Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The Illuminatus Trilogy


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

Has anyone here read this (these) book(s)?
What are they?
What do you think about them?
I'm thinking about ordering this and checking it out.

thanks!


#2    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 15,338 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 15 December 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

Has anyone here read this (these) book(s)?
What are they?
What do you think about them?
I'm thinking about ordering this and checking it out.

thanks!

I've read them, but many years ago.

Bear in mind that one's enjoyment of a novel is completely subjective, and my opinion may not reflect your experience of them. However, I found the main essence of them to be one of vanity - and by that I mean the vanity of the authors. They are basically a very long-winded conspiracy theory, which should be quite obvious from the title. They weave together a few themes from various conspiracy theories, and throw in some mythology.

I also found them to be a bit misogynistic. The female characters are probably meant to be 'strong' and the authors grant them a lot of sexual freedom, but that is really the only role the female characters seem to have. Blame that on the books being a product of the time and culture in which they were written.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#3    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 16 December 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I've read them, but many years ago.

Bear in mind that one's enjoyment of a novel is completely subjective, and my opinion may not reflect your experience of them. However, I found the main essence of them to be one of vanity - and by that I mean the vanity of the authors. They are basically a very long-winded conspiracy theory, which should be quite obvious from the title. They weave together a few themes from various conspiracy theories, and throw in some mythology.

I also found them to be a bit misogynistic. The female characters are probably meant to be 'strong' and the authors grant them a lot of sexual freedom, but that is really the only role the female characters seem to have. Blame that on the books being a product of the time and culture in which they were written.

thanks!

I finished these books a few days ago.  A fun read filled with conflicting origins and practices of secret societies mixed with nearly every other conspiracy theory on earth.  Ludicrous and hard to follow at times, and at other times, impossible to stop reading.  It was a good look into Discordianism.


#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 4,577 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 21 December 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

thanks!

I finished these books a few days ago.  A fun read filled with conflicting origins and practices of secret societies mixed with nearly every other conspiracy theory on earth.  Ludicrous and hard to follow at times, and at other times, impossible to stop reading.  It was a good look into Discordianism.

We Discordians must stick apart!

If you liked the Illuminatus! trilogy, you should check out Schrodinger's Cat by R.A.W. It's the 'sequel' to Illuminatus! and just as crazy.

Also check out Thomas Pnychon's 'The Crying of Lot 49" if you want a good read that messes with your head the whole time.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#5    SarahsRiddle

SarahsRiddle

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:02 Sep 2010

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 16 December 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I've read them, but many years ago.

Bear in mind that one's enjoyment of a novel is completely subjective, and my opinion may not reflect your experience of them. However, I found the main essence of them to be one of vanity - and by that I mean the vanity of the authors. They are basically a very long-winded conspiracy theory, which should be quite obvious from the title. They weave together a few themes from various conspiracy theories, and throw in some mythology.

I also found them to be a bit misogynistic. The female characters are probably meant to be 'strong' and the authors grant them a lot of sexual freedom, but that is really the only role the female characters seem to have. Blame that on the books being a product of the time and culture in which they were written.


It's been my intuition that this "trilogy" was written by the "Illuminati" themselves to reinforce the notion (to its readers) that conspiracy theories are fun to discuss but that there's really 'no man behind the curtain'. I'm sorry you fell for that Leonardo...but you're one of many millions who refuse to understand the nature of evil while thinking that you *do* understand it.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users