Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Millions of poverty-striken Bulgarians ....

keithisco

Here you have it, when the doors to EU Immigration are opened to Bulgaria on Jan 1 2014 4MILLION Bulgarians have their eyes set on going to the UK!! This is madness on a grand scale!! And lets not forget the Rumanians as well....

"In a nationwide poll, a total of 54 per cent said that they would like to escape their poverty-stricken country and seek a better life here. The scale of the influx will send a shudder through Whitehall and could bolster Ukip’s campaign in the Eastleigh by-election in Hampshire later this month.

The Sunday Express took Ukip’s deputy leader Paul Nuttall to Bulgaria last week to see whether rumours of a stampede of migrants were exaggerated. During the three-day trip a poll of 4,400 people by the national television channel BTV delivered the startling result that more than half the population of 7.5 million have their sights set on Britain."

Read More: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/376733/Millions-of-poverty-striken-Bulgarians-want-to-move-to-Britain

I wonder how many will be able to make the move. These new EU Immigration rules, does it make it easier for immigrants to move even if they're 'poverty-striken'? Won't there be a 'flood control' for each country or something at the very least? I'll admit, my EU knowledge is greatly lacking.

Will they be coming by horse?

may be, if they don't eat them

They won`t eat them til they get here.

I wonder how many will be able to make the move. These new EU Immigration rules, does it make it easier for immigrants to move even if they're 'poverty-striken'? Won't there be a 'flood control' for each country or something at the very least? I'll admit, my EU knowledge is greatly lacking.

The "Flood Control" ends on Jan 1 2014. There will be no barriers to prevent them from flooding into the UK. The UK are required to support them all through Social Security payments if they are not working. The UK will be required to give them free Medical care (as all EU Nations have reciprocal Health Arrangements), Emergency Housing etc.IF the UK returns these Economic Migrants at their borders then it becomes liable for massive fines to the EU.

Clearly, no single Nation in the EU should be responsible for supporting such mass migration and an emergency meeting of the EU Ministers is required to obviate the strain on any single member.

Personally, if I was still a UK Resident, I would be getting really angry with a Govt. that just turns a blind eye towards this real problem (using the idea of a Referendum to move focus). The destruction of Social Cohesion is very much on the cards, total loss of National Identity (as an aside, Polish is now the 2nd widest spoken language in the UK). Criminal gangs will lead the vanguard into the UK, followed by scroungers and free - loaders!!

Several governments in other European countries are already taking subtle measures against poverty-migration. For example: heightening of prices to get your papers/id .. in short: money you have to pay to enlist yourself to get all the benefits.

Problem is that countries still decide this for themselves and there isn't a "set price" .. so the poor migrants will always end up in the cheapest place. For the time being anyway.

I guess in the coming months/years governments could continue to jack up the prices to deflect this problem onto each other. Until some actually thought out strategy is put into place, hopefully sooner than later.

Several governments in other European countries are already taking subtle measures against poverty-migration. For example: heightening of prices to get your papers/id .. in short: money you have to pay to enlist yourself to get all the benefits.

Problem is that countries still decide this for themselves and there isn't a "set price" .. so the poor migrants will always end up in the cheapest place. For the time being anyway.

I guess in the coming months/years governments could continue to jack up the prices to deflect this problem onto each other. Until some actually thought out strategy is put into place, hopefully sooner than later.

No costs are involved in registering for benefits (it is illegal under EU and all Member nations ' rules). Your own National I.D. is considered sufficient to register for Welfare Benefits.

No costs are involved in registering for benefits (it is illegal under EU and all Member nations ' rules). Your own National I.D. is considered sufficient to register for Welfare Benefits.

Nono, France asks for 250 euro for registration. The netherlands ask for 950 euroos. It's subscription money. If you want your dossier to be handled so you can establish yourself in a certain place in the country. A migrationtax if you will. Netherland was tapped on the fingers by Europe for the high price, so they had to lower it...not clear if it actually went down or by how much.

Nono, France asks for 250 euro for registration. The netherlands ask for 950 euroos. It's subscription money. If you want your dossier to be handled so you can establish yourself in a certain place in the country. A migrationtax if you will. Netherland was tapped on the fingers by Europe for the high price, so they had to lower it...not clear if it actually went down or by how much.

It is strictly illegal to ask for such monies...no person in poverty (as defined by National Criteria) is required to pay a penny - it is just required to prove that you are an EU National (with a Passport). If you want to buy a car, start up a Business, or buy a house then you must pay a small amount (7 euros in Spain) to register for Tax.

Well thats our problem here, there is no charge, you only need to get here with a passport, and if you have a child thats even better, but better still is to get pregnant while you are here and the child is British automatically.

It is strictly illegal to ask for such monies...no person in poverty (as defined by National Criteria) is required to pay a penny - it is just required to prove that you are an EU National (with a Passport). If you want to buy a car, start up a Business, or buy a house then you must pay a small amount (7 euros in Spain) to register for Tax.

Well go ahead and tell france, belgium, the netherlands, and probably more, then.

The Netherlands even made their prices higher since 2011.

Residence permit for reuniting families: 1150 euro, for medical reasons: 950 euro, and to work: 600 euro

The only thing The European court changed was the number of ppl who could get an exemption (if they ask for it) , to a certain extent.

Edited by Render

Here you have it, when the doors to EU Immigration are opened to Bulgaria on Jan 1 2014 4MILLION Bulgarians have their eyes set on going to the UK!! This is madness on a grand scale!! And lets not forget the Rumanians as well....

"In a nationwide poll, a total of 54 per cent said that they would like to escape their poverty-stricken country and seek a better life here. The scale of the influx will send a shudder through Whitehall and could bolster Ukip’s campaign in the Eastleigh by-election in Hampshire later this month.

The Sunday Express took Ukip’s deputy leader Paul Nuttall to Bulgaria last week to see whether rumours of a stampede of migrants were exaggerated. During the three-day trip a poll of 4,400 people by the national television channel BTV delivered the startling result that more than half the population of 7.5 million have their sights set on Britain."

Read More: http://www.express.c...move-to-Britain

Don't you live in Benidorm?

Why would it make any difference to you?

I see the "Express" papers as being quite Tory Conservative in their outlook.

I don't agree that with the rate of unemployment for UK residents that more imigrants can be a good thing, but I do feel that we have to look at the world as a "whole" and if others need help, or can benefit from coming to our country, then so be it.

I think there is a lot of "divide and conquer" when it comes to politics, and simply blaming imigirants for all our problems is daft.

but I do feel that we have to look at the world as a "whole" and if others need help, or can benefit from coming to our country, then so be it.

|

V

Don't you live in Benidorm?

Why would it make any difference to you?

Im just guessing that is exactly why ppl feel this concerns them, even if they don't live at all places at once.

I think there is a lot of "divide and conquer" when it comes to politics, and simply blaming imigirants for all our problems is daft.

It's not about blaming migrants, people. Of course they're gonna go to the place where they feel they will have the best life. That just makes sense.

But it helps no one to put on the blinds and act like a messiah that's gonna help everyone if the infrastructure isn't in place to support this.

Think of it as a bridge, there's only so much weight it can carry...if you're gonna invite everyone on to it, eventually it will snap...and it wont take that long.

Especially in these times you create an extra divide, because ppl can already see the poverty in their own countries, and like it or not but for some people it stings when their government goes around helping migrants instead of its own people first. It may be shortsighted a bit, because of course the government is only trying to do good for all. But the negative sentiment towards migrants only grows as long as these feelings of certain envy exists. You can't just dismiss this.

|

V

Im just guessing that is exactly why ppl feel this concerns them, even if they don't live at all places at once.

It's not about blaming migrants, people. Of course they're gonna go to the place where they feel they will have the best life. That just makes sense.

But it helps no one to put on the blinds and act like a messiah that's gonna help everyone if the infrastructure isn't in place to support this.

Think of it as a bridge, there's only so much weight it can carry...if you're gonna invite everyone on to it, eventually it will snap...and it wont take that long.

Especially in these times you create an extra divide, because ppl can already see the poverty in their own countries, and like it or not but for some people it stings when their government goes around helping migrants instead of its own people first. It may be shortsighted a bit, because of course the government is only trying to do good for all. But the negative sentiment towards migrants only grows as long as these feelings of certain envy exists. You can't just dismiss this.

Well yes, I do agree with you in theory Render, but we or should I say the people of the country involved, vote the Politians in to government. If the Government doesn't do right, then just blaming new-comers to to the country can't be right.

Our goverments are our elective representitives, dear help us all!

Well yes, I do agree with you in theory Render, but we or should I say the people of the country involved, vote the Politians in to government. If the Government doesn't do right, then just blaming new-comers to to the country can't be right.

Our goverments are our elective representitives, dear help us all!

But are we really blaming new-comers? I sure am not...but perhaps others take a shortcut to come to a conclusion.

I just blame the insufficient infrastructure to support these people. It's not fair to them either to let them come to a country only to let them live in a shelter for years on end because there simply isn't a place for them. And without a real residence you can't get a real job and a myriad of problems ensue.

Edited by Render

Well not really imo. Usually it is the less evil that you vote for. For actual agendas the general public wont be asked for their opinion. I think we the people should have more say in the day today politics than just get to vote for a representative every couple of years, especially when the outcome of any party in the end doesnt differ much just their marketing schemes of what they stand for (and mostly never actually do)

• Like 1

since the EU adopted this open border policy the UK has become the social security office for millions of europeans from the poorer EU countries. the powers that be see this as a price worth paying to remain EU members. Billions of £ pounds are leaving our shores to benefit others. the whole thing is sheer madness. truth is if we want to reclaim our borders we have to leave the EU. if you want to remain in the EU we just have to accept the situation as is. the uncontrolled immigration from such places as Romania/Bulgaria. the only good thing that will come from this, is once the man on the street witnesses the coming events, they'll turn more people towards anti EU parties.

its long been my belief that due to the inept running of the EU it, with time will lead to the far-right gaining more credence and we are already witnessing it, in the last european elections the results lurched to the right politically, followed by gains in far-right parties such as the BNP from the UK, and the equivalent party in France, National front, lead by Le Pen, and now his daughter, cast our eyes to Greece and we see a rise in a truly Far-right party. Neo Nazi's. - it wont be long before we see the same surge in Italy and Spain. the EU are slowly creating what they sought to prevent.

• Like 4

These Bulgarians are a bit of an unknown quantity...

I don't know much about the country apart from one or two things..

It's capital city is Sofia which does sound a bit effeminate.

The Black Sea's western coastline is in Bulgaria.

It has boundaries with Greece,Romania and some former Yugoslavian republics.

All the people's surnames end in V including current Fulham incumbent Dimitri Berbatov.

It's not part of the Eurozone so I can't see how Greece's recent ecominical collapse has led to be it poverty stricken.

And it used to be part of the Iron Curtain.

I'm not willing to judge a book by it's cover but four million of them.

That's half the population of London or double the one of Greater Manchester.

Maybe they could bunk down in the House Of Commons.

So simple question: Would you trust them?

... here's a thought - IF 4 million Bulgarians, and who knows how many Rumanians come here, you can bet your life that they will vote to stay in the EU if a referendum ever materialises. If they vote Cameron, Clegg, and assorted cronies out at the next General Election then the UK remains in the EU (no other main party will allow a referendum)... So either way, those who want the UK to leave the EU are Royally Stitched Up.

What does this mean, taking the wider view, for Democracy when huge numbers of Economic and Poverty Migrants can dictate the course of State Elections? A State in which they have few or no roots, and even less Social, Cultural and Historic investment - but imbued with the Power to cast their votes..

• Like 2

I've had a sea change when it comes to immigration...

I used to be nonchalant and complacent on the subject.

I even had a notion this was proto- racism.

Because these Bulgarians are going to make the integrity of this nation even more fragile.

They have already brought some bad habits in the form of horsemeat.

But this issue has nothing to do with acclimation but sustainability.

There comes a tipping point and this influx of Bulgarian will drag us into the mire.

Btw I would have inserted a " goulash" pun if this was Hungarians.

Edited by Medium Brown

I think the UK has got to do the UNTHINKABLE in EU terms. Keep the restrictions in place, pay whatever fines are levied (or not pay them) by the EU. Pay them or not, that is the UK's choice. I have enough experience of the Rumanians and Bulgarians in Spain to know that they have no interest in integration (I am talking of Poverty Immigration, and Criminal gangs now) that I would put up very strict Immigration, points scoring, systems.

Of course, Cameron, and cronies, have totally refused to engage in this most important of debates, they are more interested in deflecting attention towards a (never going to happen) referendum on EU Membership, the Falklands, Scottish Independence et al.

Somebody needs to start a campaign on the UK.Gov website to get this issue properly debated, to get the concerns of the current UK Citizens voice out there. Dont come complaining on UM, just do it!!

• Like 2

I think it's bonkers. I don't think they should be allowed in UK.

I think you should only be allowed to live in UK if

you are studying at university or college

looking for a job

getting a job/ have a job

or if your fleeing from a horrible place where you are getting tortured

But I don't think they should let in any tom, dick or harry in willy nilly.

• Like 2