so many dying people around me atm that when death is less then 24hrs away I notice lots of white misty bits floating around the room and the pt. I like to think of them as loved ones waiting to help the person pass when the time comes.

Do you really think you see these white, misty bits? You should set up a camera and prove it! ;)

#15    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 02 January 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Do you really think you see these white, misty bits? You should set up a camera and prove it! ;)

Prove it to whom?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users