Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Escaped circus elephant kills man out walking

Still Waters

An elephant has escaped from a circus and killed a man in southwest Germany after attacking him as he strolled through woods on his regular early morning walk.

The African elephant called Baby broke out of a tent at Luna Circus at around 5am on Saturday in Heilbronn and shortly afterwards attacked a man collecting bottles and cans on a sportsground 100 metres away.

Two people witnessed the attack and called the police, and the 34-year-old elephant was calmed down by a circus employee and returned to the tent.

http://www.telegraph...l-in-woods.html

Of all the ODD ways to die. Poor guy.

You dont try to domesticate an African elephant for a circus. They bought the mean one from a very crooked market. African elephants vs asian elephants have very dif temperments. No Elephants should be used in such a way.

• Like 3

You dont try to domesticate an African elephant for a circus. They bought the mean one from a very crooked market. African elephants vs asian elephants have very dif temperments. No Elephants should be used in such a way.

I'm not acquainted with German Jurisprudence but here in the States that Circus would have some serious financial issues on their horizon. Maybe that would teach them more care in their selections.

Talk about crappy luck. What are the chances of this happening? They've gotta be like one in a billion or something. It's like someone getting struck by lightning 20 times.

Hopefully that will spell the end for that circus. I think they should just do away with circus' having animals. They just end up being abused. I haven't been to a circus in years just for that reason. I took the kids one time and my oldest ask me why the man was being mean to the lion. I said, that is a good question, I got up right then and left. I took the kids for ice cream, they had earned it.

An elephant has escaped from a circus and killed a man in southwest Germany after attacking him as he strolled through woods on

his regular early morning walk.

The African elephant called Baby broke out of a tent at Luna Circus at around 5am on Saturday in Heilbronn and shortly afterwards attacked

a man collecting bottles and cans on a sportsground 100 metres away.

Two people witnessed the attack and called the police, and the 34-year-old elephant was calmed down by a circus employee and returned to

the tent.

http://www.telegraph...l-in-woods.html

Thats a tragedy but this was not the first time that Circus Luna faced an accident like this with an elephant. In 2000 another elephant, named Benjamin, beated a mother and her six year old child with his trunk, both had to be treated

in a clinic after that. In 2010 the same elefant squeezed a father and his 9 month old son against a fence and lifted

up both and slinged them away with his tusks. The father got very heavy injured, lost a kidney, was in coma and had

to undergo various surgeries meanwhile. His little son "just" suffered a broken leg. In 2012 the same elephant had hit

a 9yo boy with his trunk, the boy got his jaw broken.

But the weird fact is that short after the first accident in 2000 the German animal rights group PETA requested to

the responsible regional council to separate the elephant from the circus animal stuff due to his aggressive behavior and to take him into a more species-appropriate enviroment , like a zoo but nothing has been chanded. On the contrary, the elephant was still used by Circus Luna also for private photo shootings were parents put their kids on

the neck of the elephant to take photos of that event.

I`m quite sure that the actual story will result into a judicial aftermath as it seems to be quite clear that the responsible regional council didnt acted as they had to and the circus will also be held responsible, hopefully resulting into a close-down of it.

I was never a friend of circus, even not when I was a little lad, and nobody have to wonder when circus animals freak out in a way the elephant did. These are sensible and wild animals and it should be forbidden in general to carry them accross a country in tight trucks and wagons dozens of times a years and to keep them in cages just to present them to a bunch of hundreds of screaming ppl and to force them to make stupid stunts. Its disgusting, simply just that.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1