Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Chelyabinsk meteor: Many Russians unconvinced

chelyabinsk meteor

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,493 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

So you do believe all that your Government tells you about the threat from Others? Well, is there any difference from any Government telling its People that there's a danger from somewhere or other?
You say that there is a difference in that there is a real and clear and present danger from Islamic Extremists? Well, terrorists (particularly Chechens) have been quite busy in Russia; much busier, in fact, than Islamic terrorists have been in the U.S.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#17    Twinkle Arora is back

Twinkle Arora is back

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Mythical Awareness

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Only if these guys are unable to prove it that it was a meteoroid then I would believe in any other theories.
Other theories related to any secret weapon testing may more likely be true then other than any UFO thingie.
After watching the Video which supposedly shows UFOs travelling alongside the meteoroid (or supposedly weapon), it looks like that those things are just camera glares, but I might be wrong.

The history faced by Russian forces them to think of these conspiracy theories, it's not their mistake even if those are not true, they are just trying to safeguard themselves in a way reflecting on the past.

#18    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 23 February 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Although I'm sure there's lots of noisy speculation and conspiracy nonsense and what-have-you, my experience is that most Russians are as level headed as any other group.  It's the ones with the craziest ideas that get the attention.

That's true. Even though most think it was a meteor,  All the conspiracy nuts got the attention of the news and made this article.
And it gave all of us something to read even though we think it's nothing out of the ordinary. That's how the media works to make money.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#19    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 24 February 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

So you do believe all that your Government tells you about the threat from Others? Well, is there any difference from any Government telling its People that there's a danger from somewhere or other?
You say that there is a difference in that there is a real and clear and present danger from Islamic Extremists? Well, terrorists (particularly Chechens) have been quite busy in Russia; much busier, in fact, than Islamic terrorists have been in the U.S.

Yes there's a difference!  We're no threat to Russia!  Good grief!  The United States NEEDS a strong Russia!

Bah!  I give up.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#20    doppleganger2015

doppleganger2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• The more normal something appears to be
    The more insane it actually is.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

NK did it or one of thier allies

#21    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,106 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 23 February 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

They say that Russia is the motherland of conspiracy theories, and public reaction to the sudden meteor strike a week ago that stunned people in the Ural mountains, and injured more than 1,200, seems to be proving that true.

A survey published today by the fairly staid Moscow daily Noviye Izvestia found that barely half its readers believe the official report that the blast was caused by a meteor.

http://www.csmonitor...think-so.-video

Apparently "many Russians" are morons.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#22    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

It really was a UFO.  It has yet to be absolutely identified, flew, and was some sort of object.

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,489 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 24 February 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

It really was a UFO.  It has yet to be absolutely identified, flew, and was some sort of object.

it is not really a UFO, the scientists already know exactly what it is:

http://online.wsj.co...4130040432.html

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#24    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,493 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostRafterman, on 24 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Apparently "many Russians" are morons.
Given what you might glean from a very brief perusal of the Conspiracies & Secret Societies section  here, not to mention a thousand and one sites all over the Inter Net, you could draw the conclusion tht many Americans are morons. Would that necessarily be any more accurate of the general population as a whole?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#25    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

All this has got me to speculating (rather wildly) about what it would mean if we really were under observation or study by a seriously advanced culture who for whatever reason don't want to reveal themselves.

If I were commanding such an outfit and saw that the planet we were studying was about to be hit by a rock big enough to destroy a city and kill millions, but I don't want to make my presence known to them, what do I do.  It is immoral to sit back and do nothing when you have the power to prevent the catastrophe.

Well I shoot the damn thing down high up in the atmosphere so our explosion seems to be just normal meteoric atmospheric destruction.

So maybe we are being protected, we just don't know it. :unsure:

#26    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,493 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 24 February 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yes there's a difference! We're no threat to Russia! Good grief! The United States NEEDS a strong Russia!

Bah! I give up.
did the Russian Govt. say that it was an American missile? Or was that just what someone may have said on the inter Net?

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,489 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 24 February 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

All this has got me to speculating (rather wildly) about what it would mean if we really were under observation or study by a seriously advanced culture who for whatever reason don't want to reveal themselves.

If I were commanding such an outfit and saw that the planet we were studying was about to be hit by a rock big enough to destroy a city and kill millions, but I don't want to make my presence known to them, what do I do.  It is immoral to sit back and do nothing when you have the power to prevent the catastrophe.

Well I shoot the damn thing down high up in the atmosphere so our explosion seems to be just normal meteoric atmospheric destruction.

So maybe we are being protected, we just don't know it. :unsure:

That would be nice of them. You do know that you would be god to many here once they found out.

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#28    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

View Postpallidin, on 23 February 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Doesn't surprise me. That was one heck of an air explosion. Of course it was just the meteor, but I assume(without knowledge) many in that region do not have ready access to world-wide information regarding the natural, cosmic event.
All Russians from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok and Murmansk to Krasnodar have full access to all forms of communication and are very well informed. Even people living in far out of the way places such as Amur where it takes 24 hours simply to get from homestead to local village....

#29    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 24 February 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

did the Russian Govt. say that it was an American missile? Or was that just what someone may have said on the inter Net?
It was the embarassing idiot Zhirinovsky who said it was US missile. He knows Western media monitor all he says and will give him publicity in order to try to put Russia in bad light. I think he is secret US agitator :D

#30    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I put a video up on another thread about this. It was linked from Russian side of Youtube, and I can say clearly that the vast majority of comments have condemned the video as fake. People know it was a meteor. There is some ignorant Russophobic garbage here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users