Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Dimension when we sleep?

Bombina Orientalis

I'm not saying that this is what I believe, but what if when we go to sleep and dream, we're really falling into another dimension? What if we're living another life everytime we go to sleep? Of course, that's just illogical, but it's a "what if..." type of thing.

Your thoughts?

~Don't be harsh~

I'm not saying that this is what I believe, but what if when we go to sleep and dream, we're really falling into another dimension? What if we're living another life everytime we go to sleep? Of course, that's just illogical, but it's a "what if..." type of thing.

Your thoughts?

~Don't be harsh~

Can't say that I agree with this, but I've had many friends who suggested the same thing. Dreams need to be studied a lot more before anybody will know anything for sure. When something in unexplained, any suggestion is better than nothing. Plus, I like the idea of being somewhere else when we dream. I've also heard through one friend, that he believed that dreams were past or future lives. I don't know how this is possible when I dream about my family and friends, and they are in this life. Either way, there has to be a reason we dream, and I do like that idea.

@Larving

There could possibly be a limit-less amount of different dimensions. Maybe that's why are dreams almost are never connected.

i was thinking about it too bombina.....i had that same thought :)

I do like that idea that NRS added about the friend who suggested that our dreams are experiences from past or future lives. I have recurring dreams sometimes that take place in the same place, places which I have never been to in this lifetime, but my mind knows it so clearly that it's always a possibility that I could have been there in another lifetime.

:)

Interesting thought.

I remember getting told once, that when we are asleep or dreaming our spirit/soul is supposed to rise from our body and wonder around or go to a different place (no its not an out of body experience)and when we are awake they come back. We have no recall of this.

I don't know how true this is though.

Edited by Hp213

Maybe when we sleep are minds are more open to other dimensions. Maybe we dont acess other people in those dimension, but their thought waves mingle with ours. When we sleep our mind wakes up in some ways, but sleeps in other ways. The areas that go to sleep could be the part of the mind that interfears in some way with sensing thought waves. There could even be a 'dream' dimension that connects them all on some level. Some people might have less 'interferance' so they can sense things with their waking mind as well.

• 1 year later...

I am constantly entering a dimension where me and my brother are driving from the backseat of our cars. I know it sounds strange...and apparently it's a world full of people with really long arms, and the good Lord only knows who's operating the pedals.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could spend some time there and get a little more comfortable with the crazy backseat thing. I'm always afraid I'm going to get in a wreck or be pulled over for breaking the law but that's just because I am use to the laws of this earth. Next time I visit, I'm going to try and not act so crazy and just realize that it's another dimension and that driving from the backseat is the in thing. Well...that might happen unless darth vader is chasing me. If that happens, I'll never get comfortable with it.

Edited by meanbritches

HP, that sounds EXACTLY like an OBE. And it's true we all do it, but most aren't conciously aware of it.

I am constantly entering a dimension where me and my brother are driving from the backseat of our cars. I know it sounds strange...and apparently it's a world full of people with really long arms, and the good Lord only knows who's operating the pedals.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could spend some time there and get a little more comfortable with the crazy backseat thing. I'm always afraid I'm going to get in a wreck or be pulled over for breaking the law but that's just because I am use to the laws of this earth. Next time I visit, I'm going to try and not act so crazy and just realize that it's another dimension and that driving from the backseat is the in thing. Well...that might happen unless darth vader is chasing me. If that happens, I'll never get comfortable with it.

Perhaps this dream is trying to tell you that you 'take a back-seat' in your life and that may be why you feel a loss of control. Maybe you need to take more control of your life and decisions etc?

I just read an interesting article about dreaming about a week ago. Here goes the most interesting bits:

There are several types of dreams for all entities and for some there are more specialized types of dreams. We shall go over what this instrument would call the garden variety of dreams first, and that is the typically half-remembered, somewhat chaotic dream which has elements within it which are recognizable from the recent past. That which occurred within the recent past was not the appropriate solution for your mind or your emotions or your physical vehicle or your spirit and thusly a proportion of your mind is working out different ways of experiencing the situation which was not satisfactory to you or which held a meaning to you that was subconsciously recognized at the time. Thus, in the non-dramatic dream where the images are scattered and do not seem clear, it is important simply to recognize that you are more than casually troubled by something within the experiences which are being rehearsed within the dream experience in whatever distorted form. These are new items of distress and have not yet descended to the level of deep dreaming. These are the easiest dreams to work with, therefore, for although they may not seem as clear or as important, that small change which is dealt with in a daily manner, when balanced, becomes a very, very large amount over the long run.

It is important to remember the absolute necessity of the dreaming process. Therefore, even if you cannot remember the dreams at all, at least at first, never fear that you are lacking in the dream experience but assume that there is some other reason for the dreams to be removed from the ability to recall. In some cases, perhaps it is not well that the conscious mind deal with that which the subconscious mind finds conflicting and difficult. This will, however, cause the one who does not remember the dreams finally to experience a clearer dreaming process, perhaps in a more dramatic manner, say, than one who remembers dreams in a regular fashion and works with the images and their impact upon waking reality and what your own spirit has undergone in order to withstand or bear the catalyst that you re-experience in the dream.

The other, shall we say, garden variety type of dream is the so-called clear dreaming where one feels one is conscious within the dream. It is unusual for an entity to be able to cause the dream body to move and accept the living consciousness of the living self, therefore it is difficult, for instance, to cause the self in the dream to move limbs, eyes or mouth, however, it is perfectly possible to observe the self and these dreams are normally easier to remember. These dreams of clarity come to you after a certain amount of suffering.

It is not always relationships that cause one to suffer. One’s progress through life may be a course which is causing suffering. One’s lack of excellent equipment may be holding one back from what one feels to be one’s true career. There are many, many things, beginning with those experiences within your younger times, that are linked in a chain throughout the years, where you as an entity have continually avoided balancing some certain disappointment, difficulty or challenge. These dreams often recur. Common themes are loss of control, lack of preparation for a test; basically those feeling times which indicate some sort of fear or negative emotion which the self is attempting to deal with while maintaining the integrity of the conscious mind. Dreaming is to be welcomed as it is an absolute spiritual necessity, an absolute physical necessity, [and] emotional and mental necessity. Therefore, not only the sleeping but the dreaming is to be valued for these two simple things alone.

Yet there are other types of dreams. There is the prophetic dream. This is caused by a sensitive instrument’s picking up the simultaneous time in the future—which is actually simultaneous with right now—when something usually disastrous may happen. If it is a very clear dream, do not be surprised if it comes true. This is not a particularly common occurrence but is common enough to be mentioned. Also to be mentioned in this regard, with more interest, is that sort of clear dream which prophesizes in a parable or extended metaphor concerning choices to be made in the near future. These are dreams greatly to be valued and carefully to be studied.

There are two very esoteric types of dreams, which some have at some point within their lives, and some do not. It simply depends upon where that particular spirit is in its evolution. If one has come to this plane of existence from another in which memories are retained at some level, it is not surprising that some who call themselves wanderers would dream of adventures and heroics of one kind or another in the service of those who are desperate for help.

This is an experience which those who choose the path of service to others will inevitably go through. Thus, you are remembering that which has happened to you in another illusion and you need not expect it to make sense except as a fantasy; let it be a fantasy to you.

This is not an important type of dream, for you see you are now an Earth person. You have incarnated and are just as much under the planetary, natural law as any third-density Earth native. The real work of living a life in faith is living it within this illusion, at this time, with no evidence of glory or perfection outstanding. The challenge is to feel the glory and the majesty of creation, to feel the life that is lived now, to feel oneself opening as a flower to the Creator. These memories of aid do not truly help the émigré to Earth, for it is here that each spirit has chosen to make—once again—that great choice, of service to others or service to self. And we have all come with balanced karma, but we will not leave unless that karma remains balanced. Consequently, we urge each in this sort of dream experience to acknowledge that you, perhaps, had unusual adventures. But remember always that you are here to love and to accept love, to be wise and accept wisdom, to feel the time, to feel the space that is the appropriate time for each thing.

There is one more type of dream that some do have who are very intensely working upon the indigo-ray center, that is, who are doing work in consciousness. Such will remember being with a teacher but will not remember what is taught. This is, of course, as it should be, for those things which are of true help in taming the unruly spirit of mankind are far below the conscious level of control.

The aggressive impulse that has come to you through the type of body which each chose to inhabit, the variousness of free will, all of these things cause you to experience a normal, human experience. However, within the dream state, it is possible to receive instruction that may, over a period of time, aid in the instinctive reactions to challenging situations in order that your spirit may be calm and untroubled while the concern is put aside and the problem at hand approached as an enjoyable challenge. With this type of dream as well, it is very unlikely that you shall be able to remember that which you have been taught. On some occasions there will be one thought or one sentence which you are left with. It is well to write that down, for these are your teachers, these are those who are with you always, these are the Comforter which vibrates in that vibration which comforts you. So bless and welcome your teachers, they have much to tell you.

We have not touched upon the nightmare for the nightmare is not a different kind of dream. A nightmare can be that which was caused by the happenings of the day, that which was caused by repeated trauma in childhood. The classic, shall we say, nightmare is simply that type of dream which is very, very useful to examine, for what is feared, how it is feared and what the situation that is feared is actually like, this sort of working with the dream is most helpful.

Now, we are aware that it is felt sometimes that there is some help in offering difficult images in the dreaming process. However, we may suggest that you protect yourself by praying as you sleep, that is, as you enter the state of sleep. A simple prayer, the Lord’s prayer or a simple childhood rhyme, thus surrounding yourself with the love and the light of the Creator which you remember instantaneously and Who instantaneously sheds grace abundant upon you.

The psychic greeting dream does exist but is so very specialized that it is extremely rare. Realize that your own lives have shown you abuse, terror, shame, humiliation and many extremes you would much prefer not having experienced. All of this is catalyst and is dealt with largely on the subconscious level. So your nightmares are actually attempts to heal and are to be valued as much as the happiest dream, for they represent a valiant and courageous subconscious mind which is quite determined to see you through that which has made you fear something or someone.There is a waking dream which is identical to a sleeping dream in terms of the brain wave pattern of an entity. This is called the day-dreaming process and is closely linked to dreaming. It is recommended that this process be monitored, much as the dreaming process is monitored, that you may discover what it is that your mind is focused upon, what your true desires are. This is what you wish to know from within yourself.

So, as you approach your sleeping time, ask yourself inwardly to dream truthful dreams and to remember them well, and, if you can, write them down. We think you will find this most helpful. It is to be remembered in analyzing dreams that a principle this instrument has learned from psychology is true. That is: each character in your dream is an aspect of yourself. This is a very large key to the analysis of many dreams.

That which you do not realize, do not remember, and will never know, that which makes sleeping and dreaming utterly necessary, is that heavenly food and drink which each sleeping entity receives by the grace of the one infinite Creator. Much healing occurs in sleep, much forgiveness is engendered in sleep. Sleep is rest not only for the body; it is food, nourishment, absolutely necessary for the Spirit within. For you starve that Spirit, my children. You do not give that Spirit its wings in the daytime hours. You do not become excited passionately about what you are doing often enough. You have not enough zest. We encourage you to learn from your dreams, to grow from your dreams, and, taking one step at a time, to allow reality to become that which you, by analyzing your dreams, have found to be the peaceful, appropriate way of joy and dance for you.

At this time we would transfer to the one known as Jim in case any have questions at this time. I leave this instrument in love and light. I am known to you as Q’uo.

(Jim channeling)

I am Q’uo, and greet each again in love and light through this instrument. At this time it is our privilege to offer ourselves in the attempt to speak to those queries which may remain upon the minds. Is there a query at this time?

Questioner: One question. I have attached a significance before to people in dreams that are new to me. People that I don’t know who appear in my dreams seem to be very significant. Would you please talk about that?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my brother. The significance, in general, for entities which appear in the dream are—we correct this instrument—is that the entity represents some aspect of the self. That this can be the case with a stranger underlines the quality of the self that has been seen, or as you might say, projected, upon the entity that is the stranger. In this instance, we would suggest that the unconscious mind is able to perceive a quality within the stranger that is obvious enough in importance to the conscious mind, being a significant aspect of the self, to bring to the attention of the self this quality. The quality may be felt rather than defined by the unconscious mind, therefore the strange entity, one unknown to the conscious self, is chosen in order that this feeling tone might be easily made apparent rather than finding this quality within a known entity and risking the coloration of the quality with what is already known in the familiar friend.

Is there another query, my brother?

Questioner: I feel like the question that I have has already been answered so I won’t ask it again. I appreciate the answer, that makes sense.

I am Q’uo. We thank you for your query, my brother. Is there another query at this time?

Questioner: How, in a few sentences, could you tell someone that writing down dreams would help the spiritual life? I would like to interest some friends in doing it but I don’t know how to tell or explain how it could be useful to them.

I am Q’uo, and we will do our best, my sister, to be brief with the description of the value of the dreaming process.

The conscious mind, the conscious entity, moves through its life observing itself and its interaction with others. This, many have called the Observer, that which talks to the self, critiques, motivates, reacts. Just so, the unconscious mind has such an observer quality that has a far broader point of view and a greater wealth of resources to offer in its commentary upon the conscious life. Thus, through the dreaming process is this commentary made available to the conscious self in order that both the conscious and unconscious portions of the mind—that male and that female quality—might be utilized in a fashion [that] when well done is of a balanced nature. Therefore, to rely only upon the conscious mind and its analysis of the life pattern is to utilize only half of the resources which are available to each entity within your illusion.

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 1

Your thoughts?

~Don't be harsh~

Very possible I don't doubt it a bit. Dreams should be studdied more, and always recorded. A lot of the times when I dream about someone, depending on the feeling of the dream, there is a connection between the two. For instance last night I dreamt that my mother got hit by a truck "not a really good dream. did not like it at all" so this morning I called my mom to see if everything was ok. Everything was fine but around 1 Am she was in a really bad mood and didn't feel good. mabey it's a coincidence mabey not. mabey the whole point of this rant was that we should listen to are dreams but not take them literaly no matter what dimension we are in.

• 6 months later...

I have been Lucid dreaming possibly all my life. The past few years the dreams have become more real where I actually believe I am living in another dimension or world during dream state. I am keeping a journal. However, the times the dreams are etched into my memory is when I am most tired and almost in sleep paralysis. They are most intense when I fall into a deep sleep usually within the first few hours. These aren't your typical dreams. I am actually living life going about what I have to do while I am in this place. It is the same world every time. Normal dreams are like thoughts where you only get bits and pieces. These are where I remember past dreams mainly within and I am aware of time. This world is dark, not ever sunny. I meet new people and carry on conversations as people often do when they meet someone new. I am happy I discovered this website/blog. I have many questions and will continue to research. A article I recently found on the topic of lucid dimensional dreaming explains. Those of us that do lucid dream are being prepared for dimensional transition and the afterlife. It goes on to say if you defend yourself and literally fight in some cases kill while dreaming. This will prevent dimensional beings from preying upon you while in this place. You will be better able to transition instead of being enslaved. I look forward to responses and I am open to all useful information. Thank you for reading.

I would say deffinalty.

But I would call it rather an "other plane of consciousness".

A plane in between the ego and the true-self.

A plane between the physical world and the spiritual (non-physical).

A place ruled by your own thoughts and emotions.

That would explain why we still feel "somehow" in a physical world but not as "intensly". You can hear, see, smell, touch and taste but you can also fly, teleport and pretty much go against the laws of physics if you please. Of course, it depends on individuals.

That would also explain why sometimes some people feel more like an "outside observer" rather than a physical body. It happens to me a lot. It feels like I'm a "singularity". Like a single point that acts like a "camera". For me, it's exactly because the inner-self is made of consciousness and consciousness in non-physical. Although sometimes, I will feel my body and only "see" it if I look into a mirror (in my dream). Depends on the setting.

My thoughts.

Edited by JayMark

I have been Lucid dreaming possibly all my life. The past few years the dreams have become more real where I actually believe I am living in another dimension or world during dream state. I am keeping a journal. However, the times the dreams are etched into my memory is when I am most tired and almost in sleep paralysis. They are most intense when I fall into a deep sleep usually within the first few hours. These aren't your typical dreams. I am actually living life going about what I have to do while I am in this place. It is the same world every time. Normal dreams are like thoughts where you only get bits and pieces. These are where I remember past dreams mainly within and I am aware of time. This world is dark, not ever sunny. I meet new people and carry on conversations as people often do when they meet someone new. I am happy I discovered this website/blog. I have many questions and will continue to research. A article I recently found on the topic of lucid dimensional dreaming explains. Those of us that do lucid dream are being prepared for dimensional transition and the afterlife. It goes on to say if you defend yourself and literally fight in some cases kill while dreaming. This will prevent dimensional beings from preying upon you while in this place. You will be better able to transition instead of being enslaved. I look forward to responses and I am open to all useful information. Thank you for reading.

You shouldn't put much stock into dimentional beings preying on you and trying to enslave people. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting thought! We could slip in to many dimensions when we sleep..

Your thoughts?

~Don't be harsh~

Hmm I dont know, in a sense I could sorta agree with the other dimension. Some of my Lucid dreams scare me and I dont get scared all that often.

When I read your thread, whatsprings to my mind is, when we enter a certain state of dreaming we leave our bodies and by some 'means' enter the body of another whether its in this dimension or the next. Thats just what I gathered myself.

As believing it, I dont know, I agree with some of the posters that dreaming especialy IMO Lucid Dreaming needs to be studied a hell of a lot more.

This subject is something that interests me greatly, im my dreams im always me and quite a lot of my dreams are connected

like part of a series.

i always dream and remember most, some of my dreams effect me quite deeply and the feelings they give me last long into the day and can actually effect how my day goes with regard to my mood.

From a young age i have dreamed of a boy and a girl who seemed to be 5 or so years older than me and always quite wise, they never said that they were from another dimension but its what ive always felt. I first remember them from the age of around 5 the setting of the dream is always the same, i am stood on the shore of a large lake on the far shore is a massive city this is where the boy and girl come from, they arrive by a motor boat, both they and the city seem more advanced than us, like their 20 or so years ahead of us, there is nothing in what they say or do to justify this its just how it feels.

my dreams of them are always incredibly vivid i can feel the air, smell the lake and hear things all around just like if i really was there, when i first see them coming i feel excited never fear or trepidation.They told me their names long ago but i can never remember when i wake, they told me that they came to help me when i needed them but they could only give me advice and could not interfere with what happens to me but would be close by, they have come to me in my dreams like this at times of change in my life, the first time was at the time my father left us. I actually feel a great love for them and feel that they love me, almost like we are related somehow. The last time i encountered them i was 17 (im 38 now, so a long time ago) they appeared to be in their early 20's and their boat was new very sleek and almost silent. They told me they had come to say goodbye and they were not allowed to help me anymore, we talked for a while then hugged and said goodbye, i stood on the shore until i couldn't make out the boat anymore then i left. Although this dream is 21 years old now i remember it like it was just now, it seemed so real like it really did happen and even now typing this i feel the emotion of the dream, the excitement of seeing them and the bitter sadness of the goodbye. I do feel that we will meet again but it will not be for a long time, the main thing with these dreams is what i feel, nothing is ever really explained i just know stuff, like the fact they are from another dimension, i also believe that others like them help other people in our dimension, again cant explain this its just what i strongly feel. i would be really interested to hear if anyone else has had similar dreams.

of course im not saying that i have been visited by interdimensional beings, i know that the human mind is an incredible thingand that i could just have a really overactive imagination, but i'll admit i do really want these people to be real and to be able to meet them again.

• 7 months later...

Whenever I have my dreams they seem so real, but the strangest thing is that I feel as if im in a differnt world. but when I dream I feel as if it is the same world and some of these dreams seem to be like in some type of order. like the actual facilities and places I dream abotu seem real.. like for example.

I me and my supposed friends that i never seen before drive through an odd looking canyon and then we drive up a really long hill then on top of this inclined area there is a building the size of a normal warhouse, but more solid built and there is a large pool of water, then on next to it even farther there is a patch that goes into differnt pool of water that says hazardous and it has high fency surrounding it in a perfect rectangle and an enter and exit door, and it says caution wave maker, but outside of the exit door fence, there are floating booeys right outside of it like 8 of them just step away and its all oceans with a lot of rapid waves all over the place, but the wierd thing is that, we talk to the guy about who controls this facility and he says the name "position" thats what it sounded like from what i remember. then later we head off and a huge building over these mountains is in some kind of emergency state and like we rush there to help the people get out. but the people there are being attacked by some huge enourmous animal with a few other people atking the workers and we go in to rescue survivors and help fight through everything and escape. then later on after all that i wake up. but all my dreams are like this but way differnt.