Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#16    Alphamale06

Alphamale06

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

"The Ancient Alien Theory Is True"...

That's a strong statement, I await examples for discussion. :)

Btw: welcome to the forums alphamale06!

#17    Alphamale06

Alphamale06

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Pleased to have joined... Thank you

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostAlphamale06, on 17 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

It takes a certain type of understanding to really embrace the ancient alien theory, as most skeptics do not, cannot, and will not be able to process this information. Yes, there is a God and Jesus Christ did walk this Earth, however , I am of the opinion that there roles and purpose was misunderstood .... I am also a Christian that also believed extraterrestrials played a huge part in developing mankind..... There is NO debunking the building and creAting of these enormous ancient structures..,,anyone who thinks that regular human beings built these structures are not capable of processing the truth ... It is not there fault ..... Some people are not meant to understand.. But in due time all will know.
It seems you use "truth" when you really mean unsubstantiated claim.

#19    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Back in the 80's, I was sort of in the same boat.
Are you familiar with Petra? Their song: "Not Of This World" quotes verses that could be argued to support your pov.
"We are strangers, we are aliens We are not of this world."
Surely this was a reference to the nomadic history of the people.
That's the thing about the living word though, it can be used to support many, even conflicting, viewpoints.

#20    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

"The Ancient Alien Theory Is True"...

That's a strong statement, I await examples for discussion. :)

Btw: welcome to the forums alphamale06!

The Great Pyramid
Puma Punku
The various Megalithic sites of Peru, Central and South America, where precision stonework was achieved with extremely hard stone and impossible weights...............

Try that one for a start.

Edited by zoser, 17 November 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

#21    Alphamale06

Alphamale06

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostAntilles, on 17 November 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

alphamale, do you need some help to learn how to quote and post? :yes:

Yes, actually I do.

#22    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Ancient Aliens seems to make a lot of sense if you have very little actual understanding and knowledge of history.  The more you learn, the more you come to realize that the idea just isn't supported.

Here's a good place to start.

Cheers.

#23    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Ancient Aliens seems to make a lot of sense if you have very little actual understanding and knowledge of history.  The more you learn, the more you come to realize that the idea just isn't supported.

Here's a good place to start.

Cheers.

Good one, boon,... thanks for posting that. :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#24    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

It takes a certain type of understanding to really embrace the ancient alien theory, as most skeptics do not, cannot, and will not be able to process this information. Yes, there is a God and Jesus Christ did walk this Earth, however , I am of the opinion that there roles and purpose was misunderstood .... I am also a Christian that also believed extraterrestrials played a huge part in developing mankind..... There is NO debunking the building and creAting of these enormous ancient structures..,,anyone who thinks that regular human beings built these structures are not capable of processing the truth ... It is not there fault ..... Some people are not meant to understand.. But in due time all will know.

Just because we dont know every and all details of how our ancestors built this or that do NOT leave the door open for ET.

To claim that extraterrestrials visited Earth back in the days (based on the evidence I have seen to date) takes a gigantic leap of faith.

Edited by Hazzard, 17 November 2012 - 04:13 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#25    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostHazzard, on 17 November 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Good one, boon,... thanks for posting that. :)

Thanks Hazzard, it is probably one of the best condensed videos on the subject that I've seen.  It packs a lot of information into very small chunks that are fairly easy to digest, and any who are interested in further pursuing information like this can find even more throughout the forums, mostly in the Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History section.

This is the first thread that I read when I came here: Ancient Astronaut Theory, and even though it wasn't easy to get through at times, I found the information provided invaluable.  Prior to reading that thread I was pretty well convinced that the History Channel's Ancient Aliens series, and a few other things that I had read and watched had done a very good job of supporting the idea.

This isn't to say that any of this information proves aliens have never been here, but it does disprove and more fully explain the evidence that is commonly used (or rather misused) in an effort to support the idea.

#26    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostHazzard, on 17 November 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Just because we dont know every and all details of how our ancestors built this or that do NOT leave the door open for ET.

To claim that extraterrestrials visited Earth back in the days (based on the evidence I have seen to date) takes a gigantic leap of faith.

I love statements like this (Zoser rolls up his sleeves):

Concerning the Great Pyramid:
  • How did it come to be aligned exactly according to the cardinal points of the compass?  With what means?
  • How did it come to be built at exactly 30 deg N?
  • How was the finish and accuracy achieved with the 30 tonne rose granite blocks in the Kings chamber so high up inside the pyramid?
  • Why was no mummy ever found?
  • How was the accuracy in the descending passage achieved to within +/- 0.25 inch across it's entire length?
  • What was the purpose behind the so called ventilation shafts inside the 'Kings and Queen's chambers'?  Where do they go?  Remember that the shafts inside one of the chambers were totally blocked until discovered in the 20th century.
  • Why the salt deposits inside the Queen's chamber?  From where did it originate?
  • Why do the mathematical constants of pi and the golden mean turn up in it's construction when knowledge of these constants was supposed to have originated in Greece thousands of years later?
Seriously H it's madness to claim that we have all the answers.  When you have answered those let's talk about Puma Punku which is even more baffling.

Posted Image

#27    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

WOW that statement is just cutting every ancient civilization off at the legs

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#28    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Interesting thread. I've been reading (and watching) a lot about this theory recently. However much I'd like it to be the case, many things (particularly like the information contained in the link Boony kindly posted) stack up against it.

It seems that a lot of us don't give our ancestors that much credit for what they were able to achieve. I am still open-minded on the subject, but as with most sub-topics in this particular forum, evidence is well, not exactly forthcoming.

Cheers all,
M.

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#29    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I love statements like this (Zoser rolls up his sleeves):

Concerning the Great Pyramid:
  • How did it come to be aligned exactly according to the cardinal points of the compass?  With what means?
  • How did it come to be built at exactly 30 deg N?
  • How was the finish and accuracy achieved with the 30 tonne rose granite blocks in the Kings chamber so high up inside the pyramid?
  • Why was no mummy ever found?
  • How was the accuracy in the descending passage achieved to within +/- 0.25 inch across it's entire length?
  • What was the purpose behind the so called ventilation shafts inside the 'Kings and Queen's chambers'?  Where do they go?  Remember that the shafts inside one of the chambers were totally blocked until discovered in the 20th century.
  • Why the salt deposits inside the Queen's chamber?  From where did it originate?
  • Why do the mathematical constants of pi and the golden mean turn up in it's construction when knowledge of these constants was supposed to have originated in Greece thousands of years later?
Seriously H it's madness to claim that we have all the answers.  When you have answered those let's talk about Puma Punku which is even more baffling.

I don't think sceptics will believe ancient alien theory until the day comes when a pyramid is discovered somewhere other than earth that isn't said to be a natural formation. I also agree that there's hardly proof until some ancient alien technology is found, but would we recocognize it if it existed, I doubt it. Any technology could then be viewed as prior human civilization discovered.

AA is a hard theory to prove to sceptics especially if they watched the TV show that pushes the different theories into the realms of total fantasy so  its all very discouraging to the real researchers to be taken seriously.

That's why I relish the day when we find a structure not on earth but simular to an ancient one on earth like a pyramid.  Ancient travellers not sky gods etc.  That would be a great find, I'd like to see that happen.

#30    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,770 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I still cannot understand why people read the supernatural things that happen in the Bible and go "they happened, but it wasn't God it was aliens".
If you're accepting the unproven events of the Bible as fact then why can't you accept the explanation given in the Bible?

I do - except the bits that allegorical metaphor and/or parable.
And I believe that aliens exist except the ones that are flights of fancy.

It's not a hard position to adopt really.

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 17 November 2012 - 10:46 PM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.