Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bermuda Triangle? fact or fiction

Iceman15

Anyone know any info about the mysterious Bermuda Triangle?

Some say it contains sea monsters.....

Some say it was created by the Devil.....

Some say its a time portal......

What do u say?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• Lord Umbarger

• Iceman15

• Adam2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've interested in finding the truth behind this thing.

To some people it's "Methane gas" that has brought these airplanes down.

There was a program I was watching. And some guy (not the member) said that he was flying & ended up where he was going early. And he was inside a tunnel of clouds.

It is fiction, created in large part by Charles Berlitz. The Bermuda Triangle region is the single most heavily traveled region by air and sea near the contigous U.S., and the training ground for dozens of Navy bases. In fact, with the heavy traffic in the region, we should statistically expect even more accidents and disappearances, however, because of the heavy monitoring (because of the traffic), we actually see less in that region.

Anyone know any info about the mysterious Bermuda Triangle?

Some say it contains sea monsters.....

Some say it was created by the Devil.....

Some say its a time portal......

What do u say?

I say its a little of all of the above.

fiction, as aquatus1 points out it is a busy place... I think statistically the great lakes in the U.S. are more dangerous...

Nah, it's pretty much entirely on Charles Berlitz. The guy exagerrated, misled, and outright fabricated, a bunch of stories concerning the Triangle and made them out to be fact. Once his book came out, the whole thing took off, and few bothered checking the stories for credibility.

i think its a load of you know what too...but, i wanna know, if the ships and planes all mentioned missing are somewhat fabricated, then where are they?

There are missing planes and ships but no more than average.

Edited by coldethyl

And a few of them are safely moored in dock with their owners. Several ships reported "missing" simply slipped their mooring lines and were later returned by the Coast Guard (not very picky, Berlitz).

Lords Of London, an insurance company, doesn't charge any extra for vessels or cargo passing through the BT than they do for any like cargo or ships any where else. That kind of sinches it for me. If there was something to this, then there would be a higher insurance rate. No one would risk losing money if there wasanything to this. It all comes down to money. If it don't make dollars, it don't make cents!

Money talks, B.S. walks.

Lords Of London, an insurance company, doesn't charge any extra for vessels or cargo passing through the BT than they do for any like cargo or ships any where else. That kind of sinches it for me. If there was something to this, then there would be a higher insurance rate. No one would risk losing money if there wasanything to this. It all comes down to money. If it don't make dollars, it don't make cents!

Money talks, B.S. walks.

That makes so much sense, it's scary......thanks :tu:

it is gas!

the gas in the area disperses the oxygen which makes the air and water lighter and so boats sink and planes cant fly to correct standards.

Before attempting to find an explanation for the phenomena, it behooves one to confirm that the phenomena actually exists.

In this case, it doesn't. One doesn't need to invoke gas to explain any mysterious disappearances, because there are none, or at least, no mmore so than any other part of the ocean, and less than some.

the gas in the area disperses the oxygen which makes the air and water lighter and so boats sink and planes cant fly to correct standards.

As I recall, they proved that it could happen but, that by no means proves that it does happen. From the way that they discribed it, it really seemed more like something that would happen in a swamp instead of the ocean.

As I recall, they proved that it could happen but, that by no means proves that it does happen. From the way that they discribed it, it really seemed more like something that would happen in a swamp instead of the ocean.

The place where you are most likely to see this occur is in oil fields, where the drilling disturbs pockets of gas. It is a very real danger for oil rigs to have the water around them gassify, at which time the rig falls into the ocean much like a stone. Inevitably, the gas ignites, and the heat is so intense that one find little more than slag at the bottom of the ocean afterwards. It is truly an awesome and terrible thing to watch.

Now that you mention it, I think that I recall seeing footage of something like that happening to an oil rig. And NO, it was not in a swamp! It was in the Gulf of Mexico, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

do ships or planes still get missing around these parts? isn't bermuda one of hotspots for tourism?

another big problem with the triangle is defining where it is . every depiction of it is a little different. sometimes it's goes out over the saragasso . sometimes up the south eastern part of the mainland . it should be called the devils area--lol more of a expanding trapezoid than anything else .

methane ? er--maybe but maybe not-- i figure if there was that much gas out there --they would be drilling everywhere .

mostly just unlucky and inexperienced sailors and flyers --unpredictable weather . and like all the old stories--they get bigger with age .

i do like the time-slip idea --where time slows down or speeds up --and sort of takes your aircraft along with it . some interesting storm/cloud's do pop- up out of nowhere from time to time.

the devils triangle is about as 'haunted' as any part of interstate where there just happens to be a lot of tragic accidents. come to think of it--maybe pretty scary afterall ?

Just as a completely far flung idea, and slightly weird, could it be an area of atlantis which is protecting itself from others, as most of the incidents have been with military based ships+planes, via some magnetic field Overlay the maps. Can u see the parts of atlantis withing the triangle?Compare the 2 maps:

[attachmentid=29747] [attachmentid=29748]

Any ideas or views on this?

post-46375-1164918764_thumb.jpg

post-46375-1164918797_thumb.jpg

Common, it was 5 days since I posted this. ^^^^^ You must have some idea on this. Am i talking rubbish??

Someone say something please.... :P

Well I'm no help because I don't believe in Atlantis or that the Bermuda Triangle is cursed.

The methane thing could work, but not on all accounts. How do you explain that thing with the squad of fighter planes that disapeared over it in the 1940s? There's just too many holes in the methane theory, along with all the others. There's also been other accounts of people flying through it and ending up around California, with not enough real time to get there, and not enough fuel. I don't think it's cursed, but occasionally strange things do happen around that area. Most of it however I believe is a lot of hype.